Dr oz

Options
Just wondering if anyone has tried the dr oz rapid weight loss diet?
How did you find it? How much weight did you lose?
And has it stayed off long term?

Replies

• I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Here's a tip: Anything that Dr. Oz endorses is crap and not worth your time.
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

Yup. He's a quack.

http://www.livescience.com/50621-dr-oz-should-resign-poll.html
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Honl, you don't need some celebrity endorsed, arbitrary diet which was designed to make money for a quack. The more 'faddy' a diet is, the less likely you are to succeed with it, and keep the weight off long term. Pop your stats into MFP, follow them. Forget Dr Oz and all that other crap. He's a shill who's sold out.
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options

/thread
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Do a search on here for Dr Oz and you'll have your answer to anything he sells.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options

Yup. He's a quack.

http://www.livescience.com/50621-dr-oz-should-resign-poll.html

What's sad is he's a very smart person and was a respected heart doctor. I have no idea why he started buying into the woo, but it's pretty much destroyed his scientific credibility.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    Options
    Dr. Oz will never be good as pizza.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options

I would love to agree with you but I love my Spoonk acupressure mat and I hear Dr Oz endorsed it at some point.

That said I would avoid any weight loss scheme endorsed by a TV star, including Oz.
  • Natalierae886
    Natalierae886 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I got told today from someone whos daughters been on it since january and lost 5 and half stone so thought id ask :)
  • OneHundredToLose
    OneHundredToLose Posts: 8,534 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz should be considered a criminal. He is scum of the highest order, and has completely sold out the oath he took to do no harm in return for the fast track to wealth and fame.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I got told today from someone whos daughters been on it since january and lost 5 and half stone so thought id ask :)

IF that's true, that's an absolutely ridiculous amount of weight to lose in that time and will include lean muscle mass along with fat. Not to mention looking like a deflated balloon. Fast doesn't necessarily mean good, and that does NOT sound good.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    That charlatan was under Senate investigation for pedaling bull *kitten* to the public...ultimately they just handed him his *kitten* with a good dress down as they couldn't find anything technically illegal...but if our politicians find him sheisty, well...that's sayin' something.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options

Either you misheard or you were lied to.

There's no way anyone could lose 77 lbs in less than 2 months, short of some sort of medical emergency or procedure.
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options

There's no way anyone could lose 77 lbs in less than 2 months, short of some sort of medical emergency or procedure.

Maybe it was the octomom and it was the combined weight.

• OneHundredToLose
    OneHundredToLose Posts: 8,534 Member
    Options

I know a guy who lost 50lbs in a single day! I mean, he was never the same after that car accident, but they did set him up with a nice wheelchair.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I run far, far away from anything that Dr. Oz endorses. How anyone can take him seriously is beyond me.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz is an idiot who will endorse anything to make a buck.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

Which January?

Ain't no bugger losing 77lb in 57 days

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    Is the daughter someone you have seen in real life before and after?

Also:
    IF that's true, that's an absolutely ridiculous amount of weight to lose in that time and will include lean muscle mass along with fat. Not to mention looking like a deflated balloon. Fast doesn't necessarily mean good, and that does NOT sound good.

• Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz will never be good as pizza.

+1