Fit for Fall Challenge - 6/20 - 9/05

Options

Replies

• Spedden
    Spedden Posts: 207
    Options
    I admire what you said - seeing a plan all the way through IS a victory, whether you achieve the goal or mini-goal during that time or not!:smile:
  • Mellissa817
    Options
    Here is my check in sorry its not on monday.
  • emariec78
    emariec78 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Wow, I can't believe how many people have joined, this is great! Well I'm just checking in to post my NSV goals.

1. A size medium sporty junior bikini I bought thinking I could replace my swimteam syle one piece. Right now it muffin top, muffin bottom, basically just not cute with things bulging all over!

2. Second goal is to be diligent about logging everything!

3. To run the stairs at Red Rocks. This was something I wanted to do since the beginning of the summer, I don't know how far I'll make it or how long but I really want to give it a shot before the season ends. I've gotten winded walking to the top of this amphitheater at concerts so we'll see how it goes! Here's a link if anyone wants to see a pic of what it is
    http://www.redrocksonline.com/Portals/0/LiveGallery/537/Images/PHO--Woman-running-with-IPOD-Don-Peitzman-photo-contest-10.13.09.jpg
  • flamingo99
    Options
    I'm (very) slowly getting to 10 glasses a water. I'm going for 10 at the end of the week. Swear. Yesterday I got 2. Just add 3 a day to it! I'm literally never thirsty, so this is certainly a challenge! Best of luck to all!
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    @michelle228--I think you are incredibly brave person--and you are safe and among friends here!! I doubt that any of us care what the others' weights are, we just want to lose our own and support everyone else that is here with us. You can and will do this!!

I could NOT agree more- in all honesty its not about the number but about the "friendships" we create here. Yeah the number helps motivate us and get our butts moving, but for me a challenge is about pushing myself and the others in the group to a new level- together!!!! your victories are our vistories and your struggles are our struggles- so lets get some victories accomplished!!
  • Steph4454
    Steph4454 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Sorry Day Late here. Monday weigh in was 238 and my goal for 09/05 is 220! That would be the littest ive been in over 8 years! I would be elated!! Let's do this!
  • Lavmann
    Lavmann Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    OK I am in. Thankfully my 10 glasses of water are a standard for me now. It is amazing how much it has helped me. I never fully appreciated how badly my body reacts to salt (well I sort of knew) until the last couple of months and this really keeps the negatives in check. I love my bars and plates class at the gym so I did that last night. Whew - unknowingly I met the challenge yesterday!

As far as goals are concerned
    CW: 250.4
    GW: 230 (hoping it will be much less, but we shall see).

NSV: 1) Finish C25K (on week 4 currently)
    2) Continue to run afterwards
    3) Sign up for a race (there is one I am eyeballing in late Sept)
    4) Continue my power walks at the cottage (4.15mi) when there and add in weights.
    5) Do as well at the next fitness challenge as I did in the last one at the gym!
  • anbuckmaster
    anbuckmaster Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

CW--217.5
    GW--199

NSV: Be back into my blue jeans! Can't wear a single pair of them comfortably and refuse to buy anymore!

Same here with the jeans thing...I want to just fit into all my clothes comfortably again.
  • roselynsy
    roselynsy Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    dam im late but im in
  • dezwark
    dezwark Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    CW: 140.2 lbs
    GW: 130 lbs
    NSV: to wear a swim suit
  • tsrsd4
    tsrsd4 Posts: 12
    Options
    CW: 143 lbs
    GW: 120 lbs
    NSV: Fit into my old pants... be comfortable in a swimsuit that does not cover my upper thighs... cut back on my dairy/ empty carb intake... stop stress eating!!... and stick to a plan for more than a week! :tongue:
  • Red_Minx
    Red_Minx Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I so want in on this!!! I dont have a scale though, I weigh in at Weight Watchers every saturday tho so I can post soon as I go in this Saturday. My mom has a good scale but a bit too heavy to use it :( but only like 5 lbs before I can :)

NSV: I want to be able to get on my horse from the ground and not use a freakin step!!
    CW: not exactly sure till Saturday
    GW: 280 lbs
  • ravenclawseekergirl
    ravenclawseekergirl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I just about started to cry when i realized i think im the heaviest person in this group... very embarrassing for me but just might be a big wake up call to get me moving...

Hey! Like someone said before me, it dosnt matter what your start weight is. We are all on this weight loss journey together. Some of us may have been where you are now. In the last challenge i was one of the heaviest but the women involved in it took me in and supported me. In no time you'll be there too. Dont be frigtened away the important thing is that you are making yourself healthier. We'll all be here to support you. You just have to ask!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    :blushing: Hope to see you here again
  • ravenclawseekergirl
    ravenclawseekergirl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Ahah double post
  • Red_Minx
    Red_Minx Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to share one of the things that keeps me going and something I changed about my thought processes. Used to be that if I had a bad day I would use it as an excuse to have a bad week. I'll just start again next week. Fact is one bad day is only one bad day. If you were gonna lose all the weight do you really think one day will affect your happiness? Just get back on the next day and keep going!! My weight loss has been slow going but it is still going down and that is the overall goal right? Sometimes I have a bad week, it happens, but again just keep going!! It may take a couple years but if you quit now it will be alot longer that your not happy with yourself. Don't beat yourself up over the small things because they won't affect your overall goal long as you work hard and continue. PERSEVERE!!!
  • Ohiopugmom
    Ohiopugmom Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm (very) slowly getting to 10 glasses a water. I'm going for 10 at the end of the week. Swear. Yesterday I got 2. Just add 3 a day to it! I'm literally never thirsty, so this is certainly a challenge! Best of luck to all!

This is me as well. I am lucky if I get 4 glasses in. I was never a water drinker at all.
  • Ohiopugmom
    Ohiopugmom Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    double post - michelle228 - you can do this! we are here to support you!!
  • Sandbug
    Sandbug Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Ooooops! I forgot to post yesterday but I did start so here are my goals:

NSV: to make it through this week without gaining weight! It is my birthday week and a vacation week for my husband.
    CW: 167
    SW: 157 (by 9/05)

I will post a new NSV next week.

I have been doing one of the Jillian Michaels Dvd's, Burn Fat Boost Metabolism. I grabbed hand weights for a few of the moves. Does this count as adding weights to my work out?
  • Majbdrake
    Majbdrake Posts: 69
    Options
    I'm runner by training and choice when it comes to working out so my one hour jogs burn the calories but I keep forgetting (2 days in a row now, duh! slaps forehead) to put some weight in my hands when I run. I intended to hold a couple of 16oz water bottles as I ran today but of course, I remembered 10 minutes into the jog...

I drink tons of water here in Afghanistan in order to stay hydrated in the heat with the body armor so that part of the challenge is a bit easier.

One way I keep the water challenge going (I'm not a fan of plain water either) is that I use Crystal Light drink tubes to jazz up the water a bit. At 10 calories for an entire 16oz bottle of water, I'll use the tube to make the bottled water palatable. Using the Crystal Light, I can easily down 5-6 bottles of water a day which is 80-96 oz of water which meets the 10 cups of water day requirement quite easily. I usually drink a lot more than 5-6 before the end of a 18-hour work day.

Another nice thing about the drink tubes is that I've been able to completely take carbonated drinks like Coke out of my diet. I've been 5 days without Cola and I don't even miss it at this point.

Bruce
  • Tissues
    Tissues Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I can't even imagine the heat in Afghanistan. Keep up the great work!

I ran yesterday, but not with weights. I'm going to buy ankle weights.

I havn't had real coke in almost 2 years and I miss it...I drink coke zero on occasion but I like water. and coffee :drinker: