From a size 20 to a size 8 with strength training, in one year! PICS!

Options

Replies

• GenElizabeth
    GenElizabeth Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    flaminica wrote: »
    I am just starting out with strength training. Can you recommend a good reliable source of well-rounded workout routines? I want to start out with good form and get into a weekly circuit I can stick to and is scalable at home.

Hmmm, I have heard good things about "New Rules of Lifting for Women" but I haven't followed that program (or any other) personally so it's hard to say. Maybe someone could chime in on that and help me out?

I have always done my own routines at home with minimal equipment. I posted some of the work outs that I do, earlier in the thread, if you want to take a look and see if those exercises would work for you. Hope that helps!

Side note: I am now working out at my gym 5 days a week, doing a split routine, requiring 1-2 rest days after, vs working full body, every day at home like I have done so far. Enjoying it very much. :blush: Will be back over there in the morning actually... Goodnight, MFPers :heart:
  • pink_daisychain
    pink_daisychain Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Wow!! You have inspired me!! Definitely going to focus on weight training rather than cardio to help me finally get to goal weight!!
  • GenElizabeth
    Options
    Awesome pink!! ^^ :blush:

Just finished at the gym a little bit ago, glad I posted here last night, saying that I was going to go this morning.... It helped get me there today. :open_mouth: Been having a challenging week with personal things going on but I'm hanging on! Doing good though but now I feel TONS better, it had been a few days. Hope y'all don't mind more pics on occasion. Working really hard and still on a calorie deficit so it's tough sometimes but I love it.. :blush:

1e4j7ykozbj9.jpg
  • GenElizabeth
    Options
    UPDATE!!! :smile:

After much consideration, research and of course, the going back and forth in my mind about it, I have decided, that as an additional goal of mine (for many different reasons), I would like to compete in the new Transformation Division of the WBFF. I love the glamour of the shows and I think the women are so beautiful!

I plan to compete in 2016/2017! If you want to support me in this endeavor, one way you can do so is by liking, sharing or commenting on my progress photo on the WBFF Transformation Facebook page! I would love it so much if you guys reached out! I've worked so hard up to this point and will continue to work hard, encouraging the friends I've made here, to go after their dreams as well. :heart:

Any other ladies out there with similar goals or interests, feel free to add me! I'm so excited about this and I can't wait! Have a great weekend MFPers, just wanted to share this with you all. :blush:
  • RunningofftheEX
    RunningofftheEX Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job, you look great!!!!
  • Cerakoala
    Cerakoala Posts: 2,547 Member
    Options
    WOW WOW WOW :) Just amazing. I lost a lot before but i have spent the last year with strength training also and while i am no where as fit as you yet I am seeing awesome results. Way to stick to it and be such an inspiration! :)
  • UrnAsh_84
    UrnAsh_84 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Congratulations
  • jules6669mfp
    jules6669mfp Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!!! Great job.
  • christhenix
    christhenix Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Wow. Amazing. Well done.
  • GenElizabeth
    Options
    Thanks guys. And Happy Father's Day!! :blush:
  • ShanteA13
    ShanteA13 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Awesome pink!! ^^ :blush:

Just finished at the gym a little bit ago, glad I posted here last night, saying that I was going to go this morning.... It helped get me there today. :open_mouth: Been having a challenging week with personal things going on but I'm hanging on! Doing good though but now I feel TONS better, it had been a few days. Hope y'all don't mind more pics on occasion. Working really hard and still on a calorie deficit so it's tough sometimes but I love it.. :blush:

1e4j7ykozbj9.jpg

You have done an amazing job. You look great!!!
  • CrystalConsults
    CrystalConsults Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Wow, woman! You look amazing, love the curves. Thanks for the wonderful inspiration!
  • Happymom83
    Happymom83 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Great job :)
  • avila463
    avila463 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Wow... Great job.... Maybe you can share some tips with me. How did you stay motivated? What was harder for you at the beginning eating clean or exercising? I just started in April-beginning weight 192.8 and current weight is 175 my goal is 135. I will complete insanity in two weeks more. I think ill do a round of p90x next still not sure.
  • Northernlight03
    Northernlight03 Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing!! It just shows it can be done and def looks worth it
  • GenElizabeth
    Options
    avila463 wrote: »
    Wow... Great job.... Maybe you can share some tips with me. How did you stay motivated? What was harder for you at the beginning eating clean or exercising? I just started in April-beginning weight 192.8 and current weight is 175 my goal is 135. I will complete insanity in two weeks more. I think ill do a round of p90x next still not sure.

Thank you. I think the biggest thing that kept me motivated, is that I was finally ready and wanted to change. That's what I would fall back on during the struggles, thinking about why I wanted this. For me, getting out of the depression I was in, was enough to keep me going.

It was easy at first to improve my diet because I was so enthused about it and the changes I was seeing so quickly. It got harder though as time went on.. I would get bored with certain foods or the losses would slow down quite a bit. I knew that I had to keep going, even though I wasn't going to be perfect.

I wish you the best, you got this!! Just keep it interesting and fun. :wink:
  • GenElizabeth
    edited June 2015
    Options
    And thanks so much everyone! :blush: I have another update also by the way! Lol :tongue:

I just started my very own, first YouTube channel! It will be fitness related (of course!) and just another way for me to tell my story, hopefully helping to motivate others who may see it there, as well.

I hope that you guys subscribe, as I will try to post a new video once a week! It could be on any topic: weight loss, muscle gain, body recomposition, food, exercises, my experiences, etc., but the most important thing is that there's purpose to these videos. I would love to start answering the common questions I receive from people here, in video form. It's more personable and it will help aid me in overcoming my shyness!

Check it out, I had a ton of fun making the first video but they are going to need work for sure. This is all new to me, so bear with me as I learn. Thanks guys and hopefully I'll see you over there! :heart:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcleAGgBB_MHpF9Uyyx6K_Q
  • Allterrain_Lady
    Allterrain_Lady Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Those legs of yours are to die for!! Seriously, awesome job. You're an inspiration!
  • tiffcare2014
    tiffcare2014 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Birder155
    Birder155 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Your results really show off all of your consistent, hard work. Wonderful!
    If there is ever a need for a Natalie Wood look-a-like, run to the audition. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!