Fit for Fall Challenge - 6/20 - 9/05

Options

Replies

• islander22
    islander22 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm new to MFP and hoping you don't mind me joining your group! I've been up and down weight wise a lot over the last few years and it is time to get my weight and health under control before it's "too late." A lot of the woomen in my family have Type 2 diabetes and I would really like to get a handle on my weight and what I am putting into my mouth to try to avoid that.

CW: 196
    GW: 180

Goals:
    1) Lose 16 pounds by 9/5
    2) go from a size 16 to a size 12/14
    3) USE my gym membership instead of just paying to have a cute tag on my keys! ;) My goal is to go to the gym at least 3 times per week.
    4) Track everything that goes into my mouth... If I bite it, I write it!
  • jpkenned
    jpkenned Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Checking in...

CW: 156.6
    GW: 135

I want to do my best to stick to this challenge! this week my goal is to really work out every day! i'm not goign to obsess over the scale but hit the gym each day and hopefully see a result next monday!

Good luck everyone!
  • Ohiopugmom
    Ohiopugmom Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    yay! I am excited to join the challenge!

CW = 136
    GW by 9/5 = 125

NSV -
    Get rid of the baby belly!
    run a 10 min mile on the treadmill
    finish 30DS (today is day 10)
    <12 oz pop per day.....
  • Tereztaylor07
    Options
    I have been trying to find a challenge to join for a few months now, and I keep missing the start dates. Yay I found one on the day it's starting lol!

CW-192.4
    End of challenge-175 (17.4 lbs lost)

My NSV is going to be size large (not x-large) tops . Also, to see my collar bones! Not to look like a skeleton, but just to be able to see them.
  • techteachergirl
    techteachergirl Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Checking In....

CW: 232.8
    GW: 220.0
    Goal is to lose 12.8 pounds

NSV - 1. Use food diary daily
    2. Exercise a minimum of 4 days a week
    3. Give up soda and up my water intake
  • Kerrieb67
    Kerrieb67 Posts: 5
    Options
    Check In

CW 196.4
    GW (by 9/05) 180
    NSV Back in Last years swimsuit by 9/5

Thanks for starting this. I really need to get going on this.
    I am committing to Water Water Water and at least 300 minutes a week of cardio.
  • meghanspuppy
    Options
    Good morning - checking in!

CW: 161.5

GW: 140

NSV goals: to be down 1 (or 2, even better) pants size
    track everything I eat every day
    no night eating/bingeing
    start strength training again. Last summer, I had beautifully toned arms. This summer so far - mush :ohwell:

Good luck everyone!
  • jadashute08
    jadashute08 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    CW- 322
    GW-297 (25lbs I really hope I can do it)

NSV- To be able to wear a dress that I have had since 2007. I am almost there!!!!
  • Sealgirl
    Sealgirl Posts: 7
    Options
    Hey everyone! Been looking at the message boards but never saw a challenge before. I just happened to see this one on the day it started and it seems like a great idea!

CW: 165.8
    GW: 150 (16 pounds)

NSV: Go down a clothing size (or two!)
    Be able to run instead of walk around my usual path
    Drink little to no sodas
  • beckey24
    beckey24 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Ok..needed this as two of my challenges are coming to an end and this will help keep me in check.

CW: 285
    GW: 260

NSV Goals- Be able to wear the clothes that my mom bought for me the last time I lost weight sizes 22-24.
  • anbuckmaster
    anbuckmaster Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Oh I forgot to list one of my goals....I'd really like to get the courage to go to some of the classes offered at my gym. I'm really intimidated by them but i need to just bite the bullet and go :ohwell:
  • Sofitness
    Sofitness Posts: 54
    Options
    Hi all! This sounds good :-)

CW: 114.5 lbs (52 kg)
    Body Fat %: about 21%

GW: pretty much whatever, but aiming between 100 - 108 lbs
    Goal BF%: around 15%

NSV Goals:
    - Run 10k
    - 100 push-ups
    - to eat 8 servings of vegetables daily
    - to walk my dog 3 times each day
    - to spend max of 2 hours on PC daily
    - use mostly bike or walking, exclude cars, buses, subway... as much as I can
    - to take sport lessons regularly
    - to do a handstand
    - to eat clean because that's the only way I want to eat
    - to include sport in my daily routine, to make it as obvious as brushing teeth
    - learn hula hoop and do it when I watch TV
    - to go to gym 5 times weekly
    - to run every morning, rain or shine, unless my body seriously needs rest
    - to be happier and to avoid grumpy moods
    - to ged rid of procrastination
  • Tissues
    Tissues Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Oh Monday ;)

okay i'm giving myself both a goal weight and NSV goal...

Midsummer Meltdown really pushed me into high gear, I'm nearing goal, but I'm also adjusting my initial "GW" for myself.

I'm going to try and lose 8lbs by 9/5.

CW: 143.6
    GW: 135.6

NSV's I have a few...
    1. I'm NOT going to get on the scale more than 2x/week. I'll check in on Mondays (weigh in day), and probably somewhere at the end of each week (like Friday) so see how i'm progressing or if I'm holding water weight. I seriously obsess over the scale..so I'm starting here.

2. flatten my tummy. Its the one part of me I don't like.. I can't seem to shed it no matter what I do, so I will be doing mad focus on abs.

3. Focus more on overall health and eating. While I do well in this department on a daily basis, I overly splurge 1-2 days a week (which causes my anxiety over the scale).

4. Drink less Alcohol. Currently I have a "Fun Night" idk.. every other weekend :wink: I'm going to try to bring that down to once a month because Alcohol dehydrates me badly.
  • mrmarler
    mrmarler Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I am in!

CW 168.6
    GW 158.6 on 09.01.2011

NSV: Wearing a tiny bikini on my cruise
    Running a 10k before the end of the year

This week goals:
    1. Hit the weight Room T-W-T
    2. Run T-Fri AM
    3. Come close to my calorie goals although even with working out I have having a very hard time only intaking 1390 calories
  • juniperrose
    Options
    Hello! I love this Challenge. This will be my first one on MFP. My CW is 130.5, and goal for this challenge is 119 by 9/5/11. I must believe that I can lose 11 lbs in 11 weeks. My non weight goals include to eat more veggies, less frozen meals, and less salt/processed foods. More whole foods and prepared foods. ALSO, daily exercise. That is the real goal.

Thank you for posting this gift of a challenge! We can do this!!!

Dorene:heart:
  • KatheryneH13
    KatheryneH13 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    This challenge is going to be great. I'm very excited!

CW: 253
    GW: 225 - First day of my senior year in college.
    My goal is to lose 28lbs. Its a bit ambitious, but even 20lbs would be amazing.

NSV: Getting down to a size 16 in pants.
  • Cusegirl1992
    Cusegirl1992 Posts: 124
    Options
    I am so excited about this challenge!

CW: 149
    GW: 139

NSV: attaining at least 3 days of exercise during the summer.
    This weeks goals:
    --not to eat past 9pm.
    --adding 30 sit-ups to the workout routine.
  • pikachu324
    pikachu324 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Checking in!

Cw: 143
    Gw:125

NSV's

1. Fit in to my birthday dress from a year and a half ago.
    2. Start putting together a fabulous wardrobe for my wedding and honeymoon in Dec! :)
  • jessicamarie81
    jessicamarie81 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    CW: 161
    GW: 150

I feel like I'm "stuck" ranging between 159-161 for weeks and weeks. This challenge couldn't come at a better time. My b-day is Sept. 4th when this challenge is almost over and my goal for months has been 150 by then so I'm going to DO IT.
    My NSVs:

~not obsess over the scale so much, I've been driving myself crazy because I feel stuck at this weight. Only going to weigh in 2X a week like Tissues said...I'm right there with you on that gal.
    ~eat more fruits and veggies, and "whole" foods...that is something I really need to work on and make time to do.
    ~Workout once a day for at least 30 minutes...this is something I've been slacking on for the past month.
    ~Up my cals on high workout calorie burn days...I think I'm eating too little but then other times I feel like I'm eating too much, I really need to figure this cal thing out.
    ~Try not to eat past 8 PM...seems like I'm always snacking on something after that.

Good luck to everyone and I hope you stay with us, this is a great group of gals that I've been in past challenges with and you won't find a better group!
  • Majbdrake
    Majbdrake Posts: 69
    Options
    I easily made the daily water intake but had already done my workout prior to your posting about the ankle weights. I'm in Afghanistan so I'm pouring the water in me everyday to counter the heat so my water count is about double what you are asking for to stay properly hydrated. I'll start adding a 16oz bottle of water in each of my hand for added weight when I run in the future.

Bruce