Woman who are 5'7-5'8

Options

Replies

• KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    This site has some great examples of different body types at the same height/weight. It really shows the variation in appearance that body composition can make :)
    I'm 5"7 and currently sitting around 160- I'm hoping to get down by another 15lbs but in no huge rush as I'm in a health BMI range :) I have lost 45lbs though so compared to where I was at a year ago I'm more than happy at 160 for the moment. (I'm not athletic in the slightest either)
  • tara_means_star
    tara_means_star Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    I'm 5.7. I started at 216 (the highest weight I know of, but I weighed more and lost before I stepped on a scale). Currently, I'm 179 and hourglass, medium frame. I'm shooting for 140, I think, and we'll see how it goes from there. I might stop before 140, I might go a little further, say 135. We'll just have to see :wink:
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    5'7.5 and 134. Kinda recomping through lifting heavy but wouldn't be upset if I lost 4 lbs lol
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,952 Member
    Options
    I have large wrists (and feet) and corresponding large frame size: http://www.timigustafson.com/2009/what-is-your-frame-size-s-m-l-xl/

My goal weight would actually put me into Overweight according to the BMI chart, but that was the weight I was when I was a full time yoga teacher and in great shape, so think it's a good goal for now.
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and maintain around 138/140. I lost about 15 lbs over two years ago and have been maintaining ever since. This weight feels really good to me. Not too hard to maintain and my clothes fit great (around a size 6 depending on the brand). The past two summers I have been able to confidently wear a bikini which feels awesome! Especially being over 40 and having two kids. :smile:
  • jordyngiulio
    jordyngiulio Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and currently 184. Starting weight was 240 and ultimate goal is 155. I have a fairly broad, hourglass shape. Really wide through the hips with larger boobs, very narrow at the waist. Had hoped to decrease my chest size through weight loss, but all I managed to do was reduce my ribcage circumference, giving me a large cup size.

www.mybodygallery.com has a bunch of picture of real people that you can browse through to get an idea of how much variation there is in the appearance of different weights, even at the same height
  • G33K_G1RL
    G33K_G1RL Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I'm a hair under 5'8'' and currently stuck at 168 lbs. I want to get to 155 and see from there. While I clearly still have some fat to lose, I have wide shoulders (and prominent collarbones) so going too thin may make me look skeletal. It won't happen overnight so I'll see when I get there ;)

I weightlifted through my whole weightloss (from 202 lbs) so I have a good amount of muscle already showing nicely :)
  • cavia
    cavia Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    5'7" currently 150lbs. People describe me as looking fit. I'd love to be muscular but that doesn't seem to be in the genetic cards for me.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8'' and 31 weeks pregnant and weigh 163. Started pregnancy at 140. At my starting weight I felt great but always want to lose about 5 more. :)
  • jkr1000
    jkr1000 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7.5" and 170lb would love to be 140 but I just can't maintain that weight. This time I'm aiming for 150lb. Definitely not athletic build although I do a fair bit of exercise but at the same time I love my food. I find that on my body 160 looks good, or definitely makes me feel good, but I'm sure at that weight it means that I am classed as over weight, wish I wasn't a slave to the scales
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    5'7. I'm currently 143 with a goal weight of 135 :)
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I am 5'8.5" and currently 160lbs. Goal weight is 150.
  • hotrodnscorp
    hotrodnscorp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Im 211 lbs, were a size 15 jeans. I am stocky built, broad shoulders and hips and fairly muscular.
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    5'7. At goal weight of 137lbs for almost a year now. Lost 46lbs.
  • jmgj27
    jmgj27 Posts: 531 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and currently 243. I'm definitely athletic and gain muscle really easily. I look good at anything under 170 and have been as low as 143. I'd say 150 is probably my ideal weight but I'm aiming for 165 at the moment to just creep into the normal BMI range!
  • Polishprincess83
    Polishprincess83 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7 and 3/4. I went from being 212 lbs to currently at 173. My ultimate weight goal is 162 due to my large bone mass. Since reaching 173 lbs I am more focus on toning than losing weight. I used to be athletic and you can still tell that there is an athletic build about me. Just need to keep on toning.
  • Beploveshomer
    Beploveshomer Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Im 5'8" and 180 right now. I am large framed and muscular, plus have 36 G breasts that weigh a ton and don't go down much with weight loss, my final goal weight is no less than 160.
  • jwcanfield
    jwcanfield Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" 185 and still have lots of body fat to go. My sister is 5'8" and 135 and is very slim, but gracile, not athletic. The lowest she ever got was 127 after a flu (aka NOT a healthy weight!)

I love that you used "gracile" in a sentence!
  • groversa
    groversa Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'8 but have a hour glass type body and luckily my body is pretty well proportioned. I started at 203 (which many people didn't believe I was because of my shape) and am now 183. I don't see much of a different at all between the two weights, but its shows that people can look different at different weights depending on their bodies! Although i like my body shape, I do want to get to 170 or 165 but not too low where I would lose my shape.

• jwcanfield
    jwcanfield Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    5'7 1/2". At 29 got down to 135 and looked really great in photos - model thin. But couldn't keep it there. 150 is a goal for me now, and am still quite slender-looking at that. Now in 60s and less muscular, but still broad-shouldered, long arms, prominent bones, muscular legs. Face shows weight (grrr) and get this less than fabulous fat-back when past 170. Never get into those tiny clothing sizes even at slimmest, so that is not and never was a goal.