Friends with benefits - One or both usually ending up wanting more
    Booty call...

"Just got home from the bar, wanna come over?"
    "pick me up from the bar, I want you"
    "its been like 2 months, I am free in an hour"
  • Oaneer
    Oaneer Posts: 11
    Options
    He might have other booty calls on the side and doesnt want to commit.
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Can you be friends with benifits for a whole year? Is this considered a booty call? I mean hes my really good friend we dont just meet in a parking lot when we get the urge, its cool we hang out go to eachothers sons b-day parties, know eachothers family members, work together, watch movies, talk about normal stuff not just sex like booty calls usually do, go out to the clubs together and what not. So its been a year now this has been going on and neither one has ever mentioned anything about a relationship to eachother, we just been going with the flow and having fun together. BUT Im curious from a guys point of view, what is this? I mean u can tell we both have feeling for eachother but I been getting the feeling that this will not go no where because its been a whole year of this already, Im not one to rush things at all but just curious why a guy would stick around with me so long but never want anything more especially if we get along so well, no clingyness, we give eachother space its all good??? But lately I been feeling weird, I guess cuz its been so long Im bound to grow feeling to want more with someone. Is he just sticking around because he knows he can get away with having me with no strings attached or is he just scared hmmm...just curious to hear a mans point of view if you guys have ever been in a situation like this? I guess women can answer too :)

Please go watch "He's just not into you" This will pretty much explain it all
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Some build up sex way more than it needs to be...no need to put that on a pedestal
  • DarthCeltic
    DarthCeltic Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    this is called.. unexclusively exclusive.. so your just hanging out.. just together but not.. is eitha divorcee? cause if so.. maybe a bit of resentment to the whole marriage instituition.. so hanging out.. loving it.. etc
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    I say it's either 2 things:

He's scared of an official committment

OR

Obviously, he's into you some but is waiting for something "better" to come along.

Those would be my 2 guesses!!

Not entirely true. It's also a matter of getting something that is seriously lacking in your personal relationship.
    Some build up sex way more than it needs to be...no need to put that on a pedestal

LOL, 40-year old virgin was on TV last night!
  • sent4rmabove23
    Options
    I think you should just talk to him and be straight up because obviously, you're starting to catch feelings and if he doesn't feel the same way about you then maybe it would just be a good idea to stop (because of the emotions involved, of course). Things get complicated once you start having feelings for someone, talk to him and check if you guys are on the same page.
  • tuscaroragal
    tuscaroragal Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I like the guys' responses...I would agree, although you didn't ask for women's opinions...LOL....he is definately a friend with benefits. A booty call is nothing more than what all the guys have said...wham, bam, thank you mam...you are actually spending time with him...if you are happy with what you have, keep it going!! Otherwise, if you are curious about more, have the conversation!
  • HeyLisa
    HeyLisa Posts: 201
    Options
    My opinion.. is that you are in a kind of relationship just by the time you spend together.

But it sounds like it is one not going anywhere. Any healthy relationship requires being open with communication. Being true to yourself and being open about who you are and what you want/need.

I'm not talking about the lovey dovey crap (which can be sweet).. i'm saying if you honestly can't talk to your friend and say "what is this" without fear of him running.. you seriously have nothing worth keeping.
  • DJ31
    DJ31 Posts: 64 Member
    Options

OR

Obviously, he's into you some but is waiting for something "better" to come along.

I would agree with you. I love that picture BTW, lol.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    then every relationship i had was fwb...i have never let emotions get involved...cause i know the end result
  • betsy_blixt
    Options
    I have been in the same situation for a bit longer. We even live together now. Worked together when it all started. We have been friends for about 6 years and messed around for about 4 years. This last year we decided to try dating, bad idea!!!! He was a complete jerk, even worse then a so called friend. We ended it and our relationship has falling back to the way it was before. However I have feelings for him and it really messes with me cause he knows this and can take advantage of me, even if he thinks he isn't. It' really hard to be an exgirlfriend and a best friend. If you are cool with it then cool, but if you get any sort of feelings for him I would step back. It sucks bad to hear he doesn't feel the same why, even if it seems like he does.
  • BethanieK
    BethanieK Posts: 201
    Options
    If you guys are as good of friends as you claim to be, why not just ask him? There shouldn't be any weird awkwardness, if you really are that close.
    However, if you're not ready to decide where YOU want the relationship to go, then you should probably keep quiet.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    I am available for extensive testing so ladies can determine the question for themselves.

:tongue:
  • flgirlsteph
    flgirlsteph Posts: 125 Member
    Options

OR

I would agree with you. I love that picture BTW, lol.

Agreed...
  • TayJoMama
    TayJoMama Posts: 348 Member
    Options

Please go watch "He's just not into you" This will pretty much explain it all

THIS!
  • thkelly
    thkelly Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Booty Call-Girl you know that you toss one into at random aka FitFrenchGirl

FWB-Exactly as stated, someone you are friends with that you like but are not either mentally ready or THAT interested in to take it beyond the physical level aka Becks1030 & Paintmelucky

you're a total douche JTuner
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options

OR

I would agree with you.

Agreed...
    I disagree with this....I don't think he's waiting for better to come along.....I think he's quite comfortable with you, just as you are with him....so until he actually has to do something about it, in his mind it's perfectly fine. So, if you're looking for more, and that is the impression we're getting here, one of you would have to be the one to step up and talk about it.
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    bump