Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    So far on Lent Challenge:

No ice cream
    No buying processed junk food like cookies, cakes, pies, ice cream, etc. (only cottage cheese)
    Exercised everyday (last Tuesday I considered pushing carts my exercise & Sunday only did like 2-3 minutes on the exercise bike since watching four kids is tiring & that counts haha).

A coworker bought some of the new Cupcake Filled Oreos & left them in the break room (since I didn't say I can't eat processed junk food other people buy) & I tried one. Total waste of calories!

Awesome job, Kelly!
    And...

No ice cream
    No buying processed junk food like cookies, cakes, pies, ice cream, etc. (only cottage cheese)
    Exercised everyday (last Tuesday I considered pushing carts my exercise & Sunday only did like 2-3 minutes on the exercise bike since watching four kids is tiring & that counts haha).

A coworker bought some of the new Cupcake Filled Oreos & left them in the break room (since I didn't say I can't eat processed junk food other people buy) & I tried one. Total waste of calories!

At least you know now before buying a whole package!

That's what I told a few coworkers haha!

Now I can save my money & buy something even better.

I'm hoping we get the Coldstone Creamery Eggs again this year!

Omg, these are are real thing?? :o

coldstone.jpg

Wal-Mart has had these the past few years, but haven't found them yet this year. I remember the Cake Batter Cookie Bash egg was really good.

The eggs are more expensive around $5.00, but pretty big for the price you pay.

Ummm....who wants to send me a cake batter one??? Or bring it to Nashville? :smiley:

Although, at the moment I am doing really really badly. I can't stop eating. Anything and everything, all the time, mostly stuff that is bad for me. I'm on a real bad binge streak that i can't seem to curb. Coupled with a total lack of will to exercise. I don't even have to leave my house but i just cannot do it. I'm having a really bad week emotions wise, and its all i can do to get through work. i go home, eat (or stop on the way home and eat), go home and climb in to bed and cry. This emotions thing sucks.

Anyway, who is coming to Nashville?

<3

Were here for you @orangesmartie! I just got out of a bad binge cycle myself.

@oberon21 you need to buy one of those Coldstone Creamery Eggs & take it to Nashville.

You mean keep it in my house!???!!! If Nicci really wants one I will. I can't eat them anyway. They distinctly sound non-vegan to me....

Yes!

@orangesmartie do you want @oberon21 to purchase one of these eggs for you?

I think I need one....I'll trade you $$ for ££ on the exchange visit ;)

It could be the carrot for crossing the finish line...

Mrs s and i are planning in putting all our clothes in hand baggage and bringing empty suitcases to take stuff back, clothes, easter eggs, game of thrones game, tacky souvenirs (I have licence plates from every place I visited last time, and I'm going to put them in Charlie's room in the new house).

After running the half marathon you'll deserve a treat!

That sounds like a great plan on bringing a few empty suitcases so you can jam it full of treats/souvenirs. I'm sure @oberon21 can take you to a nearby Marshall's, T.J. Maxx, or Ross store so you can even buy some clothes there. I bet they have awesome thrift/consignment stores down there too.

Maybe they even have some swap meets like Hawaii did where you can go to a stadium & look at all the vendors selling souvenirs.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Today I need to go to the grocery store & will definitely not buy any ice cream, but I might pick up a few Easter treats & hide them until Easter.

All I have left is one pack of shredded cheese, a few cans of beans (definitely don't want to eat beans everyday), a few prepackaged rice/casserole boxes, & protein powder/bars. I have chicken breast, chicken thighs, & that's pretty much it for meat.

I mostly will pick up vegetable sides I can eat for lunches, maybe some yogurt/cottage cheese to eat for a morning snack, cheese slices, frozen fruit, & perhaps some tilapia/ground beef.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options

No ice cream

Awesome job, Kelly!
    And...

No ice cream

coldstone.jpg

Wal-Mart has had these the past few years, but haven't found them yet this year. I remember the Cake Batter Cookie Bash egg was really good.

Ummm....who wants to send me a cake batter one??? Or bring it to Nashville? :smiley:

Although, at the moment I am doing really really badly. I can't stop eating. Anything and everything, all the time, mostly stuff that is bad for me. I'm on a real bad binge streak that i can't seem to curb. Coupled with a total lack of will to exercise. I don't even have to leave my house but i just cannot do it. I'm having a really bad week emotions wise, and its all i can do to get through work. i go home, eat (or stop on the way home and eat), go home and climb in to bed and cry. This emotions thing sucks.

<3

@oberon21 you need to buy one of those Coldstone Creamery Eggs & take it to Nashville.

You mean keep it in my house!???!!! If Nicci really wants one I will. I can't eat them anyway. They distinctly sound non-vegan to me....

Pretty sure they sell candy in Nashville...
  • rungirl1973
    Options

No ice cream

Awesome job, Kelly!
    And...

No ice cream

coldstone.jpg

<3

Yes!

@orangesmartie do you want @oberon21 to purchase one of these eggs for you?

I think I need one....I'll trade you $$ for ££ on the exchange visit ;)

It could be the carrot for crossing the finish line...

Mrs s and i are planning in putting all our clothes in hand baggage and bringing empty suitcases to take stuff back, clothes, easter eggs, game of thrones game, tacky souvenirs (I have licence plates from every place I visited last time, and I'm going to put them in Charlie's room in the new house).

After running the half marathon you'll deserve a treat!

That sounds like a great plan on bringing a few empty suitcases so you can jam it full of treats/souvenirs. I'm sure @oberon21 can take you to a nearby Marshall's, T.J. Maxx, or Ross store so you can even buy some clothes there. I bet they have awesome thrift/consignment stores down there too.

Maybe they even have some swap meets like Hawaii did where you can go to a stadium & look at all the vendors selling souvenirs.

Most of my work clothes right now are from these places.
    I have a lot of overpriced dresses I buy new from Macy's because they're cute. But, I do a LOT of shopping at TJ Maxx and Ross. And thrift shops.

I could totally walk all day the day after a marathon, but I'm not sure about everybody else. I would lean toward line dancing Sunday and Dollywood Monday. The walking will be good for working out the DOMS.
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    If it's not raining around lunchtime, I think I'll walk over to CVS and see if they have those eggs. I need that cake batter one for a reward, too!
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    @Oberon21 and @orangesmartie - just a heads up that my husband's brother is coming for the weekend to run the Half Marathon, too. He's a sweet guy and has a not great home life (abusive wife), so it's a nice little break for him. Also, the boys can do their thing and I can hang with you guys for girl time... :)
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    @Oberon21 and @orangesmartie - just a heads up that my husband's brother is coming for the weekend to run the Half Marathon, too. He's a sweet guy and has a not great home life (abusive wife), so it's a nice little break for him. Also, the boys can do their thing and I can hang with you guys for girl time... :)

Oooh fun! Wish I could make it!
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    @orangesmartie I'm sorry there is an issue going on! xx

My friend from Britian is sending me Thornton's chocolate, I cannot even begin to explain my excitement haha
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    Up until last month I thought our boys were the primary ice cream eaters in the house. Seems that I am wrong.
    Since bluebell is back Hubby has been stock piling ice-cream in the worst kind of way. He will buy two to three half gallon tubs at a time. Since the first of February We have polished off 5 half gallons, 2 mostly rated half gallons. and we now have 3 new unopened half gallons in the freezer.
    And yes I have been eating some and logging it. I may have eaten one half gallon myself over the month. This I need to control.
    The thing is he has not gained weight. NOT FAIR!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options

No ice cream

Awesome job, Kelly!
    And...

No ice cream

You've been through A LOT, Nicci! Try to do your best to take care of yourself. HUGS!

And I am not coming to Nashville, because:

5nm2r4x7tjjk.jpg

ROAD TRIP!

ETA looks like you pass right through Kansas.... You could make it... with MO!

Where she'd pass through, is about 4 hours north of where I am. Also, April is Mr. Mo's birthday and I don't think he'd be cool with me ditching him for a road trip to Nashville. Plus, country music KILLS MY SOUL. Do you WANT me to die, POF? DO YOU?!!!
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »

No ice cream

Awesome job, Kelly!
    And...

No ice cream

You've been through A LOT, Nicci! Try to do your best to take care of yourself. HUGS!

5nm2r4x7tjjk.jpg

ROAD TRIP!

Where she'd pass through, is about 4 hours north of where I am. Also, April is Mr. Mo's birthday and I don't think he'd be cool with me ditching him for a road trip to Nashville. Plus, country music KILLS MY SOUL. Do you WANT me to die, POF? DO YOU?!!!

Nashville isn't all country music... I've probably heard more live classic rock and heavy metal than country in the bars downtown, it's all in finding the music you like. It's Music City.
  • raymax4
    Options
    So I am trying to stop procrastinating. I am so sick of feeling overwhelmed and behind. Today I got all my performance appraisals done, my performance agreements done, my candidate selection done, my tuition reimbursement application done, my grades submitted for my last class. I still have a ton to do but it's 7:17 and my office is freezing and I am tired. I am going to head home, stopping at Target for some groceries, then go home and fold and put away laundry. I may not exercise of make my steps, but by God, I am going to get stuff done!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope today is better
  • raymax4
    Options
    It is.annoying that my direct supervisor has been standing at the cubby next to mine gossiping for close to 30 minutes. Co-irkers indeed.

Tee hee... Great example she is setting!

Ditto
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options

No ice cream

Awesome job, Kelly!
    And...

No ice cream

5nm2r4x7tjjk.jpg

ROAD TRIP!

Nashville isn't all country music... I've probably heard more live classic rock and heavy metal than country in the bars downtown, it's all in finding the music you like. It's Music City.

But isn't the race you're doing centered around country music. The ONLY way I'd even CONSIDER doing it is if Mr. Mo was willing to go (which I'm pretty sure he's not going to want to run/walk a race for his 40th birthday) AND if I listened to my earbuds the whole time with Metallica, Linkin Park, Rage, and all the other heavy stuff that's for good for running to.

PS. I'd love to go meet you all, just not at this event; :o
  • rungirl1973
    Options

No ice cream

Awesome job, Kelly!
    And...

No ice cream

5nm2r4x7tjjk.jpg

ROAD TRIP!

But isn't the race you're doing centered around country music. The ONLY way I'd even CONSIDER doing it is if Mr. Mo was willing to go (which I'm pretty sure he's not going to want to run/walk a race for his 40th birthday) AND if I listened to my earbuds the whole time with Metallica, Linkin Park, Rage, and all the other heavy stuff that's for good for running to.

PS. I'd love to go meet you all, just not at this event; :o

It used to be called the Country Music Marathon, but I never remember hearing much country music along the course. Of course, I listen to my own music, too. LOL
    I totally get that you guys aren't about running, we'll just have to plan a future event. I actually did run a 10 mile race on my 40th birthday. Haha! Different strokes.

It's true - there's a huge amount of country music here, but my kids don't like country either and we've found a TON of non-country venues.
  • raymax4
    Options
    Orangesmartie, I hope you start feeling better. You have been through a massive bit of stress. A lot of you feelings of not wanting to exercise and eating rampage could be do to all that stress. Give yourself time. Be good to yourself. Know that you are loved.
    I'm glad you are able to visit your friends in the USA. Wish I could be there.
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options

No ice cream

Awesome job, Kelly!
    And...

No ice cream

coldstone.jpg

<3

But not easter eggs at the end of April...
  • rungirl1973
    Options

No ice cream

Awesome job, Kelly!
    And...

No ice cream

coldstone.jpg

<3

But not easter eggs at the end of April...

True... Easter is way too early this year.
  • orangesmartie
    Options

Yay! Will be nice to meet him and yay girl time
  • orangesmartie
    Options
    If it's not raining around lunchtime, I think I'll walk over to CVS and see if they have those eggs. I need that cake batter one for a reward, too!

Get extra ;)