How do you feel about veganism?

Options

Replies

• rochrok
    rochrok Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm currently going vegetarian for weight loss and general health. I know I will eat meat again in the future but not like I used to and right now I'm happy without meat. I also have protein shakes and multivitamins to make up for whatever I could be missing.

Like everyone else already said. It doesn't matter to me what other people eat. Just as long as they are not acting childish whenever I or someone else eat meat and they're willing to leave the sermon at the door. I don't care.
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    I think it's good for those who want to do it but it's not for me.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Personally I wouldn't go vegan, but if it works for you, go for it! I'm glad I've never run into those types of vegans who get overly angry when they see people eating animal products, though.

Lucky. I am at the gym a lot and am around tons of people who like different diets and are sure theirs is the best. Honestly I wish I could go vegan but I can't because I take a life saving medication that contains mouse proteins (grown in a lab) and my diet is so restrictive for medical reasons that if I chose a plant based diet all i could eat are a few pureed cooked veggies, bananas, applesauce, soy, white carbs and "junk" food. That's not healthy or doable for me unfortunately. It sucks when you get pressured but can't do it without putting yourself in serious risk.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Whatever suits your boat.

I actually stopped eating meat for a couple years in high school, as I hated my mom's cooking and only liked the high calorie 'meats' like sausage, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to just say I didn't want to eat meat again. My diet was total crap though. Hated my mom's veggies too and it was really hard to find things I could eat when we went out. I lost 20 pounds or something very fast but it came back eventually because I just ate cookies instead.... then I just said forget it and started eating meat again because it was just impossible to find tasty food without meat when I was eating out all the time (that was 20 years ago in France).

• FitnessPrincess9
    FitnessPrincess9 Posts: 27 Member
    Options

Lucky. I am at the gym a lot and am around tons of people who like different diets and are sure theirs is the best. Honestly I wish I could go vegan but I can't because I take a life saving medication that contains mouse proteins (grown in a lab) and my diet is so restrictive for medical reasons that if I chose a plant based diet all i could eat are a few pureed cooked veggies, bananas, applesauce, soy, white carbs and "junk" food. That's not healthy or doable for me unfortunately. It sucks when you get pressured but can't do it without putting yourself in serious risk.[/quote]

I am very sorry about that, but I am not one of those people. I started this topic just to see what other people think because I do value other people's opinions. Veganism was my own choice and I feel like everyone has the choice to live the way the want. If it works for you great, if it's not your things, than that's also great.
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Sort of off topic but I remember a poster who vehemently hated all vegans and most vegetarians. It was just so bizarre. I haven't seen her in quite a while though.

It's pretty much like everyone else said: There's a few annoying people in every group. Nothing wrong with being vegan!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I don't feel anything. People should eat any way they like. I like lots of different foods, including meat.

ETA: If people happen to like a way of eating that obviously isn't good for them physically and/or mentally, I may want to suggest that they reconsider.
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    Thoughts???

Seriously thinking about going vegan after seeing this. Is it propoganda?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZDsSnpYZrw
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    According to some video game I just played, 'meat gives 100 health'. No mention of veggies though. I like health.
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Unless I develop a terrible food intolerance, going vegan isn't for me. However, I think being an ovo-lacto vegetarian would be acceptable if I had ethical concerns about eating animals. As long as the chickens and dairy cows are treated well, and you have no food intolerances/allergies, I can see no reason not to eat eggs or dairy products!

My new fav... Awesome Santori MONTAMORÉ cheese. So good!! :p

hkihilv01cle.png
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I don't care what people choose to eat.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    I keep my eyes on my own plate. <nods>
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I don't mind if others are vegan.

I would want to hunt for my own meat, or purchase from farmers that maintain their livestock ethically.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    sndarling9 wrote: »
    I'm an eighteen year old girl who has been vegan for 2 months now. I love the lifestyle and will most likely be on it for the rest of my life. I don't feel deprived, my skin is clearer and I'm
    Losing weight. How do you feel about veganism?

I don't care what other people eat if they aren't snotty about it and are meeting their nutritional needs.

My lifestyle includes animal products. I enjoy vegetarian meals often but will probably never be vegan.
  • KittiesGoMew
    KittiesGoMew Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian (not sure if I could be a vegan), but honestly I don't mind at all. If it feels right for you then by all means do it. The same way I feel about people that eat meat. I don't judge. The only thing I ever really care about is whether someone tries to force their views/lifestyle on me. I don't do it to you, so please don't do it to me. It's about respect both ways ^^
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,568 Member
    Options
    Personally, I don't care how anyone eats. I just care about how I and my family eat.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • lagoscarrie
    lagoscarrie Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I've been a pescatarian for more than half my life. (A friend calls me a "fish and chipocrite!" LOL) I have never missed meat, gone hungry, or had trouble planning a menu. I could easily go without seafood as well-- but I admit I would miss cheese!
  • babybellyfat
    babybellyfat Posts: 1,102 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I'm not vegan I'm lacto ovo vegetarian! I don't eat any meat or fish but dairy and eggs! I love my almond milk!! But I love cheese and egg! I try not to have them often! I hope to be a vegan someday! I once was a meat eater a few years ago. I have no problem with vegans, vegetarian or meat eaters! In fact all my family and friends eat me but me.
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    It's definitely not for me. And going vegan, like any restrictive diet, would unnecessarily complicate nutrition.

That said, if you like it, do it.