Can't live without Ice Cream

Options
So I'm factoring it in to my daily calories. Do any of you do this also?

Replies

• Equus5374
    Equus5374 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Oh yes!!!
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    Nightly. And we usually have two kinds. If I can get away with two servings, I'll do that but I usually have room for just one, which isn't much but it's enough! :)
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    You could live without ice cream you wanted or needed to. But it's nice that you don't, huh?

I rarely eat it unless it's Summer and hot out. And even then it's not a regular thing.
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Just a while ago I had chocolate-y banana nice cream for the first time! Pretty good, would recommend.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    All the time!
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    I'll have a dark chocolate Klondike bar two or three times a week. They fit in my calorie goals and I like them. When out, dessert is often had within goals (sometimes without ;-) ).
  • bclarke1990
    bclarke1990 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Tell all those starving 70 lbs children in Africa that you CAN'T live without ice cream :P
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    My favorites are the skinny cow ice cream sandwiches they have mint and peanut butter and they're amazing! 300 cals
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    You could, but why would you WANT to?

And truthfully, would it be really living?
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    Me too! And pizza once a week. :)
  • brightresolve
    brightresolve Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I gained back some weight on nightly frozen-treat with my SO after we moved in together -- so for right now I am trying to break my "but I must have a frozen treat!" habit.

But once I feel like I don't HAVE to, but can CHOOSE to, 120 cals for 1/2 c of Roxy's Fancy Pash fro yo goes back on my plan. So yes, why not?
  • SeeEmilyShrink
    SeeEmilyShrink Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    The awesome thing is, you don't HAVE to live without ice cream! It's all about balance and moderation! I would suggest allowing yourself one cheat meal and one cheat snack a week. This helps keep you motivated to stick to your calorie and eating goals the rest of the week! Your cheat snack could be a serving of ice cream or even a sundae. Also, there are plenty of healthier options you could incorporate as snacks, such as frozen yogurt, Skinny Cow ice cream treats, or frozen fruit bars. Also, have you ever heard of Nice Cream?! That is what I do now when I get a craving for ice cream! It's awesome! It's made out of a frozen banana. That's it! You cut it up and put it in the freezer overnight. The next day, put it in a food processor. It takes a little while, but if you keep chopping it and blending it up, it will get to the consistency of frozen yogurt. Once it gets to that consistency, you can add in a Tablespoon of peanut butter and a little honey, some berries, some cocoa powder, or even dark chocolate chips! Then, you blend it for a couple more seconds. Take it out, put it in a container, and stick it in the freezer for an hour to two. It is then the same consistency of ice cream, and you can scoop it out and enjoy! I love how much you can customize it, and it's super low cal and so much healthier and lower in fat than traditional ice cream!
  • giraffe_draft
    giraffe_draft Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Me too! And pizza once a week. :)

"Pizza goes straight to your muscles". LOL
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    So I'm factoring it in to my daily calories. Do any of you do this also?

Yes, but not daily. I get the Arctic Zero ice cream (I found it at Whole Foods) and it has protein in it too!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    The awesome thing is, you don't HAVE to live without ice cream! It's all about balance and moderation! I would suggest allowing yourself one cheat meal and one cheat snack a week. This helps keep you motivated to stick to your calorie and eating goals the rest of the week! Your cheat snack could be a serving of ice cream or even a sundae. Also, there are plenty of healthier options you could incorporate as snacks, such as frozen yogurt, Skinny Cow ice cream treats, or frozen fruit bars. Also, have you ever heard of Nice Cream?! That is what I do now when I get a craving for ice cream! It's awesome! It's made out of a frozen banana. That's it! You cut it up and put it in the freezer overnight. The next day, put it in a food processor. It takes a little while, but if you keep chopping it and blending it up, it will get to the consistency of frozen yogurt. Once it gets to that consistency, you can add in a Tablespoon of peanut butter and a little honey, some berries, some cocoa powder, or even dark chocolate chips! Then, you blend it for a couple more seconds. Take it out, put it in a container, and stick it in the freezer for an hour to two. It is then the same consistency of ice cream, and you can scoop it out and enjoy! I love how much you can customize it, and it's super low cal and so much healthier and lower in fat than traditional ice cream!

Doesn't "nice cream" have about the same calories as ice cream? I hear this suggestion all the time, but I don't think it is a low calorie alternative to ice cream.
  • rstephens1215
    rstephens1215 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Mini Twix Ice Cream Bars are 90 calories a piece and I eat one basically every night :smile: It's just enough
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options

Doesn't "nice cream" have about the same calories as ice cream? I hear this suggestion all the time, but I don't think it is a low calorie alternative to ice cream.

Also if you add honey it's not "nice cream" anymore. :D But yeah, don't do it for the calories, do it for the enjoyment!
  • shanegan160
    shanegan160 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I switched to Orange sherbet, its a few less calories than icecream which allows me to have that little bit more to stay within my calories
  • trjjoy
    trjjoy Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I would suggest allowing yourself one cheat meal and one cheat snack a week.

ONE cheat snack a week? Say whatttttt? There's no need to be that restrictive. Have treats whenever you can when it fits into your daily/weekly calorie goals.
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options

This sounds like too much aerobics.