Hundred Pushups Challenge for 2009! (January)

Options

Replies

• mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,697 Member
    Options
    Great job everybody!
    Forpar, I have to do my push ups before a work out, or I won't make it through. You did good, especially after working out to BL!
    Well, I messed up today but I fixed it. I got through what I thought was set 3 and thought, "Man, I'm breezing through this today!" Then I realized I had skipped levels 2, 4 and 6! I did those sets and moved on to set 7. I barely made it to 45 on the end! I threw in an extra one just to say I did more than the minimum but it was pretty weak.
    I'll test this weekend but I am pretty sure I will just do week 5 Level 2 over again next week.
    MM
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Tired mama here-- day from hell, but just got some pushups in--

Week four, day three--
    9-- not good-- should be 20. I gave it all I got, Captain.
  • Forpar
    Forpar Posts: 23
    Options
    Let's keep it up everybody!
    Week 3 day 2:
    20 - should have been 25 but the sun was in my eyes.
  • Marla64
    Options
    20 - should have been 25 but the sun was in my eyes.

LOL!!:laugh:
  • Wynnie
    Wynnie Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Ugh! I'm just finishing week 2, and it's starting to get pretty challenging. (hmm... maybe why it's called a "challenge"? :tongue: ). Anyway - I wonder if it would be too wussy of me to say I'll go as far as 50 doing the real pushups and then switch to knee -pushups?
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    You can do this challenge however you want to. But you may be surprised when you get to fifty and find you want to keep going. :wink:
    Everyone's doing great! Keep it up!
    I was going to test this weekend, but I was lazy. Oh well, I knew I was going to repeat week 5 level 2 anyway. So I will see you all tomorrow after I get them done!
    MM
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Way to go, everyone! I tested yesteday (88!) and am getting back on a MWF schedule, I think - unless I decide to start day 1 of week 6 again tonight. Actually, Sunday-Tuesday-Thursday might be better, since I usually go to aerobics on Mondays and Wednesdays... alright, I'll go ahead and do them tonight. You guys talked me into it! :tongue:
  • cp005e
    Options
    OK - Week 6, Day 1, Level 3 (AGAIN!):

1: 45
    2: 55
    3: 35
    4: 30
    5: 61 (min 55)

Man, why is this not getting any easier? Day 1 kicks my butt every time! :angry: Oh well - I made it through. Maybe this will be my week! :laugh:

Keep it up, everybody!

Edited to add: Last week I managed 70 on that last set - this week only 61! What the heck?!?
  • Marla64
    Options
    okay-- guidance, please-- I just did my test following week 4-- I could only manage 28. Granted it's 12:30 in the morning-- but still. Should I go back to week 4, and all the way to week 3 and use the greater than 25 column?

Your thoughts?
  • FloridaGranny
    FloridaGranny Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I think I'm having a melt down - over exercising.........Yesterday, I did week 1, day 3 and just barely eked out the required ones. Today I'm going to start all over and do day 1, week 1, level 2.....

Just did them again & it wasn't any easier. I am determined to to full form, so, I'll just keep repeating each week until I feel I can move forward............

I've had to cut back on daily exercising; I'm toasted. Will try to maintain instead of increase.....
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    You are all amazing! I love reading that you're all out there taking on this challenge. It inspires me to keep going. Especially on Mondays. They are the hardest for me.

Marla, I would maybe repeat the the week you are on. I did that with week 1or 2 I can't remember now. And I will do that again if I need to. It's about working up to getting stronger.

Today was week 4, day 1, level 1
    at least 16 and I thought that last one would be the end of me!

I'm wondering if I should try to do them at the beginning of my workout rather than the end. For Par & MM, I think you both talked about it. Let me know if it's easier.

Hope everyone has a good Monday!
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Marla I would repeat the week you are on. I had to repeat every week after 2 or 3 I think. To get up to 80 I was on like week 21 of the program. Ha ha!
    I did week 5 day 1 level 2. OW!
    43 (min35)
    I didn't think I was going to make it. Granted I'm probably not getting very low. I'll get back into it a I get my strength back. Everyone is doing great!
    Oh and Keiko, I do find it easier (though not easy) to do before the work out. Get a little warm up in first and then start. :smile:
    MM
  • cp005e
    Options
    Ah, Marla - the dreaded week 4->week 5 transition! Yep, I repeated week 4 - I think I actually repeated it two or three times before finally moving on to week 5. Hang in there - you are doing great! :flowerforyou:
  • Forpar
    Forpar Posts: 23
    Options
    Hey cp005e, what about dreaded week3?

My first week (Week 3, Day 3, Column 3) results:
    20 max (should be 28)

I'm thinking about repeating Week 3, Day 3 until I'm able to max at more than 28 rather than starting from Day 1... but I'm open to persuasion ... even derision.
  • Wynnie
    Wynnie Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Marla, you worry me a little.... do you just not sleep?... or do you belong to the legions of the undead, and don't need to??!

JK - you sure have some crazy hours for putting in the push-ups, but it's great you're doing it!

I was encouraged to see that lots of people were repeating weeks, and that that's OK. I was starting to think I would have to switchs to knee-push-ups, but I'll try the week repeats instead of degrading the form! Tks!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Marla has NINE kids & works from home. 12:30am is when she has to do a lot of stuff. LOL

I haven't been posting here, but I am doing my pushups. I did week 5, level 2 last week & I'm repeating it. I completed it fine, but I would like to improve before I move on to level 6. here we go!
  • cp005e
    Options
    Hey cp005e, what about dreaded week3?

My first week (Week 3, Day 3, Column 3) results:
    20 max (should be 28)

I'm thinking about repeating Week 3, Day 3 until I'm able to max at more than 28 rather than starting from Day 1... but I'm open to persuasion ... even derision.

No derision from me! :wink: If you got through the first 2 days OK but are just having trouble with day 3, you can try just repeating that day. Or you could repeat the whole week, or even back down to level 2. Considering you got to start on week 3 due to a strong initial test - you're still ahead of the game either way!

3BB - week 5?! Way to go! That is awesome. :drinker:
  • Marla64
    Options
    Marla has NINE kids & works from home. 12:30am is when she has to do a lot of stuff. LOL

I haven't been posting here, but I am doing my pushups. I did week 5, level 2 last week & I'm repeating it. I completed it fine, but I would like to improve before I move on to level 6. here we go!

Yeah-- what she said. :smile:

Today I'll do week 4, level-- ummm-- not sure, yet. I did 28 pushups in my test, so maybe I'll bump up to level two and see-- I'll let y'all know.

Have a great day!!
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    My trainer encouraged me to do proper form push ups only. She was QUITE disapproving when I asked her if wall push ups or modified 'girl' pushups were a good way to build up to a proper push up.

What she taught me was if you can't lower your chest properly to the floor the way to 'work into' a proper push up is by taking proper push up form and just bending your arms as much as you can. So that's how I'm doing the 100 push up challenge. I was doing SO WELL last week but today I got down there and literally could not do even one tiny bendy push up. :frown:

I don't know what's going on but my arms feel like jelly... *sigh* I wish I had a Jillian to scream at me and make me do it all sobbing and puking over myself but doing it... as it is I gave up and decided to try again tomorrow instead.
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    After talking on here the other day I switched up when I did mine to see if it was easier. It was! I did my treadmill, pushups, situps, then did my weights. It was harder doing the weights today! But all is good, I got it all done.
    I'm on week 4, day 2, level 1
    at least 18 and I managed 20.

I'm still going with I'm a girl and I'm doing girl push ups! When I finish the challenge I might start over with the regular ones. But I feel I'm still building strength this way.
    Maybe your trainer knows that you are stong enough to do the regular ones. Me I know I am not, at least not yet:wink: