WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2016

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,970 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    kirby ran 3 miles without holding on the treadmill ! did a 11.21minute mile!! he's getting there! we're gonna have a t-shirt made for him that says, "mind over spine"

smiley-happy110.gif
  • littlewomensmom
    littlewomensmom Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Pretty new to this site. I am turning 55 next month. The only thing that feels old is my back! (Or when I get my picture taken). I had given up losing weight because of my back. When I was younger I kept my weight lower with high level cardio and weight training. But I am so pleased to see the scale moving with just logging my food. But I can't lie, I am super jealous seeing all the calories being burned by these intense cardio workouts! Will I ever be able to do that again? Trying to focus on just eating my way down instead of sweating my way down the scale!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Alison: We have a friend who owns a Volt and use it as his commuter car to and from work. He loves it. He happens to work for the power company that supplies electricity in the Portland metro area and a wide area beyond. I think there were company incentives for the purchase and I know they helped put a charging station in his garage. :smiley:

Heather: Thanks for the hug! They are always nice to get from good friends. :flowerforyou:

Grits: If the (D*mn) DIL sends you another nasty gram, print it and distribute copies to your DH and DS. If you still have this one, use it. :devil:

Pip: Congrats to Kirby for his 3 mile hands free run on the treadmill. He is one tough, determined man. :smiley: We dropped into the Apple Palace in downtown PDX the other day. Wow! So many people! I bought two cords to connect phones etc to a power outlet for charging and looked at the current version of my laptop. I'm keeping what I have because it is like theirs except mine has a DVD player & the new one doesn't. I've had mine since 2009 and it is going strong. :heart: :

littlewomansmom: Welcome to a great group! Stop in every ayy for support. You are starting on the right foot by logging. Pamper your back with workouts that are gentle and rhythmic like walking. Yoga has done wonders for me, and you may be able to find a teacher who will be able to start you on good exercises that won't overtax your back. :smiley:

Riding lesson went great today and I don't have ANY new saddle sores. YAY!!!!!

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

February Resolutions :
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back strength.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.

Goals
    1. Find a place I can learn to fall without getting hurt once my doctor says it is ok to try.

30881843.png
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,672 Member
    Options
    Here is the fence!
    eegefbvlanu9.jpeg
    tddofqu3x746.jpeg
    aa3cmf0jsi82.jpeg
    3h21ka1fudfe.jpeg
    lz2tobcknrco.jpeg
    zodd92o674qh.jpeg
    rjezdpg4lw91.jpeg
    t4o3wbmdas0u.jpeg
    js7excab9yha.jpeg
    t82ea1c3i2xu.jpeg
    pwasxmukpfjk.jpeg
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,672 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day
    Jog- 28.15min, 9.07ap, 144ahr, 158mhr, 6.4-8.0sp, 1lb ankle weights, 5k = 292c
    Physical therapy stretches at gym- 25min, 125mhr, 7 diff stretches, 2 sets of 10 some w/5lb weights = 125c
    Yardwork- 30min = 114c
    Total cal 531
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Barbie and Mary, thank you. I'm enjoying this. :)

Barbie, I got the book today, Strong Women Stay Young. I'm off to read it. Thank you so much.

Janetr OKC
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Pip,, that looks gorgeous.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,328 Member
    Options
    Pip - Nobody will be singing, "Who Let the Dogs Out?" !!!!!!!!!!!!! Great job.

Heather UK
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Pip - Love the fence. Great job on it. It'll already add so much to the value of you home when y'all get ready to sell it and downsize whenever.
  • Oreobug08
    Oreobug08 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    terri_mom wrote: »
    Happy Wednesday ! ! !

Betty – Your accolade to DJ was so kind and honest. Thanks for being so full of love and being willing to type it on this thread. I hope I can be ½ as supportive today at work as your post. Thanks for speaking your mind and sharing to positive ! ! ! I wish the best for you in everything you do today (that goes for everyone) ! ! !

Heather – Hugs back at you! We all deserve an extra hug every day ! ! !

Natalie – Baby steps for all the changes required for this lifestyle change. I know you can do it. Be kind to yourself ! ! !

Cheri – Thanks for sharing those short quips of your life. I could tell similar stories with my TBI hubby. Some days it gets exhausting, then he turns a corner (usually I tell him my love tank is empty) and life is grand again. I was told the main way to tell it is his brain injury and not just selfishness is that he “forgets” to do things that are important to him, too. Sending text pictures has helped with his memory, but the other stuff I just keep telling myself it is not my fault and wait for him to come back around. Hugs all around ! ! !

Karen – thanks and right back at you ! ! ! Hugs

Gayle – Hugs and Prayers ! ! !

Beth – You Can Do It ! ! !

Cathy – I hope you find the strength quickly, and learn some helpful tips from all the wise ladies here ! ! ! Hugs and Prayers for all your stressors !

Barbie – Way to go on the weights ! ! !

Janetr – what a nightmare getting through security at the Airport. Very unorganized with serious lack of communication ! ! ! // You deserve to enjoy life – go get it ! ! ! // That is beautiful scenery. I’d be afraid of looking around too much, miss a step, and fall.

This looks like something I can do next week in Reno : http://www.wptv.com/news/local-news/water-cooler/april-storey-moms-wine-workout-goes-viral >:)B)

My arthritis is starting to create a bad attitude that I am hoping to kick to the curb soon. Co-workers are asking me about my “sour” face, and I know it is just my pain level. If it will go away from my right foot and left knee, it would make a HUGE difference while I’m walking around doing my thing, because I don’t think I scrunch my face while at my desk. But I was able to stay on the bike for 20 minutes this morning (most thanks goes to Janis Joplin on Pandora), and as soon as I copy/paste this, I will do my second set of 10 pushups leaning on the shelf near my desk. I added a sticker for yesterday, but I’m thinking about my morning snack already today, so I must distract myself. Rock on Everyone ! ! !

Hugs for Everyone ! ! !

Terri in Milwaukee

Thanks, Terri, for the encouragement.
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    1650225rgpgoxdb9j.gif

Love to all, Heather UK

Stealing Heather's hug.....sorry just passing it on I mean....
    Becca
    the person that cleans
    up all the muck and mental
    from these here
    margins!
    oh in Oregon
  • Annr
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    kirby ran 3 miles without holding on the treadmill ! did a 11.21minute mile!! he's getting there! we're gonna have a t-shirt made for him that says, "mind over spine"

I would BUY that tee-shirt!
    (((hugs))))
    Just one of yer many peep-heads,
    Becca
    still in Oregon
  • Annr
    Options
    PIP....love the fence, and the meandering rock path!!!
    Becca
  • Annr
    Options
    when I made my pathetic broom I didn't PLAN on using smiley faces as the bristles! It just happened. I am not tech savvy when it comes to properly emoting...

<@)
    ( () )
    " ""
    Ok I can't draw with symbols, but hey I tried. (it was a bird)

Becca
  • Marley2591
    Marley2591 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Volunteered today. It always makes me feel better to go and help out... Great posts ladies!
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Hello out there in happy land! I hope you are all having a great weekend.

After the Y this morning I spent a few hours at the studio mixing some new glaze recipes. Now I have some tests in the kiln. Then we came to the lake. We've already walked the dogs and have settled in to relaxing mode. I have a speckled dog snoring in my lap right now.

Sweet dreams everyone!

Sylvia
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,970 Member
    Options
    :)Pip Good looking fence, good looking VW, good looking husband....who could ask for anything more.
  • motivated672016
    motivated672016 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new on here! What do you ladies do? Do you just chat on here and update each other? It's almost the end of Feb 2016 and I don't see anything past the 1st. Are you using my fitness pal?
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. New to this thread. I read through *most* of the thread and wow.... my head is spinning with names. I'm Marcelyn. 56. I'm a mom of 4, grandmother of 11. I garden, sew (mostly clothing but a few quilts), read a bunch and am a potter (Mollywhippet I noticed glaze recipes and kiln time.... :) ). I also run and do mostly half-marathons. BUT I don't like to run. The good thing is when I do run I get to eat and I like eating. :)