How to stop looking so far into the future?

Options
13»

Replies

• Lov3lif3
    Lov3lif3 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I have a lot to lose too so I do feel your pain but those lbs add up, do some walking too and try mixing your diet up on a few days with lower carb foods I always found slimming world red days really helped as they were lower carb and I lost more in those weeks.
  • Fitnin6280
    Fitnin6280 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Honestly I try to look back instead of forward. You've already started and you can look at that as success... Remember that's 27 less than you weighed just two months ago...
  • Nachise
    Nachise Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, and best of luck on your journey to a new way of life!

Set an immediate goal, such as logging your food and exercise for today. Repeat. Once a week, add something new, such as adding a new healthy food, a new addition to your exercise regimen, or learning how to prepare healthier meals. You did not gain all this weight overnight. You won't and shouldn't lose it this way.

I would recommend finding a good nutritionist, because there are times you are going to come to a stall. Mine has helped me so much by helping me tweak my meals and exercise, and setting up new challenges.

You can do this!
  • cbihatt
    cbihatt Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    If I were in your place, I would probably not weigh myself every week. Forget about the number on the scale. I would put the focus more on other things, as everyone else has said. Pick a goal and work to achieve it. It doesn't have to be a big thing. It could be as simple as logging every day for a month, no matter what. When you reach that goal, you pick a new one. Achieving goals you have set for yourself is a huge confidence booster. When you know you can achieve something, you are more likely to keep trying. It's like built in motivation to keep working toward the next goal.
  • cattfield7
    cattfield7 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this. I'm feeling the same way these last few days. I find myself day dreaming about being thin, and doing more. I forget how much better I already feel. I've lost 15 lbs and feel healthier and happier than I ever have most days. Surely there are things you're feeling at this point too- try focusing on those victories rather than on where you're not. Congratulations on your progress so far! Just keep on keeping on.. You'll get there!
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    Options
    It helped me to remember that if I quit then I was never going to get to goal. And yes, setting smaller goals. I needed to lose roughly half my body weight, started at 329 lbs. I thought it would take me 18 months, it didn't. Life happened and it took longer but hey, I decided not to quit. I set myself goals of losing 5 kg at a time (roughly 12 lbs) and that's what I did. It all adds up and now I'm at maintenance.