Replies

• roobidoobidoo
    roobidoobidoo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am donating the £ equivalent of the lbs I lose over Lent to Charity
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Haven't observed Lent before but there's a first time for everything.
    Giving up-negative thinking
    Adding in-more time for my personal worship life
  • nancypnurse
    nancypnurse Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    This year for lent I will add changing my sleep cycle to bed at 10:: wake at 8:00. I will add daily exercise between 8:00 and 9:00 am. God willing!

Great idea, Marcia--
  • nancypnurse
    Options
    I am donating the £ equivalent of the lbs I lose over Lent to Charity

What a fantastic idea! Have you decided which charity?
  • nancypnurse
    Options
    zcb94 wrote: »
    I'm in! Haven't observed Lent before but there's a first time for everything.
    Giving up-negative thinking
    Adding in-more time for my personal worship life

Love it-- let us know where you need help :)
  • nancypnurse
    Options
    andy121678 wrote: »
    Found this at the perfect time as ash Wednesday is in 2 days and my life needs a swift kick in the booty! Although lent is really not about giving things up, I will give up sweets (which I truly love and am practically addicted to) and do elliptical + arms and abs or legs and abs workouts 3 times a week. My family are going to disney world after easter and I would love to not feel fat. Good luck to everyone in your Lenten goals.

Good Luck, I am also giving up sweets and adding more fruits instead. I looooove my icecream, but it is only for a few weeks...

Haha-- ice cream is also a hereditary downfall around here-- mother, sisters, kids all scream for ice cream.
  • nancypnurse
    Options
    Found this at the perfect time as ash Wednesday is in 2 days and my life needs a swift kick in the booty! Although lent is really not about giving things up, I will give up sweets (which I truly love and am practically addicted to) and do elliptical + arms and abs or legs and abs workouts 3 times a week. My family are going to disney world after easter and I would love to not feel fat. Good luck to everyone in your Lenten goals.

working on the sugar addiction myself, since reading about its close ties to Alzheimers disease.... good luck!
  • nancypnurse
    Options

Best of luck, Ash-- have you thought of anything you would like to add to your life in the next six weeks?
  • cmr3399
    cmr3399 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to give up negative thinking as well....I would like being kinder to myself and more gym time. I really need to be less critical of myself. I think it is part of my downfall.
  • nancypnurse
    Options
    kathim429 wrote: »
    I will give up my snacking while at work (I used to be really good at only eating my meals, but not lately) and getting to the gym 5 days a week. I will also do my Physical Therapy stretches for my hips!!!! Great challenge!!

sounds like you might give up a weak butt and abs! ;)
  • nancypnurse
    Options
    sndrd49 wrote: »
    I will pack my lunch and snacks at least 4 out of 5 workdays, giving up restaurants which always get me into trouble.

Oh, wow-- work snacking is a killer! Let me know how we can help.
  • nancypnurse
    Options
    sndrd49 wrote: »
    I will pack my lunch and snacks at least 4 out of 5 workdays, giving up restaurants which always get me into trouble.

I did this a couple of years ago, and discovered that I liked the taste of what I brought even better than what I bought "on the fly..." Great idea!
  • nancypnurse
    Options
    I will be taking away late night tv for sleep and adding exercise 4x a week

sounds good!
  • nancypnurse
    Options
    t2daisy wrote: »
    I am going to give up wheat and bread. I always turn to sugary breads when I'm stressed or bored.

Habits are so hard to break-- at least you know your triggers-- stress and boredom. What could you do instead? This could be your addition during Lent!
  • nancypnurse
    Options
    samciruolo wrote: »
    Gym 4x per week No more than 1 cheat day per week

Sounds very doable.... Plan to do anything in particular at the gym, or will you mix it up?
  • nancypnurse
    Options
    arlyn613 wrote: »
    I will add zumba at least 2 times a week and give up sweets such as cookies, cakes , candy, ice cream with the exception of peppermint.

How fun-- hopefully, the Zumba can give you the same high as the sweets!
  • nancypnurse
    Options
    I plan on eating more vegetables and getting my 10,000 steps in at least 4 days a week. Sweets no more than 1 day in a week.

Sounds great-- if you find any good ways to spice up those veggies, post em up! :)
  • nancypnurse
    Options
    cvisco19 wrote: »
    I will challenge myself to not snack after dinner and instead do stretches or weights.

Lift those gorgeous kids of yours over your head a few times a nite-- they won't even realize that they are part of a weight training program! ;)
  • nancypnurse
    Options
    bluvsu wrote: »
    I will also quit smoking and go to the gym at least 3 times a week.

Fantastic-- best of luck with the smoking. Get help if you need it-- this is your life at stake, Blu. The gym is a really nice combination too-- because as you stop smoking, the gym should feel easier....
  • nancypnurse
    Options
    I will get to the gym 3 times a week as well as walk the dog at least 5 times a week!! I need to start eating better too..

Yay!!!! And I am sure the pup loves this idea too! :)