WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2016

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Heather: Thanks for the idea of going into another part of the house to practice Spanish aloud. That is exactly what I plan to do next because DH is upstairs napping & I know I won't bother him. :flowerforyou:
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    <3
  • oceanmelody
    oceanmelody Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Heather, that was me recommending Trollhunter. Fair warning that it is not everyone's cup of tea but it will be good for Norwegian culture. There was a really fascinating book I read about the Nordic countries with their similarities and differences--I will try to track down the title.
    Michele, so glad you had backup on the Skype! It is a slow process but now that Bryan seems commited to it you might have a shot at a breakthrough.
    Mia, sorry about the class scheduling problem--I notice that at the local Y too. Not enough variety in the evenings and weekends.
    Sylvia, you are truly an inspiration!
    Well I seem to be eating more lately but also exercising more. Still too nervous to get on the scale...
    Betty
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,969 Member
    Options
    :)DJ, you look fabulous :) thanks for sharing the photo
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Katla - ouch!

Janetr & Lillian - hahahahahahaha re: the mustache and reprieve for the end of the world!

Lenora - so proud of you for continuing and succeeding on your journey even while struggling with difficulties where others may have thrown in the towel! <3

Miriam so glad to see you back - prayers for both mental and physical healing. <3

Welcome back to those who have been missing and to all the Newbies. It's always great to see old and new faces!

To those of you lucky enough to travel - as Gene Autry used to sing "Happy trails to you - until we meet again!"

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,969 Member
    Options
    2157045gp85zev8ri.gif
    Strong Lifts with dumbbells
    sumo squats 5X5 @ 44 lbs
    deadlift 5X5 @ 46 lbs
    overhead press 5X5 @ 30 lbs
    calf raise 5X5 @ 26 lbs
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,650 Member
    Options
    :)
  • oceanmelody
    oceanmelody Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Heather, the book is The almost nearly perfect people, by Michael Booth, 2015.
    Betty
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,379 Member
    Options
    After all that diahhrea yesterday I was pretty wiped out so instead of the Jari Love DVD I did a Tony Little express DVD which is only 1/2 hr. I did have to stop halfway thru and go to the bathroom. the plan for tomorrow is to do a Kathe Friedrich to the Max DVD

Heather - I never thought of Google Translate! So sorry about your tooth

Terri in Milwaukee - my stomach feels much better, thanks. Vince said that his stomach is a bit upset today. Personally, I think he's a bit of a worrywort. The only thing was that I was REAL tired.

Welcome everyone new

Carol - I haven't had a seizure in YEARS. It's been well controlled with medication. Maybe my body is changing and over tthe years I've built up a tolerance. Vince wants to put off the FL trip until tomorrow

DJ - for diahrrhea don't they recommend the BRATTY diet -- bananas, rice, applesauce, tea, toast and yogurt?

Kim - I agree, I'm thinking the reason Bryan didn't want Vince there was because he knew that he could bamboozle me but not Vince so much. Vince is a lot like Bryan (or like Bryan was) very logical. Was I ever go glad to have Vince there! I just said that I thought it only fair that the therapist meet BOTH Bryan's parents, not just me. Also, there were somethings that I really don't know about videoconferencing, Vince did it all the time at work. Vince did mention the fact of "how can we move on, the past is the past" but there's still a part of me that wants the therapist to know that the things Bryan wrote in that letter were really convoluted.

Vicki - so glad you decided to post and not lurk. Boy, you sure have had a lot on your plate! Vent all you need

Lenora - Bryan lives on the Island of Reunion. Don't worry if you've never heard of it, I hadn't until he went there. It's in the Indian Ocean, near Madagascar. It's a province of France (like Puerto Rico is to us) so that's why everything was in French. Yes, this no driving is a PITA, but I now that it's something that needs to be done. We need to know that the Lamictal works. Can't wait for Aug 2 to get here! With Vince putting back going to FL another day, it sort-of makes it difficult for me. I need to have something for dinner, and clothes!

Becca - you have such a wonderful friend! I thought WW dues were more than $3/month.

Michele in NC
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Gloria, I have been here, just not very talkative. This winter I struggled with depression November through January. My mood started getting better in February (which is usually my WORST month- go figure). I started the month off working really hard at getting more exercise and activity in, and logging all my food. I was really hurting in the joints from doing more. And after two weeks I stepped on the scale and I had GAINED! So I got major discouraged. My weight fluctuates so much from day to day that it could have been water retention, not remembering to take my diuretic, or who knows what. But it was discouraging. Then I got a nasty cold on Friday that I am struggling with. So I just haven't felt very chatty.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    Strong Lifts with dumbbells
    sumo squats 5X5 @ 44 lbs
    deadlift 5X5 @ 46 lbs
    overhead press 5X5 @ 30 lbs
    calf raise 5X5 @ 26 lbs

Great job! You are doing awesome!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,661 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:
    ride hm 2 gym- 11.33min, 15.4amph, 151mhr, 2.9mi = 130c
    spin- 35min, 90ar, 105aw, 10-15g 148mhr, 15.5mi = 313c
    ride gym 2 dome- 6.39min, 12.9amph, 148mhr 1.4mi = 89c
    ride dome 2 hm- 17.10min, 9.1amph, 149mhr, 2.6mi = 188c
    total cal 720
  • tryingtolive1
    tryingtolive1 Posts: 245 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Good evening ladies.

Glad to hear some of you are feeling a little better. Always tough to stick to a goal when you don't feel well.

Exermom props for trying even when you don't feel 100%. More motivated than I would be.

Barbiecat nice workout.

Silvia you have been in my thoughts and prayers.

Katla glad you feel good about your new doctor. I left my previous doctor because I felt he never listened. Have a great doc now. Feel like she actually cares about my health.

Have a great night or day if you are getting up soon.

Anne from Wisconsin
  • pipcd34
    Options
    yeay to barbicat and fanncy !!! get on with yo bad weight lifting selves!!
  • tryingtolive1
    tryingtolive1 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    afy1m66we311.jpg

Apparently she is ready for bed. I am still packing for my cruise. The walk must have tuckered her out.

Anne from Wisconsin
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,321 Member
    Options
    Betty - Takk! I've just bought it on Kindle. :flowerforyou:

We've been watching a series on rail travel in the US. The presenter has an old Appleton guide and started off in NY, ending at Niagra Falls. He's been through Buffalo and Washington DC and is currently in Mount Vernon. All very fascinating. It's every night at 6.30. :D<3

I've also been watching loads of programmes on China, both historical and modern. I know a great deal more than I did. :bigsmile: I'm wondering if I can drag DH out there. :ohwell: The way this usually works is that I mention it casually and plant a tiny seed then gradually let him get his head around the idea. It takes him a while, but he often manages to wrap his head around it. But just adding it to my bucket list for now. >:)

Scored a victory today. The cover I bought for my new tablet in October has chipped at the bottom edge and wasn't holding the tablet. I went back on Amazon and found the order and complained by email and sent a photo. They have just replied that they are sending me a new one! Result! It wasn't expensive, but it was the principle. :D

Not sleeping. Over excited about the kids coming. Will do some calming focus exercises.

Love Heather UK
  • pipcd34
    Options
    wl8ve4kbucqw.jpeg

Nite peeps from the squirt aka yogurt aka yogi
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    <3
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Katla - which med were you taking for acid reflux? I also heard recently that some of these type meds have been linked to kidney problems - however I will not stop taking mine without consultation with my doctor. When I was finally diagnosed with acid reflux they found Barrett's Esophagus which is a precursor to cancer. Thankfully the next time I had a scope done there was no sign of it anymore. For that reason I was told that I would need to take this med for the rest of my life. I don't believe any trials that are discussed in the media anymore because sometimes the trials and results they tell us about are not reliable. In other words they have not been done in a way that will determine a true unbiased outcome. BTW I take Prilosec.