Tell me what you've done today that's made you feel proud of yourself!

Options

Replies

• Terraforcejenny
    Terraforcejenny Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am taking a FULL STOP rest day.

It's been a struggle to do this, but my muscles are sore, I'm low on sleep, and the idea of doing cardio is in my mind but I am trying to rest so I can lift tomorrow.

In addition, I added up my week's calories, and my deficit isnt' as low as I'd like. To keep in line with that, I would have had to have like...a meal bar, and quit for the night.

I told myself "eating for your goal is better than trying to cut 600+ calories in a day with no activity, c'mon now" and am left with a solid 500 for dinner tonight.

Feels pretty good!
  • IncredibleShrinkingSandy
    Options
    I walked to the store instead of driving.
    I resisted lots of delicious treats while at the grocery store.
  • badnoodle
    badnoodle Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I did my 20 Minutes Hate on the bike even though I reeeeealy didn't want to.
  • Livgetfit
    Livgetfit Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I'll get the ball rolling!

Despite not feeling 100% (full of cold) I went to the gym and did an ab class - only three people turned up including me!

Happy I went :)

Well done you. I got up before 7am and went for a 7.5km powerwalk. The sun was up and Sydney harbour looked beautiful.

I also tracked my run using Charity Miles so I raised some money for the Michael J Fox Foundation while I sweated it all out.
  • Livgetfit
    Livgetfit Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    ki4eld wrote: »
    Had a massive allergic reaction end of last week and did essentially nothing for 2 days (and not much more than nothing for 2 more). Still came in over goal for steps and on target for calorie deficit. I lost weight and didn't freak out too much at the daily missed goals. Slowly moving into the "weekly goals" mindset.

Not freaking out is a massive accomplishment IMO. I tend to worry a lot and I have to reward myself when I do not lose my cool during this process
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    13000 sreps.
  • Minyo67
    Minyo67 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I skipped dinner tonight because I knew I ate most of my glories during the day. I wasn't hungry, but usually I would eat anyways and go over my count. I lost 2 pounds this week from following this practice and sticking with the count :)
  • Xxlune
    Xxlune Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I went to work by bike, even though it was raining :) (mainly because I just want a dessert tonight, but hey, it's something)
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    Today I finally have my M5 put together, I took a day of work even though a day off on the couch would have been nice, and I actually used the machine for 10 minutes before work. So basically I took what would have been a super lazy day and made it a busier one.

Im experiencing female hormone discomfort mid cycle as well which has me confused and uncomfortable but I'm powering through the day. I hope I can start hitting 10k steps a day, should be easier with my exercise boost this morning (been getting 8k consistently until today). But I'm proud of myself for getting out of bed, and I'm proud of my movement so far today.
  • blancoms
    blancoms Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    This isn't quite something I personally did today, but a result of my last 45 days of work.
    I got hit on at the store this morning. That hasn't happened in probably two years. I've lost 20 pounds so I assume that has something to do with it, haha. Maybe its becoming more noticeable to others, and that is only motivation for me to keep working at it!
  • carolerunsalot
    carolerunsalot Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I woke up at 4:30 am and did day 7 of Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. 23 days to go!

BTW - love this post and everyone of you is inspiring me to do something else good today!
  • missblondi2u
    missblondi2u Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I beat my fastest pace for my morning run, for the third time in a row!!

And by doing so, I'm putting all of those "extra" weekend calories to good use :) Yay for chocolate!!
  • HisRedAngel
    HisRedAngel Posts: 13 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I love seeing posts like this. Great job everyone!

I recently hit half way in my pregnancy and hit my goal of 8lbs at half way.
    This may seem small but for someone who had abs before pregnancy this was a huge deal for me.
    Still can't tell I'm pregnant yet
  • shandapanda610
    shandapanda610 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Looking for buddies! Been training for 5k, and want a community.
  • WeekendWarriorTX
    WeekendWarriorTX Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    Even though I was sore from the land nav and ruck march I did with my unit this weekend, I still made it to the gym this morning for my workout.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Well I usually get up an hour early to exercise, but this morning my body was not feeling it. I got back in the bed and slept for an hour. I am feeling guilty, but I will make it up when I get home. I am proud that I did not push myself when my body was saying you need to rest.
  • stefanie18810
    stefanie18810 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I went for a quick run (starting the C25k) at lunch, and still went to my boxing group class after work. :)
  • chulipa
    chulipa Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Left the 200lbs and now weigh 199lbs havent seen that in many years it was my goal to break out of the 200s and i did
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    I broke up with my scale and did 12 pikes in a Trx. 6 weeks ago I couldn't do three.