Options

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    wrote: »

Oprah, stop the flagging already...!!!

ETA: I wonder how her "shares" in weight watchers is doing?
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Looks like someone is on a flag-spree. Reminds me of another poster on the boards that has recently disappeared.

OP, you don't need to pay anyone to lose weight. Read the sticky posts at the top of the forums for excellent advice on how to get started, get a digital scale, weigh all your solids, measure all liquids and log accurately. You'll be fine :)
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Dr Oz, are you here flagging people?

Maybe it's Oprah doing the flagging. After all, she "created" Dr. Oz and unleashed him upon us.

[ETA:] Which begs another question - Oprah has Dr. Oz and all his magical miracle weight loss potions and diets at her beck and call - so why is she still obese?

She's no longer obese! Haven't you heard? Not only is she on WW, she now owns a good piece of WW!! I think that makes her thin by association.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/laurengensler/2015/10/19/weight-watchers-oprah-winfrey/#4d2a7a587b3b
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,754 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Has anyone mentioned that Dr Oz is a quack?

b2agwlpz2jki.png

"That's a wise quack" Horse Feathers (gotta love the Marx Bros)
    The duck, that is, not Dr. Oz.
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    My 15 ducks don't quack as much as he does
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,754 Member
    Options
    Neither do the ducks at the duck pond at my condo complex.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

Let me catch you up. We've done:

He's a quack.
    No he's not.
    Yes, he is.
    But someone I knew...
    I like some of the things...
    A broken watch...
    And links to the senate hearings.

We're moving into the nonsense and flagging portion of the evening if you'd care to join us.

If you miss this showing it will be replayed at a later date. Check your local listings.
  • ZeroDelta
    ZeroDelta Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Just wondering if anyone has tried the dr oz rapid weight loss diet?
    How did you find it? How much weight did you lose?
    And has it stayed off long term?

You lost me at Dr. Oz...
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options

He's a quack.
    No he's not.
    Yes, he is.
    But someone I knew...
    A broken watch...

We're moving into the nonsense and flagging portion of the evening if you'd care to join us.

If you miss this showing it will be replayed at a later date. Check your local listings.

Lol
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options

He's a quack.
    No he's not.
    Yes, he is.
    But someone I knew...
    A broken watch...

This seriously had me giggling :D
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    Options
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I call troll
    Here's a tip: Anything that Dr. Oz endorses is crap and not worth your time.

Who you?
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Another vote for quack
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    I call troll
    I'm still going with Poe.

Nobody can be this wrong about everything.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

He's a quack.
    No he's not.
    Yes, he is.
    But someone I knew...
    A broken watch...

If there were listings, I could plan my workouts a bit better :frowning:
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    I call troll

There's no way you're for real, right?
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I stopped reading after "his credibility has increased".
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Honl, you don't need some celebrity endorsed, arbitrary diet which was designed to make money for a quack. The more 'faddy' a diet is, the less likely you are to succeed with it, and keep the weight off long term. Pop your stats into MFP, follow them. Forget Dr Oz and all that other crap. He's a shill who's sold out.
    dubird wrote: »

Yup. He's a quack.

http://www.livescience.com/50621-dr-oz-should-resign-poll.html

What's sad is he's a very smart person and was a respected heart doctor. I have no idea why he started buying into the woo, but it's pretty much destroyed his scientific credibility.

I think the whole point is his credibility has increased. His podium to teach people both sides may threaten your mind of science against anything else is hypercritical.You can be both Doctor and have a logical brain. But you can't preach science, and not have a variety of ways if explaining the same thing. Just for the record I am no pro-anything. I just don't get-off belittling someone who is no doubt far your superior on the matter.

He has promoted products that he knows do not work. He admitted this openly. Over half of the information he has given is proven incorrect by science. Diana posted links at the top of page 2 you should read. It's not belittling, it's calling out his blatant attempts at making money off of things that do not work.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Honl, you don't need some celebrity endorsed, arbitrary diet which was designed to make money for a quack. The more 'faddy' a diet is, the less likely you are to succeed with it, and keep the weight off long term. Pop your stats into MFP, follow them. Forget Dr Oz and all that other crap. He's a shill who's sold out.

Yup. He's a quack.

What's sad is he's a very smart person and was a respected heart doctor. I have no idea why he started buying into the woo, but it's pretty much destroyed his scientific credibility.

I think the whole point is his credibility has increased. His podium to teach people both sides may threaten your mind of science against anything else is hypercritical.You can be both Doctor and have a logical brain. But you can't preach science, and not have a variety of ways if explaining the same thing. Just for the record I am no pro-anything. I just don't get-off belittling someone who is no doubt far your superior on the matter.

That's probably why he was under Senate investigation for basically fraud...
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options

Yup. He's a quack.

If his credibility were to increase exponentially he would remain without credibility. 0x0x0x0x0x0=0