Why get into a relationship if your a cheater???

Options
How can some people propose to their partner while having another man/women on the side? If your not a committing person and can't be honest with yourself and your partner, you shouldn't be in a relationship. Stay single!

Replies

• gcibsthom
    gcibsthom Posts: 30,145 Member
    Options
    Can't say. My ex wife was like that, and she could never explain it either....
  • Hey_Its_That_One_Guy
    Hey_Its_That_One_Guy Posts: 21,763 Member
    Options
    Everybody likes a little stability.
  • missnursediana
    missnursediana Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    They should learn to be stable mentally and financially one their own, Not use someone to achieve it
  • Hey_Its_That_One_Guy
    Options
    If they're cheaters they clearly aren't thinking about other people in the first place.
  • gcibsthom
    Options
    But some people take way too learn to realize that..A lot of people, young and older, seem to think they need someone else to be complete. They glom on to someone and as soon as some little thing goes wrong, they go for another....keeping the other one as well. They are needers....not good.
  • Hey_Its_That_One_Guy
    Options
    Society these days is pretty tailored to "If you don't like something get a new one you do like." instead of the "If something is broken fix it" of years past.
  • sw33tp3a15
    sw33tp3a15 Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options
    I have asked this question to a cheater and they couldn't answer. I think deep down somewhere in their soul like really really deep, they want to be this committed person that's why they get into relationships. But for some reason they choose not to. It's a choice.
  • missnursediana
    Options
    Agreed...people give up too easily. Where's the love and respect in relationships these days???
  • tryingtolive1
    tryingtolive1 Posts: 245 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    One of the people I know who does this time after time says he never goes into a relationship thinking he is going to do this but he gets bored etc and it just happens. I told him it just does not happen he makes those choices it is his issue not everyone elses. He is one of the most selfish people I know. Not just in this area of his life.

He or others like him are the reason many women have just given up.
  • gcibsthom
    Options
    I think some have this need. The more people who "love" them, the more loved they feel. Even though, they are missing a more satisfying love from that one true love. And sometimes they mistake love for lust.
  • sw33tp3a15
    sw33tp3a15 Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options
    gcibsthom wrote: »
    I think some have this need. The more people who "love" them, the more loved they feel. Even though, they are missing a more satisfying love from that one true love. And sometimes they mistake love for lust.

Good point!
  • missnursediana
    Options
    No matter how hard you try and how good of a person you are, you can't make someone love you. Cheating is definitely a choice. Yes mistakes happen, but after the first time, it's just a selfish habit
  • MakeupMegs
    MakeupMegs Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Not always, but in a lot of cases I believe a cheater (especially serial cheaters) is someone who needs a lot of reassurance/ego boosting- regardless of how amazing their spouse may or may not be, I think a lot of cheaters are insecure people that just need to know they are wanted regardless of the attraction level/ connection level with the other person. I think these types of cheaters just want validation anywhere they can find it, because they need other people to make them feel good about themselves- the sad part with these types is that no one will ever be enough for them, because they don't realize that the problem is within themselves.
  • Kvm11628
    Kvm11628 Posts: 7,386 Member
    Options
    gcibsthom wrote: »
    But some people take way too learn to realize that..A lot of people, young and older, seem to think they need someone else to be complete. They glom on to someone and as soon as some little thing goes wrong, they go for another....keeping the other one as well. They are needers....not good.

truth. You shouldn't be with someone to find a "missing piece." You need to be whole before you commit to someone else.
  • Awillz_Conqueror
    Awillz_Conqueror Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Why do people opt for processed foods over the natural healthy choices?
    Why do people skip the gym for the bar?
    How often do we think critically about the decisions we make? As opposed to reacting from emotion or instinct/taught behavior?

Let's not paint this picture that monogamy has been the "way of the world" since the beginning of time. It hasn't. In fact, the majority of human history suggests men having multiple partners/wives. [I cannot confirm women, I have not done the research] And let's not paint this other picture saying "generations of past fixed their issues...and didn't cheat..... blah, blah..." because that is an absolute lie.

What I can say about cheating, in my opinion, is that the decision to do so is no different than the other bad choices we make. People who smoke, drink, eat poorly, stress, have anger issues, suffer from addiction, etc all seem to get this societal pass... but cheating - oh no- cheating calls for a witch hunt of sorts and 1,000,000 theories as to why people do it. Let's look at our own lives, find the bad choices/habits we have, and apply the same reasoning to why people cheat. The process and reasoning is absolutely the same. Tadaa, you have your answer.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    You never know what can set someone off though. I had a boyfriend who before me was married. Completely out of his character. After years of his wife not sleeping with him, her not doing any cooking or cleaning (as a stay at home mom), along with other issues... He had a few affairs. Does it excuse him? No. You're both to blame when there's a complete communication breakdown. But you never know what will push someone to the point where they have to.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    As much as society would like to believe we're above other animals, we're still part of a world where certain instincts don't fade. And one of them is having as much sexual contact as one can with the gender they prefer. Some have it stronger than others and some are content to just having one person.
    I don't care how long someone has been with someone else or how much they proclaim to love them, but I truly doubt there is anyone on this planet that hasn't fantasized about having sex with someone other than their partner. And if that idea is even just a passing thought, then why is it even visualized? We're still animals on a world where we're nothing but a speck in a Universe that's much bigger than what we see in the sky.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • gcibsthom
    Options
    I keep hearing the word "mistake" used in the context of cheating. To me a mistake is something done accidentally. Cheating takes conscious effort to accomplish. A lot of famous people go to therapy for sex addiction. Bull. We are all addicted to sex (not everybody wants sex, but everyone of us wants great sex) in some form or other unless there are medical reasons. Just my two cents....
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    I have nothing to contribute here but I'm intrigued, please carry on. B)
  • robs_ready
    robs_ready Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    I don't condone cheating but on the flip side, it's not always fair to blame the cheater. But if you are at the stage where you are cheating, you should just either end it or try or work out your differences.