March 2016 100 miles + Challenge

Options
jeanniewes
jeanniewes Posts: 3,682 Member
OK guys here we go. March 2016!

Each person decide your own method of exercise and your OWN GOAL whether you walk, jog, Bike or manage Steps...ready, set goooooooooooooooooo! :D

MY PERSONAL GOAL is 100 miles walking. I also hope too do some exercise Bike but that mileage will be separate.....

Replies

• jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I love this idea. I am going to be walking and on the elliptical. My goal is going to be 100 miles and hopefully I pass that up very quickly!!!
  • jessiejohnson9393
    jessiejohnson9393 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Count me in! ;)
  • jeanniewes
    Options
    Good too 'see' you guys! NOW if our 'oldies' just show up as well then we'll have a good group going and a great source of support!!!!!!!!!!

WELCOME EVERYONE!!! :)
  • jacqueline0821
    Options
    Thanks for starting this. I am super pumped. My goal for tomorrow is 3.5 miles.
  • ziamohammed80
    ziamohammed80 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm in ! New to elliptical so will start with 3.5miles
  • erin506
    erin506 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in! 2 miles on the elliptical everyday or 2 miles walking everyday :smile:
  • JeimyLyn
    JeimyLyn Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Great idea! My goal is 100 miles walking or jogging.
  • bigroastdinner
    bigroastdinner Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Yay I :heart: this challenge!

Since I am away for a week at the start of March, and then Easter is towards the end, I have just 10 Zumba classes in March (60 mins each = 600 mins), 8 of which I cycle to (~30mins = 240 mins => 840 mins total). So I think I will go back to a goal of *1,000 minutes of activity* in March and see how we get on.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    Registering for duty!!

I'm going to be bold. I'm aiming for a minimum of 100 miles, EIGHTY of which must be walking/running. I use my fitbit to calculate, but only count mileage where it is more than one.

I'm also away much of this week making site visits. I have two major events planned this month - a ten mile obstacle race and then at Easter I have planned a Swing Dance and Circus festival - lots of dancing and probable bruises from circus games.
  • katskynet
    katskynet Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Got my fitbit yesterday so looking for a challenge! I'll aim for 100 miles.

My first challenge.... Exciting! :D:D
  • xiehoppy
    xiehoppy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'll join
  • gentlygently
    gentlygently Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Me too again... This time I've broken down my goals:

800 mins 'usual'
    3-600 'stretch'
    30 mins activity atleast on 28 days - 14 'usual', 14 'stretch'

(Health/parents care willing!)

1 March: 40 mins walking - 20 usual, 20 stretch - walking up hill, in cold, cold wind and rain. Lovely.....?!
  • Emiliebeauchamp
    Emiliebeauchamp Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Sounds fun!
  • sam52286
    sam52286 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My first challenge, too! I'm going to count my miles with my Fitbit :) I think 100 miles is perfect for me!
  • jacqueline0821
    Options
    I got in 1.25 so far this morning. I was lacking energy and motivation at the gym so I am hoping to get back later to get up to 3.5 for the day.
  • SteveCro
    SteveCro Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Oldie back in here Jeannie.... hmmm let's go 350 miles this month. Quite a strech from last month goal. Must get those miles to train.... Looks like a biking/camping trip is a go for July.. 340 miles in 6 days (Michigander bike tour)
  • Leobaby
    Leobaby Posts: 97 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I'm in! Walking 100 miles this month with my fitbit :)

GOAL: 100 miles
    Days in: 0
    Total Miles: 0
    Miles to reach goal: 100

March 01 - XX miles
  • bigroastdinner
    bigroastdinner Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    1st - 20 min treadmill (2.5 km) + 5 min calisthenics = 25 mins

Total - 25 / 1,000 mins
    Remaining - 975 mins
  • gentlygently
    gentlygently Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    The Michigander bike tour looks FAB!! Steve.

Before I got sick I used to do a bit of cycle touring - tent on back of bike stuff or b and bs. The last big one was the Devon coast to coast. Now it ihas to be more modest - last year we did a Bike and Boat trip along the Danube...

What a great thing to train for.

• jeanniewes
    edited March 2016
    Options
    WELCOME...MORE NEWBIES <3 AND some of our 'oldies'.....Not YOU Steve! We all KNOW you're young! lol yahooo you will be able too do 350 Miles...me thinks I'm too OLD for that! lol

For those of you who THINK this is a great idea and a NEW idea...just want you too know I've been doing these particular challenges for a few years now. I'm so happy that some of the older ones continue too join me. It keeps us all motivated and true too ourselves... :)

Today before the storms hit the girls and I got in 3.0 Walking miles early morning. We had nice temps here...

March 1st.....3.0 Walking Miles...