5'-5'2" girls! what's your goal weight and body fat %?

Options

Replies

• Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I'm just about 5 feet tall and maintain around 120-125. I would love to be 110ish, but last time I was 112 (the one year of my life) I was really tiny - wearing kids' size 10-12, so it may be out of the question. My 8 year old wears that!
  • semcadam
    semcadam Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and just weighed in at 112 this morning. The last time I had body fat calculations done, I was at 21.3%. I would really like to reduce that some more. My goal is anywhere from 100-110. I have a very small frame, so it definitely does not look too thin on me.
  • csillabrimer978
    csillabrimer978 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1; was 169 lb , now I am 117 lb and my goal is between 110-113lb

I have small frame. My belly just started disappearing after I got under 120, lovin' it!

• SJBanks89
    SJBanks89 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I am 5" and currently am at 144.2 pounds Ideally like to be 112 pounds. I worked out my body fat is 29% Can I ask how long it took everyone to get to their goal weight? what calories you are on? I have only started in Jan so I do understand it takes time and dedication. I think I am losing about a pound a week which is healthy so I think I will be around my goal weight in about half a year.
  • waterbyrde
    waterbyrde Posts: 30 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    BMI and body fat percentage aren't the same thing. BMI isn't stated in percents.

http://www.webmd.com/diet/body-fat-measurement

Edited to add: Oops - I didn't see there were more pages to this conversation that covered this. I didn't want the confusion to propagate.
  • lizchristine
    lizchristine Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2 and I would like to be between 130 and 135. I lift weights so I don't mind some muscle mass. I am not sure what my body fat is, though. Anyone able to recommend a reliable way to check? I am not sure my scale is reliable.
  • meganmoore112
    meganmoore112 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and 143-144 pounds. My body fat is somewhere in the low 30s. I don't know exactly because I've never had it accurately tested. My goal weight is around 120 and low 20s body fat, but sometimes it feels like I'll never get there. I've tried so many times and can manage to get to about 136 and then I lose focus and gain.

The big difference this time is that I joined a gym so I could start lifting. I've never tried weight training while cutting calories, so I'm hoping it makes a difference.
  • pickgo
    pickgo Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Just started. Current weight 228. My first goal is 203 because I think I'll lose a lot of the negative effects on my health at that weight. My body fat is 49% which was a big shock :* My ultimate goal is 140.

Would really like some friends, if anyone has roughly half their body weight to lose!
  • brinehart1
    brinehart1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    i'm 5' 1/2", 20 yrs old. and currently weigh 158. with a 27% body fat.

i would like to get my weight down to around 145 and my bf% to 20.
    what are your goals? i feel like my goals are set at much higher numbers than most girl's my height.

• brinehart1
    brinehart1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am 51 and I think 140 is good for me but I am almost 60 and have 50 pds to lose
  • kaylasaurus
    kaylasaurus Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1, 96lb with 17% bf. Maintaining right now.
  • jenovatrix
    jenovatrix Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    5'1", 175 now, looking for 140 (to start, might go lower, it depends). No idea what my fat percentage is, last time I had it checked was a couple years ago.
  • camogirlxxx
    camogirlxxx Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' with a BMI of 29% which is considered overweight (So I seen a dr) They told me by the measurements of my body, I am actually not as overweight as it said. He told me BMI calculators are just a starting point to help you reach your potential body weight and keep yourself at a certain weight range. For an accurate BMI you must use the calculators that use measurements. I'm trying to get down to 109 lbs. -The lowest healthy weight for someone my size. I'm more concerned with how toned I am and how my body looks than the actual weight to be honest! 109 is just my goal so I'm motivated to lose fat. :smiley:
  • MommaMonkeyNgo
    MommaMonkeyNgo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    5"2'
    Current: 157Lb BF%29
    Goal: 120Lb BF% under 20
  • Bubbalovegettinghealthy
    Options
    I'm 5,2 my ultimate goal weight of life is 140 150 I never wanted to be really skinny like 115 to 120 pounds or be in a size 0 I just want to be at a normal weight and feel more confident and be healthy:)
  • lsmathteacher
    lsmathteacher Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" 40 years old. Goal weight is 143 this was set by my trainer. I thought I wanted to be 115-120 lbs but trainer said no said I would have to put on body fat to get there. Did not understand when I was above 200 lb but I understand now as I don't look as heavy as the scale says. I am currently 138 lbs. my body fat is 29% right now with a goal of 23%. I currently wear a small in shirts and size 8 in pants
  • Numberwang22
    Numberwang22 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    dewsmom78 wrote: »
    I'm 35 and 5'2. Current weight is 136 and 26% body fat. I would like to get down to 20-23%. Don't really care what I weigh at that point.

I'm almost your stats twin! I'm half inch taller, ahem a little older, 137 and 24% body fat. I would like to get down to about 126lbs.
  • alisfitgoal
    alisfitgoal Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and am 144 currently. Would like to be under 135. At my fittest was 125 and quite lean at that weight... No idea what my BF% is but I am quite muscular.
  • xmistidawnx
    xmistidawnx Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    crazy how different womens bodies are! I'm 30. 5'2. 125lbs. 27in waist 36hip. 22% body fat done with the calipers (16% by those scales you stand )
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I'm 28 and 5'1. I currently weigh 133.9 (started at 160) and my goal is 125-128.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!