What is your go-to breakfast?

1235»

Replies

• ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Oh, and yes pancakes are portable (if you don't need syrup) the chia pudding is made overnight. :)
  • billy_mireles
    billy_mireles Posts: 14 Member
    Bulletproof coffee (coffee made with 1/2 tbls coconut oil and 1 tbls heavy cream blended with an immersion blender [you could probably get a good smooth coffee, @bmireles81 , by blending your whey protein into the hot coffee rather than stirring]) and something low carb. Today it was Pumpkin Pie cream cheese pancakes, but I'm known to have chia pudding or just meat and eggs.

Yes it would probably come out smooth but I'm super lazy. :smiley:
  • teeyuu
    teeyuu Posts: 1 Member
    100g container of yogurt mixed with oats or cereal, or make ahead egg/ham/cheese english muffin sandwiches, wrap them in foil and freeze them and reheat at work/school
  • Truecullers72
    Truecullers72 Posts: 38 Member
    Fage yogurt with berries and a boiled egg
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    I'm pretty boring I do hard boiled eggs most days.
  • TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    omelette with 2-3 large eggs, cheese and sausage or bacon. black coffee
    protein powder, whole milk, creatine, maybe 2 tbsp of peanut butter
    Right around 900 calories and almost 1/2 my protein goal to start the day with.
  • vivelajackie
    vivelajackie Posts: 321 Member
    90% of the time my breakfast is oats and eggs. Throw some breakfast meat in there and you're golden. On our days off we occasionally splurge on breakfast burritos. Om nom nom.
  • arj5150
    arj5150 Posts: 21 Member
    Right now I'm doing 1/2 cup rice, 3 oz diced chicken breast, (made ahead of time and just tossed in a tupperware to go) and a cup of broccoli all mixed up with some Thai garlic chili sauce, soy sauce, whatever. If its going to have to last me more than 8 hrs, I'll throw in a scrambled egg, fried rice style. May seem odd, but I've never been a "sweet" breakfast person. I also don't do wheat (huge eczema trigger for me!), so I am fine with avoiding breads/pastries. For something lighter, I do like greek yogurt and berries.
    Oh, disclaimer, I work 3rd shift. Still trying to figure things out! I eat at 4 am, 9 am and 6 pm, generally. So this is my 9 am meal, right now. I'm aiming for 1300 cals, so I can make this work for 300/400 cals.
  • rshaw11
    rshaw11 Posts: 25 Member
    Multigrain Cheerios, so yummy.
  • SamiHearken
    SamiHearken Posts: 178 Member
    My go to breaky is a smoothie.
    A medium banana, 1 cup of oats, 3 tablespoons of Greek yogurt, and 30g of reduce vanilla protein powder and enough water to cover everything.
    So yummy and filling and I can take it to work and have it in between all the things I have to do in the morning.
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    edited March 2016
    Weekends I make oatmeal pancake/crepe:

Grind a half cup of dry oatmeal into a flour.

Mix with water till it's the consistency you like, and then either dry-grill portions or wipe a non-stick pan with just a drizzle of olive oil and ladle portions of your mix on that. Lately, I like it thin enough to be more crepe-like than pancake-like.

Sometimes I play it up with an egg whipped with vanilla extract or something else. Sometimes I flavor the oat flour with any or all of ground cinnamon, ground ginger, chocolate powder, PB2, almond flour. And I usually have an orange with it.

Weekdays, I have breakfast at my office cafeteria: regular "gloppy" oatmeal and a 2-oz tub of Smuckers peanut butter.

And coffee, no matter what. Always coffee! That's the most important part of breakfast!

Savory variations have the flour flavored up with Mrs. Dash, black pepper, herbes de Provence. Last night, I ripped a slice of Sargento's Pepper Jack cheese and Healthy Ones thin-sliced ham into tiny bits, threw them into the flour and whisked it all up. Added the water and dry-grilled it. Came out pretty well! (And might make for a decent breakfast variation).
  • MaryLouiseHand
    MaryLouiseHand Posts: 14 Member
    I make omelettes in a muffin pan. Just wisk some eggs (or egg whites) and mix in whatever veggies you want. I sometimes add some turkey sausage or turkey bacon. Fill the muffin tin and bake till no longer runny. Very portable and delicious.
  • Strivingforhealth12
    Strivingforhealth12 Posts: 98 Member
    Thanks to all for some great ideas! I am stuck in a rut with a smoothie every morning. They are good, but I think I need some variety.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    It depends on my mood, but usually it's tea and then one of the following:
    *dark chocolate
    *A protein bar
    *Plantain and eggs
    *A poptart
  • llbrixon
    llbrixon Posts: 964 Member
    My Breakfast: Cottage Cheese & Peaches or Vanilla Yogurt with Granola, or Over easy eggs on English muffins. I have a whole grapefruit everyday, I peel it like an orange and eat.
  • MrsMilesy73
    MrsMilesy73 Posts: 6 Member
    I have a few go to's
    A rapid loss shake on skim with a banana and ice to make it really thick, really nice!!
    Flavoured oatmeal. Or traditional and then add a banana and dates. Eggs on toast
  • Onamissionforfit
    Onamissionforfit Posts: 90 Member
    I have a shake it helps me not go over on calories.
  • HayItsRenee
    HayItsRenee Posts: 46 Member
    Coffee is number one for me. I also enjoy fruit, occasionally oatmeal, and very rarely a soy-based vegetarian meal. I'm not a huge breakfast person.
  • katieboo93_
    katieboo93_ Posts: 57 Member
    Pancakes!

2 eggs
    30g Oats
    1 banana
    1tsp vanilla extract
    1tsp cinnamon
    Blueberries