Looking to lose 100+ pounds... the healthy way!

Options

Replies

• Remoth
    Remoth Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. Thought I would start posting here. After the morning weigh in, I'm officially down 16.4 lbs in 60 days. Not quite as fast as I would like, but without any exercise I'm still happy with the results. Still have 200+ to go, but things are going great! I'm going to start taking progress pictures of myself at every 20 lb interval holding something that weighs the amount I've lost. Should be a good motivator. Maybe I'll post my first picture late next week or so.
  • trailgirl777
    trailgirl777 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    congrats on your success!
  • Jinx_Mo
    Jinx_Mo Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, Remoth! I have done both weight loss with and without exercise, and both work, so do what makes you keep going. 80% of the process is what goes in your mouth ;) keep up the hard work!
  • Jinx_Mo
    Options
    Wow, I don't remember this thread being so quiet!!! Where is everyone? I'd there a super hot thread out there that I don't know about?
  • trailgirl777
    trailgirl777 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm here!
  • modacielo73
    modacielo73 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Here!!!...I've been having a bit of a rough start trying to get back on track but i'm not going anywhere :wink:
  • runiechica
    runiechica Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I totally feel you!! I've yo-yo-ed with progress and I want to make changes that can last forever. Good luck!!
  • fun2love
    fun2love Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Me too...not quite understanding how these conversations work or how to make friends and follow them. Hello to everyone ;)
  • Jinx_Mo
    Options
    Yay! I'm not alone here! Glad there are voices out there and others fighting the good fight. I'm working on getting back on plan. I'm doing really well with the eating plan, with dumb slips, but the gym is my struggle... As in I NEVER get there...
  • kristieshannon
    kristieshannon Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I was disheartened to step on the scale a couple days back and see that I've regained 75 of the 80 lbs I lost a couple years ago. I'm back at it. I've got a new Fitbit to track my activity, am back to vigilantly weighing, measuring, and tracking every little thing that goes in my mouth, am drinking my water, and starting to increase activity. I'd love to connect with some people in a similar situation for motivation and support!
  • bcedl1982
    bcedl1982 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I got a fitbit charge 2 weeks ago, but am still trying to make the 10,000 step goal. :/ I think there is a way for us to "find" each other on fitbit & participate in challenges together. Gotta be honest - I'll need to ask one of my kids how to do this, lol, unless someone on this thread can help. :)
  • mrsw2801
    mrsw2801 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar situation, lost 63lb 4 years ago for my wedding Iv put it all back on and more, now need to loose close to 100lb, will add you X
  • Heidy1992
    Heidy1992 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as I am in the same boat
  • workathomemama
    workathomemama Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I was disheartened to step on the scale a couple days back and see that I've regained 75 of the 80 lbs I lost a couple years ago. I'm back at it. I've got a new Fitbit to track my activity, am back to vigilantly weighing, measuring, and tracking every little thing that goes in my mouth, am drinking my water, and starting to increase activity. I'd love to connect with some people in a similar situation for motivation and support!

I feel the same way. I exercised my button off and ate clean for a year. Only lost 30 lbs. Wanted to lose at least 80 lbs. Last year, I gained back 15 :(

I just started on the keto diet. So far it hasn't affected my exercise routine. Makes me feel full and I'm not tired all the time. I've lost 5 lbs in 2 weeks. I've read it's probably all water. I'm taking things one day at a time.
  • Jinx_Mo
    Options
    I was disheartened to step on the scale a couple days back and see that I've regained 75 of the 80 lbs I lost a couple years ago. I'm back at it.

At least you're brave enough to get on the scale! I've been dodging that thing for about a month now. I don't think I can handle the truth yet.
  • ptkat28
    ptkat28 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! I am still here too!!! I am trying my best to log everyday, but it is normally around 11 pm everynight. I am working a lot of nights now. I really did not blow it too bad during the holidays, maybe gained 3-5 lbs, and have since lost those and 2 more!! I FINALLY got below 150 lbs and am wearing a size 8 or 10!! I still want to lose at least 25 more, but know that it is gonna be slow going! Need to get a garmin or a fitbit!! Glad to see that everyone is still here and know that I am also on facebook if anyone needs to chat!!! Have a wonderful day!!!
  • Remoth
    Remoth Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Thanks Mischelm!

I know what it's like to gain back what you lost too. Few years ago, I lost 60 pounds in 3-4 months, was working out 3 times a week. Things were great! Then my dad passed and I lost all control and just didn't care what I did. I don't want to use it as an excuse, but it did happen at the same time and I'm sure it was a contributing factor. 2 months ago, I was at my heaviest of 40 lbs more than before I started 3 years ago. But things are looking up again and I'm back at it for good this time!

11 weeks in and I'm down 24 lbs with no extra exercise. Still planning on doing the progress picture with weights thing, just haven't got to it. How did everyone do for superbowl day? The amount of calories consumed in the states in that day is probably crazy! I'm in Canada, so it's not as big a deal here. We had a nice elk stew and veggies. Nothing big.
  • Jinx_Mo
    Options
    ptkat28 wrote: »
    I really did not blow it too bad during the holidays, maybe gained 3-5 lbs, and have since lost those and 2 more!! I FINALLY got below 150 lbs and am wearing a size 8 or 10!! I still want to lose at least 25 more, but know that it is gonna be slow going!

I'm SOOOO glad to hear that one of the early group stuck with it and succeeded!!! That's awesome ptkat! So happy for your success and am taking serious inspiration from you. It was less that a year ago that I was here starting the fight and now I'm back to try again and see you almost at goal. I'm going to be you next year, the success story trying to motivate someone else.
  • Jinx_Mo
    Options
    Oh Remoth, don't mention super bowl! Some genius showed up at my house with hot cheese & rotel dip and freshly cooked tortilla chips. Does anyone here know how many MILLIONS of calories are in freshly fried tortilla chips? Trust me, just say NO to them!! LOL. But, that slip aside, I think I'm doing alright so far. Eventually I'll get back in the gym too, but right now I just want to lock down this eating thing.
  • ptkat28
    ptkat28 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    MischelM wrote: »
    ptkat28 wrote: »
    I really did not blow it too bad during the holidays, maybe gained 3-5 lbs, and have since lost those and 2 more!! I FINALLY got below 150 lbs and am wearing a size 8 or 10!! I still want to lose at least 25 more, but know that it is gonna be slow going!

I'm SOOOO glad to hear that one of the early group stuck with it and succeeded!!! That's awesome ptkat! So happy for your success and am taking serious inspiration from you. It was less that a year ago that I was here starting the fight and now I'm back to try again and see you almost at goal. I'm going to be you next year, the success story trying to motivate someone else.

Thanks MischelM!!! I am still hanging in there!!! These last 20-25 HAVE to go!!! I hate winter!!! I feel so UNMOTIVATED!!! Am ready for some warm temps here! But working has also slowed down my exercise routines! Got to get in there and get this done!!! Glad you are still here and keeping you in my thoughts!!!