Any body part workout off limits for you?

Options
13»

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    valskeete wrote: »
    So, those that don't do ANY isolation work don't do bicep curls, tricep extensions, leg curls, leg extensions etc?

Nope. I gradually transitioned to all compound moves over time. I used to do tricep pull downs to help me with a push-up like move in yoga, then realized actual pushups were more effective. F'd up my knees on the leg extension machine and was told by my PT to stop using that.
  • hopper602
    hopper602 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Lunges really stress/bother my knees so I avoid them. If I do them it's very slowly and don't carry extra weights. I have had 2 knee surgeries...
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    I have shoulders limitations after having surgery in both of them to fix rotator cuff tears. OHP are very bad for me unless I do them with low weight and no more than 8 reps. I can't do military press or pull ups, and I do chin ups in the machine. I have bad OA in my knees so heavy squating or DL are out of the questions, but I have been doing body weight squats and DLs starting with low weight DB and I am progressing very nicely.

I now my limitations and I respect my body. Better to do something than spend my time in the couch recuperating from an injury.
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Valskeete, thanks for the username props. I knew a guy named Justin who used to do all kinds of ridiculous ones like JustinIdiot and JustinAsshole and such. I totally stole from him. What's your name about? It makes me think of Valkyries and... um... skeet. Like SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET MOTHERF@CKER!

Also, I know plenty of lifters (more serious than I) who think curls are the most ridiculous thing. I only do them on "off" days, where I've run my two normal routines plenty and just want the ol' guns to have some pump. I know that I'm being a little ridiculous, though.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I hardly ever do abs. I'll workout my bad if I'm doing a group workout with friends but I never do abs when I'm alone at the gym.
  • valskeete
    valskeete Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Lol @JustinAnimal is better, but they're are all pretty funny.
    My name is Valerie Skeete and that's the FIRST time I've heard that (Skeet Skeet MF...) oddly
  • valskeete
    Options
  • valskeete
    Options
    Damn MFP
  • valskeete
    Options
    I ALWAYS do abs. Next stop 8 pack
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Yet another "no isolation" movement person. I can't remember the last time I did anything like that. Probably over 10 years.