From a size 20 to a size 8 with strength training, in one year! PICS!

Options

Replies

• ryoung664
    ryoung664 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!! Great job!!
  • rhiannonarmstrong31
    rhiannonarmstrong31 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    May I ask what your fat and muscle percentages are.?
  • AmyWebb2
    AmyWebb2 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Wow! To achieve that in one year is incredible. Great!!!!
  • honorthecolors
    honorthecolors Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Good job beautiful!
  • carimiller7391
    carimiller7391 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Thank you so very much for sharing your story here. I've heard different peoples points of views over the years of how much to lift. You are proof positive that I can start where I wanted to and reach my goal the same way you did. At this point in time, the gym is a bit intimidating, but I can do whatever I want in the privacy of my own home. Thanks for showing me that.

Congratulations on the new addition to your family. Your son is absolutely adorable.
  • debrahbeger
    debrahbeger Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You look great!!!!
  • MarietjieHoward
    MarietjieHoward Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Juanibear wrote: »
    Hello MFPers!

I am 33 years old and 5'3". I started this difficult journey in Jan of 2014 at 205lbs and I had JUST hit a size 20!!! In Dec 2014, I got down to a size 8 and around 135lbs! I feel great and am loving who I am becoming now! I'm learning a TON and meeting a lot of great people in the process.

I came across MFP in June of last year. I have kept a moderate calorie deficit pretty consistently (500 or so each day), with my carbs and protein around 100g each while lifting weights regularly (in my home with my own collected equipment), 5-6 times/week. I didn't do much cardio, as I don't enjoy it. I do run on occasion though. I feel empowered now and I absolutely LOVE strength training! Planning to take new progress pics at the end o

f June so I'm looking forward to that. :)

Here is my story so far on realbodiesrealresults.com. Feel free to check it out! :blush:
    realbodiesrealresults.com/gen.html

Best wishes to you all, anything is possible if you don't give up! :heart:

fdfm4zk13syy.jpg

ofn9eb5b3li7.jpg

3thg10dkzn4h.jpg

mcs7xhgcpcti.jpg

jrkoda9hxmgh.png
    dum6683wmsay.jpg

I can't wait until I lose my weight like you I have 120 lbs to lose..... So far dropped 9lbs... The hard part it's my husband likes to go eat out alot,

Great job, it is amazing how much you achieved, you are an inspiration!!!
    Would you mind sharing your routine, I have only just started with strength training about a month ago, and would like to do more.

• mattreadfx
    mattreadfx Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    wow
    just wow
  • simon0000
    simon0000 Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Awesome work...
  • GenElizabeth
    GenElizabeth Posts: 291 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Morning MFPers! Here are some simple, basic things you can do to help you beat your food cravings! What has helped you guys?? I'd love to hear them. Hope you all have a great weekend. More videos and info to come! :smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xyI7x9Nk6I
  • RandiNoelle
    RandiNoelle Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING! I'm about to start a strength training program and your post is so inspiring!
  • Tara4boys
    Tara4boys Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    OMG!!!! My start stats are nearly identical to yours. My jaw dropped! I have had this nagging in my head that I need to do more strength training and then I read all 22 pages of your story! WOW!!!! What an inspiration!!!
  • GenElizabeth
    Options
    Tara4boys wrote: »
    OMG!!!! My start stats are nearly identical to yours. My jaw dropped! I have had this nagging in my head that I need to do more strength training and then I read all 22 pages of your story! WOW!!!! What an inspiration!!!

That's awesome! I hope you do start, you'll love it! And thanks so much!!
  • dakota341
    dakota341 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    WOW thanks for the inspiration!! You look amazing.
  • lauraemily84
    lauraemily84 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Nice! I have similar stats to you, but your legs are bangin'

Amazing!!! Well done you look incredible x
  • hjaye1275
    hjaye1275 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!
  • GenElizabeth
    Options
    Appreciate it ladies, thank you! :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!