From a size 20 to a size 8 with strength training, in one year! PICS!

Options

Replies

• GenElizabeth
    GenElizabeth Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Thanks very much everyone!! :blush:
  • hayley9914
    hayley9914 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing!! You must be very proud :-)
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    You look incredible! I know what i need to do now....
  • damic06
    damic06 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Excellent work. You look amazing!
  • gemmi33
    gemmi33 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    And thanks so much everyone! :blush: I have another update also by the way! Lol :tongue:

I just started my very own, first YouTube channel! It will be fitness related (of course!) and just another way for me to tell my story, hopefully helping to motivate others who may see it there, as well.

I hope that you guys subscribe, as I will try to post a new video once a week! It could be on any topic: weight loss, muscle gain, body recomposition, food, exercises, my experiences, etc., but the most important thing is that there's purpose to these videos. I would love to start answering the common questions I receive from people here, in video form. It's more personable and it will help aid me in overcoming my shyness!

Check it out, I had a ton of fun making the first video but they are going to need work for sure. This is all new to me, so bear with me as I learn. Thanks guys and hopefully I'll see you over there! :heart:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcleAGgBB_MHpF9Uyyx6K_Q

Heeey, thank you so much for doing this... I did this one today and it kicked my *kitten*!!! But love it, my arms feel like jelly now lol. I'm looking forward to doing the rest and seing some results.

Thanks again.. You look fantastic x
  • Jad31te
    Jad31te Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Great Job!! :)
  • cuddlescreampuff
    cuddlescreampuff Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Not only have you shaved off all those pounds, but you also shaved years off of your life! You look like a teenager. ..no joke! Congrats on the amazing transformation!!
  • KKWilson
    KKWilson Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Simply amazing! Congratulations!
  • GenElizabeth
    Options
    gemmi33 wrote: »
    And thanks so much everyone! :blush: I have another update also by the way! Lol :tongue:

I just started my very own, first YouTube channel! It will be fitness related (of course!) and just another way for me to tell my story, hopefully helping to motivate others who may see it there, as well.

I hope that you guys subscribe, as I will try to post a new video once a week! It could be on any topic: weight loss, muscle gain, body recomposition, food, exercises, my experiences, etc., but the most important thing is that there's purpose to these videos. I would love to start answering the common questions I receive from people here, in video form. It's more personable and it will help aid me in overcoming my shyness!

Check it out, I had a ton of fun making the first video but they are going to need work for sure. This is all new to me, so bear with me as I learn. Thanks guys and hopefully I'll see you over there! :heart:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcleAGgBB_MHpF9Uyyx6K_Q

Heeey, thank you so much for doing this... I did this one today and it kicked my *kitten*!!! But love it, my arms feel like jelly now lol. I'm looking forward to doing the rest and seing some results.

Thanks again.. You look fantastic x

So awesome. Great job, you will! And thank you so much. :blush:
  • GenElizabeth
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the encouragement! :heart:
  • christinedlg50
    christinedlg50 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Thank you for sharing your story and pics! You are gorgeous!
  • bigherm2121
    bigherm2121 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Omg great job. That is awesome and congrats.
  • momamia3
    momamia3 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hello. I read almost every comment on this post... and I agree you are one dedicated lady.. I have been struggling my whole life. at 32 I am the heaviest I have ever been. .. I have to get in shape . I am 5'3" 1/2 and 225lbs... I am a mom of 2 boys. .. how did you change ur will power and stay motivated .. .I know I am the only one who can change my habits. .... I took before picture and was shocked .that should b more then enough to keep me on track this time.
  • GenElizabeth
    edited July 2015
    Options
    momamia3 wrote: »
    Hello. I read almost every comment on this post... and I agree you are one dedicated lady.. I have been struggling my whole life. at 32 I am the heaviest I have ever been. .. I have to get in shape . I am 5'3" 1/2 and 225lbs... I am a mom of 2 boys. .. how did you change ur will power and stay motivated .. .I know I am the only one who can change my habits. .... I took before picture and was shocked .that should b more then enough to keep me on track this time.

I feel for you because I was close to where you are now, minus 20lbs.. You just have to go for it and not look back!

I have my daughter but I also had a son. He was 10 years old when he suddenly passed in 2010. Sometimes, the deeper the pain, the more fight there is in us. I encourage you to do this for yourself and for your 2 boys who are here with you. We don't want to waste our lives away in a depression and somber day after the next.

You have it in you, you just have to dig deep and make up your mind that you want this, that you CAN do it and that you WILL do it. :heart:

• uvachic1215
    uvachic1215 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi :)
    I'm same height and started journey at 200lb and right now 138lb...I started strength/lifting from a few months in BC I had hit a plateau. I had no idea how to properly use machines so I started going to bodypump for lifting and it def kicked my weight loss into high gear and my arms and legs look so toned, wish I had started sooner! If you have access to a gym with this class then give it a go! Good luck
    dk82 wrote: »
    Great job! You look amazing. I am also 5'3" my highest weight was 205. I have been on MFP for 5 years. I have lost and gained back over the years(some ups and downs in my life) but I have never went back up to my highest weight. Right now I'm at the lowest weight I have been in a long time, 169lbs. I have just been losing weight by eating with a deficiency and just a little bit of cardio. I want to get into strength training/ lifting. Can you tell me how you started off with weights? Send me a friend request if you want.

• opolanka222
    opolanka222 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! You look fantastic!!! Congrats!!!!
  • gemmi33
    gemmi33 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to say how so very
    momamia3 wrote: »

I feel for you because I was close to where you are now, minus 20lbs.. You just have to go for it and not look back!

I have my daughter but I also had a son. He was 10 years old when he suddenly passed in 2010. Sometimes, the deeper the pain, the more fight there is in us. I encourage you to do this for yourself and for your 2 boys who are here with you. We don't want to waste our lives away in a depression and somber day after the next.

You have it in you, you just have to dig deep and make up your mind that you want this, that you CAN do it and that you WILL do it. :heart:

I just want to say how very sorry I am to hear about the loss of your son, you really are an inspiration to all of us and such a strong amazing lady. This makes me think about my silly moans and groans I have about things in life, it certainly puts things in to respective.

Also, I really think your you tube videos are going to take off.. I know I'm hooked
  • GenElizabeth
    Options
    Thanks guys and thank you gemmi33. I'm glad that you are enjoying the vids. :heart:

Here is my latest one, on how I lost 75lbs in one year. Hope you guys check it out, you can view the other videos on my calories, workouts and more too. Hopefully, they are helpful! I am Gen Elizabeth on YouTube, in case the links don't work..

Happy 4th everyone!

HOW I lost the weight:
    https://youtu.be/D5ke_RdVC2I
    https://www.youtube.com/embed/D5ke_RdVC2I

• VeganAmandaJ
    VeganAmandaJ Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Absolutely fantastic and so encouraging!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!