Options
    You people are not the boss of me!
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    OK now I'm really confused. I don't wear Vibrams, capris, or skorts. I don't jig about at red lights, but that's usually because I'm clinging to the lamppost trying not to barf. However, I do wear shorts over my compression pants. So am I a real runner or not?

difficult..

have you ever worn a tutu at a race?

No one over 21 should wear a tutu or clothes with words on the butt.

<shrug> the dancer in me says otherwise ;)

Nothing wrong with wearing a tutu...... WHILE DANCING.

What if I'm doing a run dance sort of thing? Like prancersizing?
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    gx3an8lpasaz.jpg
    Don't tell my 5 year old he's not a real runner because he wore his Iron Man costume.
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    OK now I'm really confused. I don't wear Vibrams, capris, or skorts. I don't jig about at red lights, but that's usually because I'm clinging to the lamppost trying not to barf. However, I do wear shorts over my compression pants. So am I a real runner or not?

difficult..

I'm doing the Hot Chocolate 15km in Vegas this weekend in full tutu and galaxy-printed tights. Come at me, I dare ya ;)

Vegas! I'll be doing the Blood, Sweat and Beers trail marathon this weekend. I see your race is on Sunday. I'll see how I feel after mine on Saturday. I haven't run one of those Hot Chocolate races, yet. I see they don't accept race day registration, but I should know before the expo is over whether or not I could be up to a 5k in the morning... I don't even know you, but you're a bad influence.
    Let me know if you do it!

I'll be basing my self-worth as a runner on my decision. That's the right way to do it, isn't it?
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options

difficult..

So, if I'm on a 5k dance?
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options

difficult..

What if I'm doing a run dance sort of thing? Like prancersizing?

Ask and I shall deliver.

prancercise-o.gif

• litsy3
    litsy3 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    FatMoojor wrote: »
    Unless you are running trails you aren't real runners. So doesn't matter if you stop or bounce at your red lights. None of you are real runners.

/argument settled

Aha! Because if we were REAL runners we wouldn't be at lights in the first place. Genius.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    moyer566 wrote: »
    do what you do but the joke

joggers+runners.png

Who knew there was a difference between "joggers" and "runners". I'm guessing the "joggers" are the "fakers"?

joggers are the ones that find dead bodies.

I'm a "jogger"! Gah. And my late night run took me yesterday by a place I found a body about a year ago. I still freak out a bit about it. (The dead body not the jogger label.)

• EvgeniZyntx
    Options

difficult..

Do you call cycling "cycling" or "cross training"?
  • mean_and_lean
    mean_and_lean Posts: 164 Member
    Options

Huh. I didn't know there was a dress code for those over the age of 21. Is it in a "Life Handbook" some where? As a 41 year old who wears shorts that have words on the butt as well as short skirts, dresses, leggings and a lot of other "young clothes" I must be breaking some sort of "rule".
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

difficult..

What if I call it biking?

Am I doing everything wrong?
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options

Huh. I didn't know there was a dress code for those over the age of 21. Is it in a "Life Handbook" some where? As a 41 year old who wears shorts that have words on the butt as well as short skirts, dresses, leggings and a lot of other "young clothes" I must be breaking some sort of "rule".

Well at very least you are not a runner.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options

Possibly still a runner, but definitely not someone who can infer humour.

After so many pages, I'm surprised all of those comments didn't give it away that there was really no need for feeling hurt or snarky quotes...
  • RUN_LIFT_EAT
    RUN_LIFT_EAT Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    tufel wrote: »
    You people are not the boss of me!

Thank goodness... I'd owe you some serious backpay otherwise!
  • peleroja
    Options

difficult..

Yes, it means you're neither a cyclist OR a runner ;)

I call it biking too, except if it's on the stationary bike at the gym, in which case I prefer "torture".
  • RUN_LIFT_EAT
    RUN_LIFT_EAT Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I thought "bikers" wore leather and chaps?
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »

After so many pages, I'm surprised all of those comments didn't give it away that there was really no need for feeling hurt or snarky quotes...

Maybe that poster's gotten some recent flack about their clothing choices.

She should come running with me. Some of my workout clothes are 20+ years old and still going strong (not kidding). Who knew 1990's Gap was actually producing some tough-as-nails stuff?

I'll make her look and feel good even if just by comparison.

Oh, and I'll run in place at stop signs too if that will help - no red lights where I run.
  • peleroja
    edited February 2016
    Options
    stealthq wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »

Maybe that poster's gotten some recent flack about their clothing choices.

She should come running with me. Some of my workout clothes are 20+ years old and still going strong (not kidding). Who knew 1990's Gap was actually producing some tough-as-nails stuff?

I'll make her look and feel good even if just by comparison.

Oh, and I'll run in place at stop signs too if that will help - no red lights where I run.

I wore fluoro pink leopard print tights for my half yesterday and matching shoes, so my running wardrobe isn't really ready for Fashion Week either.

qhgbuoc5n0aw.jpg
  • EvgeniZyntx
    Options

difficult..

This has been answered.

https://youtu.be/jnr19fc7zsA
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    IMHO wearing horrible running clothes is a right of passage. My fave running attire is my unicorn running tights. They are amazing!
    ETA: I am a "real" runner. I think.