Protein pre or post workout or else?

Options
13»

Replies

• abtruse1
    abtruse1 Posts: 13
    Options
    where would you suggest the best sources for nutritional information then?
    1) Pubmed.com + Google Scholar for finding peer-reviewed, scientific studies.

2) AARR - Alan Aragon Research Review. Subscribe for $10 per month, and you have access to *hundreds* of scientific studies that have been critiqued by Alan. I can't stress enough how valuable this is and how worth it this is. Honestly, while I probably *shouldn't* say this, you could pay $10, download everything Alan has critiqued in the last 2 years (in the form of pdf files), then end your subscription and you would have hundreds of scientific studies in the fields of exercise and nutrition critiqued by one of the authorities of the field all for $10. It's something everyone should seriously consider investing in. He comes out with a new review every single month - each review has 3-4 reviewed studies along with other "goodies" and write-ups.

3) Lyle McDonald's site bodyrecomposition.com is a great, free site.

4) The bodybuilding.com nutrition section, in my opinion, is a wealth of free information. Lots of very knowledgeable posters, including Alan Aragon. And no, you do NOT have to be a bodybuilder in order to gain something from that section.

thanks for the info. I think I would feel better paying the monthly fee. to me, if the guys that knowledgeable, and helpfully, he deserves to make the $
  • mynameisuntz
    mynameisuntz Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    thanks for the info. I think I would feel better paying the monthly fee. to me, if the guys that knowledgeable, and helpfully, he deserves to make the $
    Of course, and that's what I do. I pay the monthly fee.

Decide for yourself, here is what a standard issue looks like, and this is what comes out once a month:

http://user210805.websitewizard.com/files/unprotected/AARR-Jan-2008.pdf
  • abtruse1
    Options
    Of course, and that's what I do. I pay the monthly fee.

Decide for yourself, here is what a standard issue looks like, and this is what comes out once a month:

http://user210805.websitewizard.com/files/unprotected/AARR-Jan-2008.pdf

wow! this guy gets really technical. Interesting stuff.
  • mynameisuntz
    mynameisuntz Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    He does, but still 95% of the stuff I feel he breaks down well enough where it's easy to understand. Or breaks it down enough to the point where you can figure it out upon Googling a few terms ;]

But really, it's so worth the money. You will feel your brain expanding after just reading a few of them, and you'll forever change your opinion of what a proper source is in the realm of nutrition/exercise.
  • abtruse1
    Options
    He does, but still 95% of the stuff I feel he breaks down well enough where it's easy to understand. Or breaks it down enough to the point where you can figure it out upon Googling a few terms ;]

But really, it's so worth the money. You will feel your brain expanding after just reading a few of them, and you'll forever change your opinion of what a proper source is in the realm of nutrition/exercise.

very true. thanks!