Intermittend fasting

2»

Replies

• Itreadlightly
    Itreadlightly Posts: 87 Member
    My experience with IF was 6 weeks around the holidays. My weight had plateaued about 5 Ibs above my goal. I was worried about being company for a few days, about a holiday party, and about a few other holiday things that could send me 10 lbs up so I did a 18/6.
    I did not log my food and I did not go crazy but I did eat very well. Fast food a couple times, Pizza, ice cream , waffles, a Buffett dinner w dessert, Mexican restaurant burrito and all the fixings. In spite of that my result was :I got to my goal and I enjoyed every bite. I did not overdo when it as time to break the fast.
    I decided to go back to logging and doing a 12/12 schedule for maintaining. I plan to use IF for "situations" when logging or even worrying about what to eat interferes with life so I have some control.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited February 2016
    Hi, i follow the 5:2 diet but on a alternative or 4:3 basis. On fast days i try and stay round the 500 cal mark and bump it up the next day to my usual 1200 or so.

on fast days i tend to eat my allowance during work hours then skip dinner at night, but i know alot of people do the opposite, it really depends on what suits you! i drink alot of herbal tea etc.

good luck!xx

Um No.............

This is NOT 5:2 / or even 4:3. This is just 5:2 fasting combined with a 1200 calorie diet. In other words and an excuse to eat a very low calorie diet (VLCD). MFP guidelines don't want anyone promoting VLCD's

Seriously 4x1200 + 3x500 / 7 = 900 calories a day average.

5:2 (or 4:3 for the very over weight) is 2 days at 500 and 5 days at MAINTENANCE.

Google Scooby's TDEE calculator to find your maintenance.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/100058-5-2-fasting
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Jenky85 wrote: »
    I've just started 16/8 IF and loving it! I break my fast at 12 and finish eating before 8 and I rarely get hungry. I've also lost 5 lbs in 5 days...obviously mainly water but I'm to bloated anymore and feel so energetic :)

This is my routine as well, I enjoy it!
  • time2cutnow
    time2cutnow Posts: 150 Member
    Guise this thread is from 2013
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    16/8 here doing 11am-7pm six days a week with one 24h fast once a week.
    Love it.
    I have so much more energy.
  • time2cutnow
    time2cutnow Posts: 150 Member
    smurfbus wrote: »
    Depends how much you exercise but much better than the ultra low starvation mode numbers you posted earlier. I'm type one diabetic and I try to follow 16/8 when I can and I do my workouts just before heavy lunch at 11am. Currently I do 200kcal deficit on rest days and maintenance on gym days.

Did you search this old thread just to write that...
  • smurfbus
    smurfbus Posts: 27 Member
    Did you just search my handle to comment?
  • L_Master
    L_Master Posts: 354 Member

No?

It went to the top of threads because you unleashed a 3 year necro. No searching required.
  • Melmo1988
    Melmo1988 Posts: 293 Member
    I want to try intermittent fasting because I like the idea of eating large meals less often. I don't like eating only 300-400 calories because I'm not satisfied and I obsess about food. I think I could do 19 hours fasting and eat between 12 and 5
  • smurfbus
    smurfbus Posts: 27 Member
    L_Master wrote: »

No?

It went to the top of threads because you unleashed a 3 year necro. No searching required.

Oh oldie thread. Yup, I searched info on IF so my bad for answering an old thread.