2016 Lenten Challenge

Options
nancypnurse
nancypnurse Posts: 123 Member
Religious or not, so many of us give up something from Ash Wednesday til Easter. Some of us make large sacrifices, like alcohol or chocolate; some of us give up lesser things, like overcooked vegetables or the gym... haha.
This year, let's make a pact to give up something unhealthy, and ADD something more healthy to our routines. This can be food, or a bad habit, or whatever may help you reach your fitness goals. This year, Ash Wednesday is Wednesday, February 10. Easter is Sunday, March 27.
Post your plans below, and let's help each other achieve our goals!

Replies

• nancypnurse
    nancypnurse Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I will give up elevators (I work on the 6th floor of a hospital,) and add one hour in the gym three days per week... (i have been better at dieting than exercising in 2016, so hopefully this will be the push I need...
  • marciarwatson
    marciarwatson Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This year for lent I will add changing my sleep cycle to bed at 10:: wake at 8:00. I will add daily exercise between 8:00 and 9:00 am. God willing!
  • kaholwerda
    kaholwerda Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I will add walking my dog 3 days a week and need to think about what I will give up.
  • sixpacklady
    sixpacklady Posts: 582 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I am cutting sweets and adding more fruits. Very difficult for me since I have the biggest sweet tooth...

Thanks nancypnurse for starting this challenge!!
  • kathyc727
    kathyc727 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Quitting smoking & sticking to my gym goals.
  • rachaelspad
    rachaelspad Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I will get to the gym 3 times a week as well as walk the dog at least 5 times a week!! I need to start eating better too..
  • Buff2022
    Buff2022 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I will also quit smoking and go to the gym at least 3 times a week.
  • cvisco19
    cvisco19 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I will challenge myself to not snack after dinner and instead do stretches or weights.
  • TonyaMoorhead
    TonyaMoorhead Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I plan on eating more vegetables and getting my 10,000 steps in at least 4 days a week. Sweets no more than 1 day in a week.
  • codyandme2011
    codyandme2011 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    :)
  • samciruolo
    samciruolo Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Gym 4x per week No more than 1 cheat day per week
  • arlyn613
    arlyn613 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I will add zumba at least 2 times a week and give up sweets such as cookies, cakes , candy, ice cream with the exception of peppermint.
  • meunsmelody96
    meunsmelody96 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I will be taking away late night tv for sleep and adding exercise 4x a week
  • t2daisy
    t2daisy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am going to give up wheat and bread. I always turn to sugary breads when I'm stressed or bored.
  • sndrd49
    sndrd49 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I will pack my lunch and snacks at least 4 out of 5 workdays, giving up restaurants which always get me into trouble.
  • kathim429
    kathim429 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I will give up my snacking while at work (I used to be really good at only eating my meals, but not lately) and getting to the gym 5 days a week. I will also do my Physical Therapy stretches for my hips!!!! Great challenge!!
  • louchew22
    louchew22 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I will do 100 squats and sit ups per day. Not sure what I'll give up. Got my wedding in July so really need to tone up and drop 20lbs
  • andy121678
    andy121678 Posts: 1 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Found this at the perfect time as ash Wednesday is in 2 days and my life needs a swift kick in the booty! Although lent is really not about giving things up, I will give up sweets (which I truly love and am practically addicted to) and do elliptical + arms and abs or legs and abs workouts 3 times a week. My family are going to disney world after easter and I would love to not feel fat. Good luck to everyone in your Lenten goals.
  • Ashtoretet
    Ashtoretet Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    My 1-pound weightloss right now is 1370, so I'll be going back down to 1200 for Lent. I'm really not in a rush to lose the weight, it's more that I want to sacrifice something and have it actually be doable (did 1200 for months last year.)
  • sixpacklady
    sixpacklady Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    andy121678 wrote: »
    Found this at the perfect time as ash Wednesday is in 2 days and my life needs a swift kick in the booty! Although lent is really not about giving things up, I will give up sweets (which I truly love and am practically addicted to) and do elliptical + arms and abs or legs and abs workouts 3 times a week. My family are going to disney world after easter and I would love to not feel fat. Good luck to everyone in your Lenten goals.

Good Luck, I am also giving up sweets and adding more fruits instead. I looooove my icecream, but it is only for a few weeks...