Nice Cream

Options

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Nicecreams cruelty free! Also, ince it's made of fruit it's surely more healthy than processed ice cream from the tub?

It depends on how you define "healthy." Processing doesn't automatically make a food bad -- I rather like the processing that gives us coconut milk from coconuts so we can enjoy coconut milk ice cream. Yes, it has fat -- but we do need some fat in our diets. And it has carbohydrates . . . but so does the banana.
  • mean_and_lean
    mean_and_lean Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Nicecreams cruelty free! Also, ince it's made of fruit it's surely more healthy than processed ice cream from the tub?

Why, because it doesn't contain milk? There's nothing wrong with drinking cows milk.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

Why, because it doesn't contain milk? There's nothing wrong with drinking cows milk.

The user name of the person you're responding to suggests they're vegan -- vegans have an ethical objection to animal suffering and exploitation, including that which takes place when milk is produced.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    AJ_G wrote: »
    I'm with you I love ice cream but I love the healthier version of nice cream it's just easier for me right now but no doubt I will enjoy some unbelievable Ben & Jerry's in the future,

STOP

lol

Cherry Garcia, New York Super Fudge Chunk, Strawberry Cheesecake, Chocolate Fudge Brownie, Boston Cream Pie, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough and the list goes on ....and we must not forget the retired flavors: Georgia Peach, White Russian, Wild Main Blueberry and my favorite>Holy Cannoli.

I think what they meant by, "STOP" is, stop saying it's healthier/low calorie, because it's not.

Don't you just love the people here? 95% are amazing! The remaining 5 %. Ignore.

So, ignore accurate information and anything that conflicts with what you want to hear? Right :D
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    First off, doubtful it's better than B&J... That's just LOL.

Secondly, there are WAY better ice cream brands out there that make B&J look like a joke.

Step your ice cream game up.
  • Melmo1988
    Melmo1988 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I make this with just frozen banana and I love to add a bit of PB or even better, frozen cherries. So good.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

Secondly, there are WAY better ice cream brands out there that make B&J look like a joke.

DSC_2585.JPG
  • Melmo1988
    Options

Everyone has different tastes. If the op thinks it is as good as B&J, thengreat. Doesn't mean it will be for everyone else.
  • mean_and_lean
    mean_and_lean Posts: 164 Member
    Options

The ice cream I make myself is way better than B&J.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

DSC_2585.JPG

Good choice!
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options

DSC_2585.JPG

I still have never had that :'(

I saw it on the Target shelf and almost bought it, but decided to wait until my next shopping trip. That was right before they had their recall, and I haven't seen it on the shelf since...

Story of my life...
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options

DSC_2585.JPG

Oh muh gawd... Jeni's.

SO glad I live in Columbus, OH where the actual storefronts are located.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    We have a storefront close to my place, just across the street from my L stop.
  • LolBroScience
    Options
    Melmo1988 wrote: »

Everyone has different tastes. If the op thinks it is as good as B&J, thengreat. Doesn't mean it will be for everyone else.

No.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,986 Member
    Options
    Nice cream's cruelty free! Also, since it's made of fruit it's surely more healthy than processed ice cream from the tub?

I take it you are not familiar with Willet Dairy in Locke, NY, or other factory dairy farms?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,986 Member
    Options
    Last week I saw so many people mention a healthy version of ice cream, called nice cream. I was skeptical I thought no way would it be delicious.bbOh my gosh! As satisfying as Ben & Jerry's. And so easy to make and so healthy! I just placed an organic frozen banana in my food processor and added a fourth a cup of almond milk, and then I added a very light touch of nutmeg, and for a taste of chocolate chip, I added s teaspoon of organic cocoa nibs and for more of a little more Sweet, I added a half tablespoon of the most delicious brown sugar I have ever tasted, Organic Brow Sugar. I was shocked! I am a gorrmet cook and have never made this before. As satisfying and as smooth consistency as the creamy in Ben and Jerrys. I'm hooked. Half the calories and delicious. Next time I will be substituting walnuts for the chocolate nibs.

How many calories was this?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Last week I saw so many people mention a healthy version of ice cream, called nice cream. I was skeptical I thought no way would it be delicious.bbOh my gosh! As satisfying as Ben & Jerry's. And so easy to make and so healthy! I just placed an organic frozen banana in my food processor and added a fourth a cup of almond milk, and then I added a very light touch of nutmeg, and for a taste of chocolate chip, I added s teaspoon of organic cocoa nibs and for more of a little more Sweet, I added a half tablespoon of the most delicious brown sugar I have ever tasted, Organic Brow Sugar. I was shocked! I am a gorrmet cook and have never made this before. As satisfying and as smooth consistency as the creamy in Ben and Jerrys. I'm hooked. Half the calories and delicious. Next time I will be substituting walnuts for the chocolate nibs.

I would like to know this too. I'd be interested in seeing a side by side comparison of calories and macro's.
  • Melmo1988
    Options

No.

Why not?
    For example, I am vegan. I love meatless versions of some dishes that I used to eat. I made it for my family and they didn't like it as much as I did. Different people have different tastes.
  • Melmo1988
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

About 90-100 calories for a banana, there is about 20-25 calories in the 1/4 almond milk (depending on if it is sweetened or not, if not its less) I don't know how many calories in the 1/2 tbsp sugar or cacao nibs but probably not much. So I think this dessert comes to about 150 calories.
  • LolBroScience
    Options

No.

Why not?
    For example, I am vegan. I love meatless versions of some dishes that I used to eat. I made it for my family and they didn't like it as much as I did. Different people have different tastes.

It's like people who eat Cauliflower pizza claiming it's better than Chicago Style Deep Dish, or other REAL pizza.