are you about 5'5'' what's your goal? any before/after?

Options

Replies

• fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I am surprised so many people have such low goal weights. I have a really small build but I know I would look very thin at 125 lbs, too thin for my liking, I think.
  • astovey
    astovey Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Maybe if it were possible for me...but I would look very thin at that weight. I'm currently 151...maybe I'l just "big boned." I do have a larger frame. Do whatever feels best for you, and good luck!
  • LaurieEReid
    LaurieEReid Posts: 273
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and currently at 150 # and a US size 10. Given that I started at about 180, a lot of people have noticed the difference and if I tell them that I would like to lose another 20, they tell me no. But that is more or less in the middle of the healthy BMI range and I'd like to be more than one doughnut away from diabetes.

Even in my mid 20's, I looked sick when I weighed less than 120. 125 is probably unrealistic for me at this point (almost 50 years old) and I don't want to have to maintain wardrobes at a lot of different weights.

Oddly, my 25 year old jeans that are a size 8 are smaller than the ones that I just bought (as a motivator) at size 6.
  • catjellycat
    Options
    Yeah, I'm 5'5.5 and I am aiming for 160lb. My thinnest ever was 140 and I was all nose and chin..
  • HoLLyZ82
    HoLLyZ82 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    i am also 5'5". my goal weight is set for 125 BUT everyone carries their weight differently. you can see by peoples pictures here. at my heaviest i weighed 162 and im now at 139lbs. so these are somewhat older .

fatty.jpg
    fatty1.jpg
    buff3-2.jpg
    DR6.jpg
  • spankywife
    spankywife Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and my goal is 125. It's nice to see so many others with the same goals. Good luck everyone!
  • chridow
    chridow Posts: 178
    Options
    Wow, I was really surprised to see so many 125 goals and it got me thinking that perhaps I needed to have the same goal. My goal is to get to 140-150 and hover in that range. I think anything less than 140 will not look right on me personally. Maybe it just depends on your frame/build. I have a somewhat thick frame.

exactly! i know with my frame, i'm pretty solid, or "compact", as my mom's friend says. so even if i lose a little it's pretty noticeable. i think if you don't carry extra weight well then a lower goal weight might be what's needed. i personally think i'll carry 140-145 quite nicely without feeling too skinny.
  • ruststar
    ruststar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and my goal weight is 145-150 (down from 200). The best shape I have ever been in was when I was in the Army and I weighed 150 at the time. I'm curious to see what the 140's look like, but I don't I'll go any lower.
  • Katymom22
    Katymom22 Posts: 121
    Options
    thanks everyone...maybe i should hover about 130 the more i get thinking about it my body may need to shred some more fat but i am vey thin in my face and collar bones...here is my before and after/during
    iii.jpg

l_864dd3bd41bb44209747a2f09572a60a.jpg

after/during
    probationgraduation124.jpg

probationgraduation155.jpg
  • duckpond11
    duckpond11 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    My plan is to get to 145 and then focus on body fat percentage rather than weight. The weight will wind up where it needs to be if my body fat is correct.
  • candysh0p
    candysh0p Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4, I currently weigh around 125-130lbs. I've set my goal on MFP to lose 30lbs just to have something to aim for, but I really just want to burn fat and build some muscle. I don't really care about what happens to the number as long as I'm looking better.
  • UNCTarHeelGirl
    Options
    Hey! I'm currently 5'5" and weigh about 150. My goal is 128 (I want to keep some of the curves). :tongue: I felt healthy and strong at that weight and didn't look too skinny. I remember actually preferring my body to some of the skinnier women I'd see at the pool. It's all about how comfortable and confident you feel about yourself, so don't worry so much about the number. The BMI calculator puts me right in the middle of the healthy range at that 128, so the mid-120s may be the way to go. Good luck to everyone. :smile:
  • thin4life67
    thin4life67 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about what other people think. You have to be comfortable and able to maintain the weight. People use to tell me that I look anorexic and I said, "no, you have always known me fat". Remember it's all about you!!
  • ashley_jorah
    ashley_jorah Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and my goal is 120-125. But since I'm already well into the healthy range, I don't care so much about the number and care more about my "size".
    I'll stop losing once my thighs/butt fit into the same size clothes as my waist. If I gain muscle and the scale goes up, it wouldn't bother me. I just want to look and feel healthy.
    You need to do what looks/feels good for you. You don't have to choose right now either.
  • WWH_AJ
    WWH_AJ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and have set my goal at 145 right now. I don't think I was ever 125. I think I was 100 and then skipped to like 130, lol. I want to see how I look and feel at 145 because I haven't been that skinny in years. Afterwards, I think I'll try for maybe 130. It all depends on your body type.
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    My plan is to get to 145 and then focus on body fat percentage rather than weight. The weight will wind up where it needs to be if my body fat is correct.
    ^^^ This is the same thing I'm doing.
  • JMCade
    JMCade Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'5" and my goal is set to 120. I started out at 135 on mfp. I'm almost 38 and have had 2 kids. I'm at 121 now. It is totally do-able!! You go girl!
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and 154 currently. I have a goal of 150. I've already lost enough tatas and I'm scared to lose my butt too so I'm gonna stop while I'm ahead.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and weigh 153 (down from 185 when I joined). My original goal was 135, but my body has changed a great deal the last 15 pounds. I am a solid size 6, tight 4, right now. I don't know that I would like how I look if I were to lose another 18 pounds. I can see my abs, have solid thighs and my biceps are starting to show. I'm seriously considering changing my focus from weight loss to body transformation. I have a week of maintenance calories coming up (July 1), and will re-evaluate my goals after that.
  • Hollycat
    Hollycat Posts: 372
    Options
    I'm 5'5.5". I think I still looked fat at 150. I have a large frame, but I still had a tummy back then. I started gaining weight at around age 12, so I don't have any real past reference to rely on. I think when I get to around my goal weight of 150, I'll start thinking more about BF% than the number on the scale. My sister-in-law is about the same height and weighs 150, but she is incredibly fit and is solid muscle and looks fantastic. When you're within 10% of your goal, BF% seems to matter more than the scale number.

Hollycat
    :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!