My boyfriend is 12 years older than me. Do guys want kids quite soon after marriage?

Options

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,952 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    what kind of thirty year old dates an 18 year old?? you guys can't even have a drink together.

I dated a 36 yo when I was 18. We had plenty of drinks together. He wanted me to be the third Mrs. R., but I joined the military instead. We were too far apart for it to work out long term, but it was fun while it lasted. We hooked back up for a while when I was 30. I still think of him fondly.

I hope when I'm 36-40 I can talk 18 year old chicks into sleeping with me, sounds fun!

My body was hotter then, but I am way better in bed now ;)
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    what kind of thirty year old dates an 18 year old?? you guys can't even have a drink together.

I dated a 36 yo when I was 18. We had plenty of drinks together. He wanted me to be the third Mrs. R., but I joined the military instead. We were too far apart for it to work out long term, but it was fun while it lasted. We hooked back up for a while when I was 30. I still think of him fondly.

I hope when I'm 36-40 I can talk 18 year old chicks into sleeping with me, sounds fun!

My body was hotter then, but I am way better in bed now ;)

oh-really-o.gif
  • zbakrjc
    zbakrjc Posts: 87 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

When I was 20 I dated a man that was 40. Nothing wrong with that at all. I don't know that it would have been a forever thing but it was great while it lasted.

zbakrjc
  • Char231023
    Char231023 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    How long have y'all been together?
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    odusgolp wrote: »

Don't be silly, they're sooooo marrying and having babies.

According to the dating formula, you are too young to date him. His minimum dating age is 22. The only way he is having a baby with you is if he knocks you up. Enjoy being his fling that he doesn't have to take out anywhere because you're too young to get in.
  • zbakrjc
    edited March 2016
    Options

According to the dating formula, you are too young to date him. His minimum dating age is 22. The only way he is having a baby with you is if he knocks you up. Enjoy being his fling that he doesn't have to take out anywhere because you're too young to get in.

What dating formula?

• zbakrjc
    edited March 2016
    Options
    zbakrjc wrote: »
    what kind of I-see-what-you-did-there.jpg thirty year old dates an 18 year old?? you guys can't even have a drink together.

What dating formula?

half your age plus 7- anything younger and its creepy.

I don't think that's totally true once you're at least 21. I understand that 18 - 20 is a bit too young to hang out at clubs but after that I wouldn't call it creepy.

zbakrjc
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    what kind of zbakrjc thirty year old dates an 18 year old?? you guys can't even have a drink together.

What dating formula?

I don't think that's totally true once you're at least 21. I understand that 18 - 20 is a bit too young to hang out at clubs but after that I wouldn't call it creepy.

zbakrjc

There isn't any real forumula for human interaction but hey people believe in all sorts of crazy stuff. However, there is a point where you have to think there is something a little off.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options
    what kind of zbakrjc thirty year old dates an 18 year old?? you guys can't even have a drink together.

What dating formula?

zbakrjc

ain't my rules. that's just what society says man

LOL, I've never seen "society" give that rule out, especially since "society" can't even read at a grade 10 level or do math at a grade 8 level.
  • Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    So much judgement on the age gap here, there aren't rules on this other than what the law says. And the law in this case has no problem. Nobody has the right to turn their nose up at these two for their difference in years, that is entirely up to them.
  • Wheelhouse15
    edited March 2016
    Options

What dating formula?

zbakrjc

ain't my rules. that's just what society says man

LOL, I've never seen "society" give that rule out, especially since "society" can't even read at a grade 10 level or do math at a grade 8 level.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=half+your+age+plus+7

its gotta be true if its on urban dictionary

I know the Urban Dictionary is up there with the Constitution for law, with Nature for scientific facts and the Bible for religious truths! Oh, and something about a bunch of modern slangs...
  • Markdjones83
    Markdjones83 Posts: 852 Member
    Options

0f9d00f0e3bfd99e9f2f211967780f3b1ed63a433c9d1b38f9fbf846f8f2ec27.jpg
  • mrschikin
    mrschikin Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    If you're not able to speak about this openly, you're not ready to get married. Talk to him, not to random strangers on the internet.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hello, my boyfriend is 12 years older than me. There's a possibility that I will get married when I'm 20 or 22. Do older guys want kids only after couple years of marriage? I personally don't want kids until my late 20s or early 30s. I just feel like they're a huge responsibility and I won't have much time to have fun. Plus, I want to make the most out of my career before having kids. Thoughts?

Shouldn't you be asking your boyfriend these questions????
  • x311Tifa
    x311Tifa Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Hello, my boyfriend is 12 years older than me. There's a possibility that I will get married when I'm 20 or 22. Do older guys want kids only after couple years of marriage? I personally don't want kids until my late 20s or early 30s. I just feel like they're a huge responsibility and I won't have much time to have fun. Plus, I want to make the most out of my career before having kids. Thoughts?

Shouldn't you be asking your boyfriend these questions????

^^ This.
  • Pittshkr_
    Pittshkr_ Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
This discussion has been closed.