Quest bars - protein bars: What is your opinion on this product?

Options
13»

Replies

• vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I tried one based on this thread; here's my "review". I bought the white chocolate and raspberry version.

Pros: excellent taste, better than other protein bars I've tried (they blow the hideous Clif bars away); provides good quantities of fiber and protein.

Cons: like many protein bars I've tried, has the consistency of modeling clay; has a bit of a chalky or grainy mouth feel when you're eating it; overly sweet for my taste, to the point of being cloying; a lingering sweet aftertaste in the mouth (I think that's the monk fruit).

I'll probably try another flavor or two to see how they compare. If you like *really* sweet things, you might like these. If you like your sweet treats more toned down, this might be a bit much for you (as they are for me).
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I love them for a snack through the day.
  • gettingto65
    gettingto65 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I LOVE them! The cookies and cream is so delicious and they fill me up a lot. I'm trying to increase my protein intake and they help a lot with that too. The cookie dough one tastes like complete and utter garbage though xx
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    I like them, but just recently decided to stop buying them and eat more real food that doesn't have the artificial sweeteners. Some of them do have an aftertaste.
  • TuffChixRule
    TuffChixRule Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Quest bars are horrible in my opinion. They have a weird flavor and aftertaste. I really like Larabars. They come in a variety of flavors, are made from all natural ingredients and have no artificial colors, flavors or sweeteners. Larabars are vegan, gluten free, soy free and kosher.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Quest bars are horrible in my opinion. They have a weird flavor and aftertaste. I really like Larabars. They come in a variety of flavors, are made from all natural ingredients and have no artificial colors, flavors or sweeteners. Larabars are vegan, gluten free, soy free and kosher.

And have half the protein or less as a Quest bar on average, so if you're eating a protein bar for the protein they're not a top choice.