30 Day Shred Starting Monday June 20th

Options

Replies

• ypena78
    ypena78 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 2 of the shred. I always start out feeling like i'm going to die, but then by the end I start to feel stronger.

Does anyone else find the squat and press really difficult? I can't usually press, I just hold my arms at 90 degrees with the weights.

Also, for anyone with On-Demand tv, some of them have levels 1 and 2 of the shred for free in the fitness and nutrition section! That's how I've been doing it.

Another thing: I don't have a HRM, but I've been logging this activity as 200 calories. I'm a 5'11" female at 196, does that sound like a reasonable burn?

Actually doing Jillian Michaels Level 1 of the 30 day shred is 251 calories burned. I looked it up & everywhere I have seen it, it is at 251 so you are burning more than you think..
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 2 of the shred. I always start out feeling like i'm going to die, but then by the end I start to feel stronger.

Does anyone else find the squat and press really difficult? I can't usually press, I just hold my arms at 90 degrees with the weights.

Also, for anyone with On-Demand tv, some of them have levels 1 and 2 of the shred for free in the fitness and nutrition section! That's how I've been doing it.

Another thing: I don't have a HRM, but I've been logging this activity as 200 calories. I'm a 5'11" female at 196, does that sound like a reasonable burn?

Actually doing Jillian Michaels Level 1 of the 30 day shred is 251 calories burned. I looked it up & everywhere I have seen it, it is at 251 so you are burning more than you think..

Thats awesome! Thanks for the info.
  • Cella30
    Cella30 Posts: 539 Member
    Options

I would agree. I'm only 5'3" and practically a midget so I probably don't burn as many as you.

Oh and ps. I agree, I always feel like I'm going to die in the beginning too. lol My favorite part of the workout is her hip rolls during the warm up. Why couldn't it be 25 minutes of that? haha
  • cathyg18
    cathyg18 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Did day one yesturday. YOWZA! She is one bad @ss! She kicked mine gave it back to me and kicked it some more. My legs are pretty sore today, but not as bad as I thought they would be. The ab work was the toughest for me. (That's where I need all the work.) Going for day 2 tonight after work. :happy:
  • NewVonnie
    NewVonnie Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Holy crap..day 2 done..OY...I'm half dead. I was sore from yesterday before I even started so lifting my arms above my head was awful..lol..ouch..but I got through.YAY..it's gonna be a long 30 days..but hopefully worth it. I measured every body part imaginable before I started so we'll see what the results are.
  • madivp
    madivp Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    wow took me longer to find this thread then it does the work out. I cant believe this but I am going to take a before and after picture of me so I hope I make it the 30 days.....and I hope I am so proud of myself I show you the pictures LOL but dont count on it:laugh: The worst part for me was the jumping jacks I found out how uncordinted I am : god if a peeking tom would of been looking in my window I would of been charged with manslaughter, casue he would of laughed himself to death. glad they dont want us to take a viedo of ourselves. :embarassed:
  • Janet39
    Janet39 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Day 2 down, and I am starting to feel the difference, my arms are like lead.

Just wondering, how heavy the weights are that everyone is using, I am using 1 lb.

I really hate the bit in the middle where you go from star jumps to skipping, and back again. I think my heart is on its way out of my chest, lol.
  • juliemval
    juliemval Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Did day 2 today, wasn't as bad as I thought and I did better than day 1 but tonight I had my daughter running around my trying to get me to pick her up lol She didn't want to go to bed and then half way through I put her to bed, guess I wore her out :) I wasn't sore today but I know I will be when I get up.

I'm not using weights right now since I don't have them but when I attempt to do this workout from time to time I usually use 1 lb and then go up to 5 and if those are to hard I go back to 1 lb...

Our stuff gets here in 8 days!@%@$!@!#$% I'm a little exited, never thought I would miss my scale this much <3

Good luck to everybody!!!
  • lambchop1042
    lambchop1042 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    WOW! Day 1 level 1 down. I did not think it was going to be so hard. Forget about walking tomorrow, I'm having trouble just standing up right now! I'm using 3 lb. weights btw. My lower half is ON FIRE! AHHH, but I love it. I know that's my weak spot so I'm so pumped to change it for the better. I took my measurements and before pics so hopefully by the end of the 30 days I'll be confident enough to share them. Good luck everyone! Rest up!!
  • tamiesue2
    tamiesue2 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I just saw this post but I am in, I will start tomorrow so I will be a couple days behind but thats ok!!!. I gained instead of losing the last couple of months and I really need to get my butt moving!!
  • jalapenos
    jalapenos Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    L1D2~ done! now can someone please come over and pick me up off the floor?!?! :sick:
  • vetsnatural
    vetsnatural Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    day 2 level 1 done. A little problems with the cardio part but modified a little and did a cardio that didnt limit me. Feeling good and now to go to bed and get my 90 mins of cardio in , on the track at 5am. Goodnight and happy Shredding!
  • tamiesue2
    tamiesue2 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I am getting ready to do L1D1, my starting weight with my weigh in this morning is 174, I will use my measurements from Monday

Waist 37.5
    Hips 44
    Neck 14.25

Enjoy your workouts today everyone!!
  • Cella30
    Cella30 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I think we have two threads going - come over here and post if you want!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/267453-6-20-30-day-shred?page=3#posts-3576485
  • wishn2binAZ
    wishn2binAZ Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Day 2 @ level 1 done! Woke up a little sore after yesterday's butt kicking and mowing the yard. Tonight we have Family Night at my son's Boy Scout camp and we are doing a potluck style meal for our troop. That means way too much yummy food :ohwell: It also means that we will be doing some hiking to burn off the extra calories:happy:
  • Janet39
    Janet39 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Thats me done for today, my endurance is getting slightly better. I am modifying slightly less which is good.

I am so red, I match my cerise T-shirt.

I talked my husband into trying it as it is raining outside, and he doesn't want to go running.
  • ypena78
    ypena78 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Wowza!! I am on Day3 Level1 of the shred, have to say not as bad. I am feeling great. If you would like to have the extreme effect on your body. I am doing Jillian Michaels Kickboxing cardio on Wednesday with the 30 day shred to kind of break up the cycle so my body wont get too use to a routine. Jillian Michaels says that it is good to break up your routine a bit. so we shall see how much effect I get off of this.. but I will be dead by tomorrow.and because I did the kickboxing I only have to go walk for 30 minutes,YAY!!! but Jillian is kicking my *kitten*, but I will show her in the end.......Keep on going peeps, dont give up if I can do it then so can you
  • cocodp
    cocodp Posts: 164
    Options
    So yesterday was supposed to be my day 2 but due to "stuff" i couldn't get a workout in before hubby came home. I did convince him to go for a walk though and we did a pretty brisk one for 1/2 hour so I guess that made up for it a little.

Today is supposed to be day 3 and again I won't be able to do it because of personal commitments tonight...am i subconsciously sabotaging myself???? <<UGH>> I just want to do this!

Maybe I'll try to wake up early tomorrow morning to do it...who else here does it in the AM?
  • kissandxmakeup
    Options
    ugh. I feel like such a bum! I have all of her DVDs (including 30DS) and I want to do this so bad with you guys! I've been trying to get over a severe sinus infection and I am like completely drained. I don't care what happens, I'm doing this with you guys, I just might be a few days behind! Keep up the excellent work you guys!!! I'm so proud of all of you!!!! :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • jalapenos
    jalapenos Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Ttoday I would have been on level 1 day 3 but I skipped it because I worked my butt off in the backyard and I have such a headache now. Tomorrow I will do day 3. WTG everyone!