5'3" & 124 pounds..anyone else trying to lose fat?

Replies

• Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    CeeBeeSlim wrote: »
    Yeah same here. I had to stop my 6 day a week routine due to a knee injury. Lost my last five pounds. My trainer claimed that I was wearing out my body - had home stress and was stressing out my body with so much exercise that my cortisol levels may have been high and my body was just holding on to everything. I dunno if that was true, but something fell in line. Until the holidays 2015...that is... :s

You just lost water weight that was all.
  • Brigit32
    Brigit32 Posts: 14 Member
    edited February 2016
    Nikkimaxim wrote: »
    I'm 5'3" and currently weigh 124 pounds. I would love to lose some body fat, yet maintain the muscle that I do have. Do any other ladies, around similar stats, have the same goals? If so, let's be friends:) what are you doing that is working so far? ?

I'm 5'1 and 126 pounds I want to lose three to five pounds of fat and gain three pounds of muscle. I do everything Barre, Pilates, Weights, Dance Cardio, Yoga and live an active lifestyle. I joined yesterday and this is my first time food journaling. I'm not good at counting calories but I really want to rock my bikini this summer.

Feel free to send friends request. Anyone else can add me too!

@ninerbuff Congrats on passing the ACE Fitness exam. Last year I ordered the books and the amount of knowledge in the books was overwhelming. I sent them back. One day I'd like to teach Barre Conditioning but I need an easier certification to pass. The ACE stuff was so over my head.
  • Nikkimaxim
    Nikkimaxim Posts: 221 Member
    edited February 2016
    It's so simple. Just eat a small deficit, make sure you're getting 100g + protein and lift to preserve the muscle.
    I've under eaten 100 cals a day for 30 odd days and I'm down a pound. In pure fat. I look totally different at 130lb than I do at 132.
    When I hit 128lb I'll again look totally different, that will be April.

What are your calories and macros percentages set to? I've been heavy lifting over a month now and cardio 3 days a week. Im up half a pound but down over an inch on my belly. Abs are starting to come through. I've just recently started logging almost 3 weeks ago off and on. Im set at about 1550 calories with 40%protein, 30 carb and 30 fat..and I've been eating whatever i want 1-2 days each week for my sanity.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,261 Member
    @Nikkimaxim - you mind sharing your lifting heavy routine?
  • Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    How many calories are you eating daily? I'm really trying to be patient, but my trainer says expect the scale to go up temporarily since I'm eating more and working out more. She better be right because I was 131.2 and now 135. Clothes are looser but that number on scale is causing some anxiety. If I can't take it, I may go back to 1200 and try my hardest to maintain it. Ugh!!!

@CeeBeeSlim I think 1200 is too low. I went from 124 to 117 lifting + cardio with calories at 1450. I'm also 5"2. I tried 1250 but couldn't maintain that low level with heavy lifts.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    @Talan79 - how long did it take you to lose those 7 pounds? I'm sure I'm being both impatient and too obsessed with scale weight. I wouldn't feel so bad if there was a slow loss instead of a slight rise. It's messing with my head! :s I plan on "visiting" the free weight section of the gym tomorrow and downloaded strong lifts but feel kind of awkward doing it alone, following my phone for instructions. I'll get over it!
  • Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    @CeeBeeSlim It was 8 weeks. I was super strict. No cheat meals, no alcohol. I had a lifting program design written for my by a trainer. She is also a competitor body builder who was a trainer at my gym. Coaching gets expensive so I only did two months. But for the first time since I was 18 (now 36) I got under 120 pounds.
    It took me two years to get into the weight room by my self. I knew that it was the only way to lean out. Just do it. You start seeing definition and feel like a beast lol. I love lifting. And I love lifting alone.
    Be patient. Don't get obsessed with the scale. I have issues in that department as well. It's hard to overcome. But once you see changes, the number doesn't matter as much.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    @Talan79 - thanks so much! I'm inspired and gee whiz, just took a look at your biceps! Way to go! Ok. Will start my lifting tomorrow. I still have a session or two left with my trainer so maybe I can ask her to design a lifting program I can do on my own. She's more yogi than body builder. I'll psyche myself up and wear my black workout pants with pictures of skulls and chains on them and leave my pink leggings with the daisies and bunnies at home. :D
  • babybellyfat
    babybellyfat Posts: 1,102 Member
    edited February 2016
    I'm 4,8 and I want to loose the muffin top but gain muscle!
  • jass553
    jass553 Posts: 20 Member
    I'm 5'3" and currently weigh 124 pounds. I would love to lose some body fat, yet maintain the muscle that I do have. Do any other ladies, around similar stats, have the same goals? If so, let's be friends:) what are you doing that is working so far? ?

I am looking to loose fat and gain muscle
  • hazleyes81
    hazleyes81 Posts: 296 Member
    I'm 5'4". I have a six pack and good overall muscle definition (slightly more than bikini level) at 127, estimated 16%bf. Do you know your bf% so you can tailor your goals and training?
  • linmc0109
    linmc0109 Posts: 7 Member
    How are you all maintaining 12-1400 calorie intake. What are you all eating? I'm 5'3 and just lost 6lbs so I'm down to 156 now. I'm at 1800 intake but I don't seem to go over 1500. That's with 3meals and 3 snacks. How do you lose fat? Helppppp lol. I don't want to go down to 130s. I'm ok with the weight just want to be more toned muscle than flabby fat
  • CeeBeeSlim
    @linmc0109 - I feel I do ok on 12-1400. Today for instance I had eggs, bacon, a burger... I watch my portions, don't eat many carbs, had tuna sandwich. I limit my food intake from about 11am to 8 or 9pm.
  • Naley2322
    Naley2322 Posts: 181 Member

Yeah same here. I had to stop my 6 day a week routine due to a knee injury. Lost my last five pounds. My trainer claimed that I was wearing out my body - had home stress and was stressing out my body with so much exercise that my cortisol levels may have been high and my body was just holding on to everything. I dunno if that was true, but something fell in line. Until the holidays 2015...that is... :s

You just lost water weight that was all.

well if it was water weight its been off for several years...
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited February 2016
    It's so simple. Just eat a small deficit, make sure you're getting 100g + protein and lift to preserve the muscle.
    I've under eaten 100 cals a day for 30 odd days and I'm down a pound. In pure fat. I look totally different at 130lb than I do at 132.
    When I hit 128lb I'll again look totally different, that will be April.

What are your calories and macros percentages set to? I've been heavy lifting over a month now and cardio 3 days a week. Im up half a pound but down over an inch on my belly. Abs are starting to come through. I've just recently started logging almost 3 weeks ago off and on. Im set at about 1550 calories with 40%protein, 30 carb and 30 fat..and I've been eating whatever i want 1-2 days each week for my sanity.

I don't use percentages as I change my calories everyday to suit my activity level.
    I have a base of 1750 (or 1650 on a cut), then I eat back my exercise cals (600 ph for my fast runs, 400 for cycling, etc)
    I try for 100g of protein (.8g per lb of body weight) and the rest carbs and some fat, I tend to be lower fat and higher carb in the first half of the day and higher fat and lower carb as I head towards night, particularly as I ramp up my workouts for triathlon training.
  • KJHunter13
    KJHunter13 Posts: 15 Member
    I'm in this height and weight range, too. My goal is to lose about 7 pounds in a non-torturous, sustainable way. One challenge for me is that my body seems to like being this current size when my work load is heavy (I coach acrobatics and am a better spotter when I'm big). Ugh. In all other realms of my life, this weight does not feel good. Glad to get tips and hear similar stories!
  • QueenE1803
    QueenE1803 Posts: 31 Member
    I love this post! I'm 5ft2in. Currently 132.2 on my home scale. Was maintaining at 125 for a long time and felt really great. Birth control pill changes, new job and less working out has caused me to gain and I'm not happy about it at all. Getting back on track now, I'm typically a runner and throw in crunches, that's what worked for me before. But yesterday I joined a body shred class at my gym 3x's/week for 6wks. I'm really excited to see how it will change my body. I need to lose and get toned. I've been debating my goal... A toned 120 sounds good. Dreams of 110-115, but idk if I could do it. Oh and counting calories on mfp, 1200 goal... I def need some friends on here so feel free to add me!!!
  • AlisonH729
    AlisonH729 Posts: 558 Member
    edited February 2016
    arditarose wrote: »
    Hmm...I'm 5'4" and tried to GET TO 124/125 to be lean enough for a bulk but couldn't pull it off and gave up. I can't imagine trying to get under that!

I feel you. On my 'wedding diet' last year I managed to get down to like 112. I started in January at 118, and ate at a slight deficit (1400 cals/day @ 5'2) and lifted at home. I lost at the excruciatingly slow rate of a ~pound a month. We got married at the end of September.

After things settled down I rejoined the gym. I wanted to start a bulk but my BF% was still too high. I started lifting heavy and loosened up on my diet anyway, and I'm up to 120. I don't think any of that is actual muscle gain though but I'm getting strong and I feel good about that.

So in March/April I'll probably tighten up my diet again and see what happens. It's all a process of trial and error anyway.
  • KristiMMM
    KristiMMM Posts: 51 Member
    5 1 & 1/2" here (when you are this short the half inch counts). My lowest was 125, 7 years ago when I first started running and watching what I eat. I slowly crept back up to 140 over the past 7 years. I think it has to in part to how my body has gotten used to running and Im not burning calories like I used to when I first started. I also became less and less focused on nutrition over the years and obvi that's a factor. I don't do much strength (one weights class a week), but I might start incorporating that in more and see if the weight will come down...
  • bryannapena398
    bryannapena398 Posts: 13 Member
    I'm 5'2" and weighing 132...this is the heaviest I've ever been and my goal weight is 120. Calories are at 1200 per day.