Replies

• BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Which round of CLX is this for you?
    1st round of CLX
    What Circuit are you currently on?
    Burn
    What is the weight range that you're currently lifiting?
    7.5lbs to 20lbs
    Are you doing any cardio on your non-lifitng days? If so, what?
    I do Turbo Fire everyday and Zumba class two nights a week. I only do the strength training parts of CLX 3x's a week.
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    It's supposed to be ChaLean Extreme - Push Circuit 3....

BUT.... I know I won't give 100%... probably because of the 3 Margaritas yesterday on the 2nd date with 'blind date' (not a blind date any more is he....!!!)

So, I'm going to double-up tomorrow & Sunday.... hopefully....

Saturday
    ChaLean Extreme - Push Circuit 3
    ChaLean Extreme - Burn Intervals
    ChaLean Extreme - Abs Burner

Sunday
    ChaLean Extreme - Burn It Off
    ChaLean Extreme - Recharge
  • shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Marianne-Did you have to mention margaritas? YUM!! Blind date man must be ok if he made it to a second date!
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    Hi Ladies. I restarted last week and now I'm finishing week 2 of Burn. I made a promise to myself that I would see it through this time. I've never been fond of strength training so its been sorta hard to motivate myself to do it even though once I've started the workout I enjoy it. I absolutely enjoy CJ so I know its just me. I will work it out by just doing it so that it becomes a habit. I have to lower my BF% so it has to be done. I enjoy coming in here and reading your post even though I don't post much. You words help me with my motivation.
  • shakemybooty
    Options
    OMG-My 11 year old just tried to do burn 1 with very light weights. He was half way through and I heard three loud snap crackles and he was crying. He's now on the couch with an ice pack on his shoulder. He's upset because he "can't even lift the light weights without falling apart." :cry:
  • marianne_s
    Options
    Marianne-Did you have to mention margaritas? YUM!! Blind date man must be ok if he made it to a second date!

I know.... Margaritas... me go-to drink.... anyway...

Yeah... Blind date.... is kinda sweet....:blushing:

Hi Ladies. I restarted last week and now I'm finishing week 2 of Burn. I made a promise to myself that I would see it through this time. I've never been fond of strength training so its been sorta hard to motivate myself to do it even though once I've started the workout I enjoy it. I absolutely enjoy CJ so I know its just me. I will work it out by just doing it so that it becomes a habit. I have to lower my BF% so it has to be done. I enjoy coming in here and reading your post even though I don't post much. You words help me with my motivation.

Yeah.... I hear you.... I never thought I would enjoy lifting weights....
    I actually look forward to it.... but since we're lifting heavy, I don't think it's something that should be done when you're half tired & not focused.

So, I'm going to get an early night & BRING IT tomorrow....
  • marianne_s
    Options
    OMG-My 11 year old just tried to do burn 1 with very light weights. He was half way through and I heard three loud snap crackles and he was crying. He's now on the couch with an ice pack on his shoulder. He's upset because he "can't even lift the light weights without falling apart." :cry:

O-M-G......!

I hope he is ok......!!!!!
  • BigBoneSista
    Options

Omgoodness!! I hope he will be ok. Maybe he won't feel a thing tomorrow. *fingers crossed*
  • shakemybooty
    Options
    He says it's better than it was. This is the same kid that jumping off my bed the 4th day after his stomach surgery when he was little. Let's hope he's still a quick healer.
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    He says it's better than it was. This is the same kid that jumping off my bed the 4th day after his stomach surgery when he was little. Let's hope he's still a quick healer.

Oh you have a lil stunt man!! I'm glad it feels better. I know how scary that must have been.
  • jmf323
    jmf323 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I hope your son is ok!!

Cee: GREAT results!! woohoo!!

Today was Burn intervals....phew... I still cant do all 20 burpees :grumble:

Yesterday I did Lean circuit 2....and it requires LOTS of balance and using your core! There are many sets where you are balancing on one foot and also there are sets where you are in plank position and lifting with one arm at a time. There were a few sets where I went down to 5lbs (which feels wierd after lifting heavy in push) and I still was fatigued at 12, Chalean went really light on some too so I did not feel as bad, haha! I have never been so sore like I am in this phase. On the upside you do not need a chair in lean ciruit 2.

I will let you know of Lean circuit 3 is tomorrow...:tongue:

I hope everyone has a great weekend! It's HOT here in Texas so not much outside activity for me
  • mmtiernan
    mmtiernan Posts: 702 Member
    Options

That must have scared you half to death!!! Glad to hear that he's okay!!

Got in Burn 2 tonight - again went down on the deadlifts and skipped the bowler lunges (afraid falling off balance might re-injure my back), but the workout felt good!! Only 17.5 lbs. on the deadlifts and even then, I went very sloooooowwwww to keep good form but all seems good!! I'm so happy to be lifting again!! (I was starting to get crabby from missing workouts !)

Good night CLX'ers!!
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    I see what you mean about the HIIT 15 Cee. I was laughing to myself because I really tried to pay attention to the breakdown before the moves. The second that bell went off, my mind went completely blank. I did ok with it but got lost on my timing with a few of the jumps. I was still jumping but it wasn't as pretty. LOL My head is killing me again from the weather change. I would be ok doing the drills until we stopped and then my head would pound like crazy. I need to move some where the weather never changes!

Overall...loved it!

I forgot...Shawn T. has ruined the word "plyo" for me. Whenever I hear it, I cringe in terror.
    :laugh: Same here! I was like, oh shoot, what are the steps again? That last routine KILLED me though. I could not do all the jumps. Even in Insanity, the jumps were a PITA. I hope your head feels better!
  • lovetowrite73
    Options
    Hey, Desirai! We're in the TF thread together too. I hope CLX keeps you interested this time around. I really love lifting. It makes me feel strong and just on to of the world. I watch my arms taking shape and I'm like oh yeah. Lol I find shapely arms so attractive.
  • lovetowrite73
    Options
    OMG, LeeAnn!! Is he okay??! Poor baby! First you beat him wrestling, now this. (I had to try to make you laugh :smile:)
  • lovetowrite73
    Options
    I hope your son is ok!!

Yesterday I did Lean circuit 2....and it requires LOTS of balance and using your core! There are many sets where you are balancing on one foot and also there are sets where you are in plank position and lifting with one arm at a time. There were a few sets where I went down to 5lbs (which feels wierd after lifting heavy in push) and I still was fatigued at 12, Chalean went really light on some too so I did not feel as bad, haha! I have never been so sore like I am in this phase. On the upside you do not need a chair in lean ciruit 2.

I hope everyone has a great weekend! It's HOT here in Texas so not much outside activity for me
    I saw the move where you're in plank & do tricep extensions. I just shook my head. Then I saw she does it in TF too. At least I'll get good practice before I get to the Lean phase.

Have a great day, ladies!
  • catniss
    catniss Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I just spent the last 20 mins typing out a whole long catch-up post----and somehow I lost it
    ahhhhhh--well, I'll have to redo it later--gotta get the day started.
    Have a great Saturday to all my buddies.
  • timeformajorchange
    Options
    Leeann~ How's the kiddo today? I hope he's alright!! My kids do the same thing with my weights.... Poor kid!

Well my last weekend in the Burn phase. I take my 30day results on Tuesday!! HOORAY!! The question I have for you all is: should I take a complete rest day Monday to help flush out the excess water I've been retaining since starting CLX? lol Or should I just do my cardio Sat/Sun/Mon and not worry about it? It's not a lot of water that I can tell, but I can definitely feel it in my finger and my ankles so I know there's enough to possibly throw some things off. What do you ladies think?

Or would doing the cardio 3 days in a row help to flush it out?
  • timeformajorchange
    Options
    I just spent the last 20 mins typing out a whole long catch-up post----and somehow I lost it
    ahhhhhh--well, I'll have to redo it later--gotta get the day started.
    Have a great Saturday to all my buddies.

ooo I hate that!!
  • timeformajorchange
    Options
    I hope your son is ok!!

Burpees are the bane of my existence! I used to think pushups were bad, and while I still don't like the tricep ones, I'm actually liking the normal ones. lol But I just groan when she says "burpees!". So glad she's not in my living room with me to hear me complaining about them! :D I've heard Lean is the phase you lose the most weight in. Can't wait to hit that phase since I've only lost about 5lbs total so far... :( Trying not to let that number mess with my head though. Focusing on the strength and how I am increasing my weights basically every workout. :love: