What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• treehopper1987
    treehopper1987 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I have no clothes that fit me properly...
  • bmayes2014
    bmayes2014 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Finally fit into a pair of shorts I bought about a year ago that I hid in the back of my closet because I was so embarrassed that none of the three pairs I bought fit. I decided to try them on one day recently and voila!! yaaaaaaaassss!! summer shorts on deck!!
  • forruths
    forruths Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Walking downstairs today and realising I could see the step I was standing on-no tum in the way!!
  • hotasfire36
    hotasfire36 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I have on a pair of pants that i could not fit for years. They are a 12 and not tight. I will be in a size 10 in no time :)
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I never dreamed I would wear size 12, but I do! I tried on several pairs last night and they all fit! Bought 2 pairs of skinny jeans and they look AWESOME! :smiley:

I really, really NEVER EVER DREAMED I would wear size 10, but....size 10, here I come!!!!!
  • bri170lb
    Options
    My youngest daughter said to me, "Mom, when I saw you coming down the hallway this morning I thought, 'She's the skinniest girl in our family!' "

This daughter is 8 inches shorter and 60 pounds lighter than me, so she doesn't have to worry about me catching up with her.

I used to be the heaviest in my family and now I am the 2nd to the lightest!
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    I saw some light between my thighs when standing knee to knee/foot to foot- thats pretty cool!!! And I hit my 60day streak!
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    You know those folding chairs you see on the sidelines at every 5th grade soccer game? I bought myself one years ago. The big one. Super wide seat, holds 400 pounds. And, years ago, I sat comfortably in it. Yesterday, I took the boys to soccer practice. My husband had put the folding chairs in the trunk, but not my big one. I didn't think about it, until I was sitting, sideways, so I could talk to the guy beside me, sitting with my legs folded up in front of me...it was then I realized my hips, tummy, butt, legs...they were all in the small chair. And I was comfortable.

NSV 2: I bought myself a t-shirt, because it was a $1. It was a men's M. I didn't mean to buy it for me, really. more for my son. But, I thought maybe I'd keep it and hope to fit in to it. Last night, I stood, looking at myself in the mirror for 10 minutes, wearing theis t-shirt and a pair of underwear and having a hard time believing it was me. The shirt fit, the underwear was a pair I bought mistakenly thinking it was my size, long ago but they were too small.

Several years ago, my husband actually got irritated with me because he said I always bought the wrong size t-shirts for him. I always bought 2XL when he needed L. And, I brushed it off with "oh, I just thought bigger would be more comfortable." But, really, I bought these big shirts because I wanted plain t-shirts to wear, and I needed that size so they would fit. I just didn't want to admit it. I still wear the 2XL, but, as night gowns. And, yesterday, I was wearing a Medium, that fit perfectly.

Dear Lady,

Consider purchasing yourself some stylin' nightgowns. Donate all of the 2XL t-shirts to Barnum and Bailey.
  • TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I had to take my belt in a notch to keep some previously snug shorts up, so double NSV.
  • caroldavison332
    Options
    1. Dr Joel Fuhrman the nutritionian said that the toxic hunger would stop when I was fully nourished. That happened this week. Three nights with no hunger dinner. I ate a delicous red bell pepper like an apple and some romaine lettuce for nutrition anyway. MFP is telling me to eat more calories. I will continue as I am unless I get really tired.

2. In choosing to commute by car-train-subway1-subway2 or car-bus, I choose the ride that avoid diesel fumes which negatively impact my breathing, and allowed me to walk 6 miles and climb 18 stairs daily and burn 824 calories daily. Happily it was the shorter route!

3. I was very excited that I even considered these things, and didn't just fall into my old routine.
  • caroldavison332
    Options
    MommyMeggo wrote: »
    My jeans are sagging!!

MommyMeggo has drooppy drawers!
  • caroldavison332
    Options
    bri170lb wrote: »
    sonjavon wrote: »
    I've been getting dizzy here and there and I have been having a hard time figuring out why... I took my Blood Pressure, and it's quite low... I think when I go back to the doctor, she may have to lower my blood pressure medication.

This happened to me. Be careful! Getting REALLY dizzy may sneak up on you like it did me. I'm off my blood pressure med now.

SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPALADOCIOUS!
  • caroldavison332
    Options
    Clothing, belt too big?: Consider taking clothing to a tailor to have them taken in. Also, JCPenney has plus sizes. Belt too big? Take a meat fork and stab a hole through it into a cutting board, and use it until I time to purchase a new belt.
  • whatang
    whatang Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    My brother has started C25K after seeing how much weight I've lost from dieting and running. Super proud of him.
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I normally eat every last calorie I can. I've tried to leave a few "just in case" but I normally ate every one and could not relate to those who complained that they couldn't eat anymore. For about a week, however, that's exactly what's happened. I've been leaving between 100 and 300 calories because I just can't eat another bite (I'm still getting between 1200 and 1400 cals net). I cannot remember a time in my adult life when that has happened before, especially not for an entire week!
  • Ponkeen
    Ponkeen Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Today I went to yoga (also ran/walked about 4 miles). The instructor was new, and ran through the vinyasa sequence quite quickly. I kept up, hit every pose, and even pulled off the dancer and the wheel (two poses I have been unable to do for several years due to my size). Today I did both, and didn't feel uncomfortable or out of place doing the sequence in a room full of skinny women who do yoga. I'm not skinny, but I am increasingly comfortable and happy with my appearance. I am improving.
    About 35 pounds to go, but where I'm at now is so much better than where I was!
  • soufauxgirl
    soufauxgirl Posts: 392 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    taking a full length photo of myself and actually liking what I saw (for once)
  • bri170lb
    Options
    bri170lb wrote: »
    sonjavon wrote: »
    I've been getting dizzy here and there and I have been having a hard time figuring out why... I took my Blood Pressure, and it's quite low... I think when I go back to the doctor, she may have to lower my blood pressure medication.

This happened to me. Be careful! Getting REALLY dizzy may sneak up on you like it did me. I'm off my blood pressure med now.

SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPALADOCIOUS!

Or...you could say it backward which would be...
    SOUICODALAPXECIYSILIGARFILACREPUS...but that would be taking it a bit too far...don't you agree!
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I'm developing a callous on my ring finger from lifting.
    I keep getting free diet sodas at all the local gas stations.
    I fought with myself for 45 mins about going to the gym today as I was dead tired. Got up, got the kiddos and went. Very proud of myself. I would normally have talked myself into going another day, but that's not my plan!
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    My jeans don't fold over and now I have to go buy a belt cause they keep falling down when I walk.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!