Options

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    stealthq wrote: »
    No one over 21 should wear a tutu or clothes with words on the butt.

Huh. I didn't know there was a dress code for those over the age of 21. Is it in a "Life Handbook" some where? As a 41 year old who wears shorts that have words on the butt as well as short skirts, dresses, leggings and a lot of other "young clothes" I must be breaking some sort of "rule".

Well at very least you are not a runner.

Possibly still a runner, but definitely not someone who can infer humour.

After so many pages, I'm surprised all of those comments didn't give it away that there was really no need for feeling hurt or snarky quotes...

Maybe that poster's gotten some recent flack about their clothing choices.

She should come running with me. Some of my workout clothes are 20+ years old and still going strong (not kidding). Who knew 1990's Gap was actually producing some tough-as-nails stuff?

I'll make her look and feel good even if just by comparison.

Oh, and I'll run in place at stop signs too if that will help - no red lights where I run.

I wore fluoro pink leopard print tights for my half yesterday and matching shoes, so my running wardrobe isn't really ready for Fashion Week either.

qhgbuoc5n0aw.jpg

Running the hypo half makes you a BAMF!
  • hyg99
    hyg99 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I like to rug up when it's cold, which involves a snood covering my ears, extra one round my neck, gloves but if the sun is still out, I still have sunglasses on. My kids are mortified.. but it's okay as I run on the spot so definitely not a runner, although finally have a GPS watch!!
  • litsy3
    litsy3 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I stopped off on my run tonight to order a pizza. I'm not sure what that makes me.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    stealthq wrote: »
    No one over 21 should wear a tutu or clothes with words on the butt.

Huh. I didn't know there was a dress code for those over the age of 21. Is it in a "Life Handbook" some where? As a 41 year old who wears shorts that have words on the butt as well as short skirts, dresses, leggings and a lot of other "young clothes" I must be breaking some sort of "rule".

Well at very least you are not a runner.

Possibly still a runner, but definitely not someone who can infer humour.

After so many pages, I'm surprised all of those comments didn't give it away that there was really no need for feeling hurt or snarky quotes...

Maybe that poster's gotten some recent flack about their clothing choices.

She should come running with me. Some of my workout clothes are 20+ years old and still going strong (not kidding). Who knew 1990's Gap was actually producing some tough-as-nails stuff?

I'll make her look and feel good even if just by comparison.

Oh, and I'll run in place at stop signs too if that will help - no red lights where I run.

I wore fluoro pink leopard print tights for my half yesterday and matching shoes, so my running wardrobe isn't really ready for Fashion Week either.

qhgbuoc5n0aw.jpg

Running the hypo half makes you a BAMF!

I'll take that compliment after the 2km of bumpy ice the course loop made me cover four times. Yuck.
    litsy3 wrote: »
    I stopped off on my run tonight to order a pizza. I'm not sure what that makes me.

Awesome?
  • FatMoojor
    FatMoojor Posts: 483 Member
    Options

clever. I believe.
  • FatMoojor
    FatMoojor Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    FatMoojor wrote: »
    Unless you are running trails you aren't real runners. So doesn't matter if you stop or bounce at your red lights. None of you are real runners.

/argument settled

Aha! Because if we were REAL runners we wouldn't be at lights in the first place. Genius.

:)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

a legend! :laugh:
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    looking good is half the battle...

https://youtu.be/X-r-_ahZ62w
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Efficient?
  • litsy3
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »

Efficient?

That was the goal: run 6 miles; order pizza; run a couple more miles; eat pizza straight after running. I think it means I have to demote myself from SERIOUS RUNNER status though.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options

Efficient?

That was the goal: run 6 miles; order pizza; run a couple more miles; eat pizza straight after running. I think it means I have to demote myself from SERIOUS RUNNER status though.

I dunno. I think it's pretty darn awesome. Only made better if you'd picked up a six-pack of beers at the same time.

There is an annual 5k close to where I live and it is sponsored by the local pizza house. After the run there is a post-run pizza party with free pizza for all runners.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options

You should read Dean Karnazes 50/50......one of his favourite foods while running ultras is pizza!
  • litsy3
    Options

You should read Dean Karnazes 50/50......one of his favourite foods while running ultras is pizza!

Ah yes, but I've just seen BruinsGal's post above and it turns out I only have to run 5k to get pizza. :)
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Wait! So does this mean Dean Karnazes isn't a real runner??
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options

I'm told a real ultra runner is much different from a real road runner.

Real ultra runners have great big bushy beards, maximalist shoes, and are following OFM.
  • UnkyTimFU
    UnkyTimFU Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    i walk on the spot at lights when i go for power walks. I don't really have to worry about people thinking I'm weird or silly though cos that ship sailed quite a while ago now. If it doesn't hurt you or other people then do what you want and/or feel comfortable with.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options

I'm told a real ultra runner is much different from a real road runner.

Real ultra runners have great big bushy beards, maximalist shoes, and are following OFM.

I only get to a solid stubble, wear traditional shoes, and don't even know what OFM means. I guess this means I'll never be a real ultra runner :cry: Just as well, half of my races are on the road.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options

Efficient?

So you ran a couple of miles while you were waiting on the pizza? Did you run 6 miles back afterwards too?
  • xLyric
    xLyric Posts: 840 Member
    Options

Efficient?

I dunno. I think it's pretty darn awesome. Only made better if you'd picked up a six-pack of beers at the same time.

There is an annual 5k close to where I live and it is sponsored by the local pizza house. After the run there is a post-run pizza party with free pizza for all runners.

200_s.gif
  • brianlundlarsen
    brianlundlarsen Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    tifftaffy wrote: »
    And who the hell cares if you wear a shirt for a designated race (10K, marathon, whatever) or a t-shirt earned from a previous one? So sick of elitist attitudes.
    The only reason for that I can think of is running a race in a shirt you never tried before is generally a bad idea. I wouldn't want to run a longer race and then find out underway that a sewing is scratching me.