From a size 20 to a size 8 with strength training, in one year! PICS!

Options

Replies

• Healthy67Chick
    Healthy67Chick Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • momamia3
    momamia3 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have been fallow ing this post for some time. I love to see all the positive feedback. And it's great how you answer questions and give advice... I have subscribed to your you tube videos... and have watched them many times... congrats on baby..I too am a March birthday.and so is my 2nd son...
  • GenElizabeth
    GenElizabeth Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    @momamia3: Glad to hear you are watching the videos! Love that. I, myself, am also a March baby!! Lots of us. :blush: 33 weeks along at this point so it's getting closer, it's very exciting! All the best to you. :heart:
  • ironhajee
    ironhajee Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Great efforts! You inspire!
  • Alysia82
    Alysia82 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this :)
  • alynxx2016
    alynxx2016 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    OMG amazing!
  • billbraskey
    billbraskey Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    That body is on a whole-nuvva-levvoe!!!!
  • robingmurphy
    robingmurphy Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I am totally inspired by this. You were pretty in your before pictures ... but you are holy *kitten* rockin' amazing in your afters!
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,255 Member
    Options
    Just amazing, thank you so much for sharing. It is always great to see others and their successes. Absolutely inspirational!
  • jennalennafur
    jennalennafur Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Yep. That's it. I'm going to start weight training. Thanks for sharing, you look amazing!
  • polie1
    polie1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You look amazing ... Thanks for sharing!
  • JacquelineB71
    JacquelineB71 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Nice! I have similar stats to you, but your legs are bangin'
    Check you out! Amazing transformation! I don't want to be weird, but you have an amazing butt!

Wow! I'm looking forward to showing some visible progress this summer
  • slimbettie
    slimbettie Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    your pics always inspire me...thanks for sharing. you are now where i want to be in a year :)
  • shellybelly395
    shellybelly395 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am petite too at 5ft 2. I've reached 137lb but struggle with my abs. Any advice on ab workouts would be great
    Thanks
    Michelle
  • GenElizabeth
    Options
    Thanks all. :smile:

@shellybelly395: Having "abs" is a matter of lowering your overall body fat. They are usually the very last to see but if you stick to a healthy diet and work your abs regularly, you WILL see them, in time. You can do it! Just keep going!

Being 5'3" myself, I still didn't see my abs, even at 129lbs. Might've been 115-120lbs for me but I got preggers so I'll have to wait and see, lol! It's different for everyone but if you keep your protein high, keep your work outs intense and be consistent, you'll get there for sure. :wink:
  • GenElizabeth
    edited March 2016
    Options
    As far as exercises for abs go, there are countless ways to work them. Even squats (if done properly), work your ab muscles. I would google ab exercises and see what you can find that best suits you.

I have had 2 c-sections (with a 3rd coming up in 3 weeks) so doing strenuous or isolated movements in that area was difficult for me. I stuck with exercises like squats, deadlifts, weighted step ups and stuff like that to best incorporate my abdominal muscles.

Best of luck!
  • Txgal555
    Txgal555 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    rayw89 wrote: »
    You are the image of health! You didn't just get thin, you got FIT. You look awesome!

I was just thinking the same. You look absolutely amazing. I don't know you and iam already proud of my MFP fellow. Keep it up
  • backontheattack
    backontheattack Posts: 3,178 Member
    Options
    wow! awesome job!!
  • Angellaree
    Angellaree Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Awesome results, way to go!
  • jennalennafur
    jennalennafur Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Wow! That much change in just a year? That's so amazing and also encouraging since I just started weight training three weeks ago. Thanks for sharing, you look awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!