30 Day Shred Starting Monday June 20th

Options

Replies

• ypena78
    ypena78 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Day one, done... OMG I feel dead! Really... I couldn't even reach half the moves she wanted me too.. shows how much fat is blocking the way! Hope day two will be better

Me too, but start with the modified version the girl on jillian's left hand side your right is doing the modified version & you can work your way up
  • tbhoover
    tbhoover Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Well ladies I'm going to join in on this! Gonna start tomorrow. I think the accountability will help me. I did day 1 a while back and gave up lol it was so hard. But I will weigh and measure tomorrow maybe take a before pic and get going :-)
  • KristynStephens15
    KristynStephens15 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Im on my 2nd round, but L2D5 Done
  • doublestuffed919
    doublestuffed919 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    ok i'm new to the site. i want to join a challenge to get me going. are you all following a exercise plan or is everyone doing their own thing?
  • madivp
    madivp Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I joined another group but this one looks more my speed. I just did the workout and I had trouble getting on and off the floor if that says anything in my behalf. Yes I am in big trouble here. But I plan on doing it for 30 days or until my body tells me it will not allow me to do it, which ever come first LOL. I have been exerciseing for a couple of months just the thread mill for 2 months and the ymca for a month, but i am very out of shape. I have had heart sergery so have to work on getting into shape slowly. I guess i didnt get this out of shape in 30 days :laugh: I am not sure the world is ready for my measurement yet lol i will try to do a before and after picture though. (one alive and one died?) ok so i do have a weird sence of humor sorry. I will try to pack it away. Ok heres to all of us:drinker:
  • maritadanielle
    Options
    I am so happy to have found this thread... I had planned to start being accountable and start a 30 day shred thread of my own, but to my surprise one was started just yesterday so I am jumping on board... I will start tonight (June 21st) and will also post pics after work today! Can't wait to see the results after one month!!! Good luck everyone :)
  • Mveler
    Mveler Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I joined another group but this one looks more my speed. I just did the workout and I had trouble getting on and off the floor if that says anything in my behalf. Yes I am in big trouble here. But I plan on doing it for 30 days or until my body tells me it will not allow me to do it, which ever come first LOL. I have been exerciseing for a couple of months just the thread mill for 2 months and the ymca for a month, but i am very out of shape. I have had heart sergery so have to work on getting into shape slowly. I guess i didnt get this out of shape in 30 days :laugh: I am not sure the world is ready for my measurement yet lol i will try to do a before and after picture though. (one alive and one died?) ok so i do have a weird sence of humor sorry. I will try to pack it away. Ok heres to all of us:drinker:

My mother in Law also had trouble getting down and back up. She is going to keep going as well. You are not alone! Keep up the good work!
  • lozzyrain
    lozzyrain Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm quite new to this website and your story and pictures are very inspiring, what is the Shred?
  • Mveler
    Options
    Good luck to you as well!!
  • Mveler
    Options
    30 Day Shred is a DVD workout By Jillian Michaels from the Biggest Loser. You can purchase it on Amazon Fairly Cheap.
  • Mveler
    Options
    It is a DVD Workout that is structured in 10 day blocks for a period of 30 days.
  • Mveler
    Options
    day 1 done. My fingers even hurt to type. I'm huffing and puffing more than I did before wth??!! :sad:

I know the feeling! I am intimidated but after seeing the results of others... I will PLUG PLUG PLUG away!
  • Mveler
    Options
    Day one done! Hope we can all walk tomorrow! :laugh:

Oh goodness this AM is a sore one for sure!! The heels of my feet hurt as well.
  • cocodp
    cocodp Posts: 164
    Options
    day 1 down and 29 more to go! i actually feel pretty good. thought i would be more sore but i took time and really stretched afterwards.

looking forward to day 2 tonight!
  • Cella30
    Cella30 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 2. O.M.G. It was tough! I barely made it through the first circuit, which is the hardest in my opinion. My inner thighs are the most sore today. For all those people that think they are too sore to do it today, I encourage you to stick with it. By the end of it you'll feel much better. Plus I feel so goooood, like I could totally kick someone's *kitten*. ha!

On a side note, I'm supposed to go on a 8 mile bike ride tonight...I'm praying for rain. :laugh:

Great work everyone!

Ps. According to my HRM, I burned 203 calories.
  • ypena78
    ypena78 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    bump... Yeah if you feel like crap cause of day 1 of the shred, definately stick with it. I just finished L1D2 on it and I have to admit I am still sore from yesterday, but once you get through the warm up its not so bad. I hope everyone has a great day......Keep on going!! dont give up..... "If a 400lb woman can do jumping jacks you can too" when i heard jillian say that, I pushed harder...
  • wishn2binAZ
    wishn2binAZ Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Just started the Shred again, hoping I can stick to it this time! Feeling pretty good today, but i know day 2 is when i felt the burn. Gotta keep pushing to get the results!
  • NewVonnie
    NewVonnie Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 2. O.M.G. It was tough! I barely made it through the first circuit, which is the hardest in my opinion. My inner thighs are the most sore today. For all those people that think they are too sore to do it today, I encourage you to stick with it. By the end of it you'll feel much better. Plus I feel so goooood, like I could totally kick someone's *kitten*. ha!

On a side note, I'm supposed to go on a 8 mile bike ride tonight...I'm praying for rain. :laugh:

Great work everyone!

Ps. According to my HRM, I burned 203 calories.

"praying for rain" that made me LOL..i hear ya...
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 2 of the shred. I always start out feeling like i'm going to die, but then by the end I start to feel stronger.

Does anyone else find the squat and press really difficult? I can't usually press, I just hold my arms at 90 degrees with the weights.

Also, for anyone with On-Demand tv, some of them have levels 1 and 2 of the shred for free in the fitness and nutrition section! That's how I've been doing it.

Another thing: I don't have a HRM, but I've been logging this activity as 200 calories. I'm a 5'11" female at 196, does that sound like a reasonable burn?
  • Mveler
    Options
    Thanks for the optimism all! I am scared to death to start day two of course I will!>

I have to walk a Mile with my Mother in law at 3:30 and then I will jump in head first.

Keep up the good work all