WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2016

Options

Replies

• oceanmelody
    oceanmelody Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Oh Sylvia, I also am horrified!!! Hope they find the kitty and the perpetrator...
    Betty
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Sylvia, that is so terrible. Why are some people so heartless that they would do something like that just for sport. I try to always see things in a positive way so maybe they were shooting at something else and the poor kitty was collateral damage.

I am turning in real early tonight. With my echocardiogram tomorrow morning at 8 and have to be there by 7:45, then doctor's appointment at 10:15. Then my sister is meeting me at 1 PM. So early to bed tonight.

Lisa, I hope everything works out.

Joyce, Indiana
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,145 Member
    Options
    Sylvia - that is horrible!
  • silverstar65
    silverstar65 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Karma will get the person or persons that did that to the kitten. :(
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    katla - I waved at you about 40 minutes after you waved goodbye to Pip! Too bad you didn't have time to stop for coffee! But not to worry I raised a cup to you and hubby!coffee-drinker-smiley-emoticon.gif
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Minn we had a golden retriever shot 6 times, he lived. The dog is up for adoption, 200 people applied. Why do people act this way n why don't our laws throw these people in jail or shoot them 6 times?

Haven't post lately, really bad sinus infection! Can't shake it even with meds. Told DH I need a sandy warm beach. Gayle Minneapolis
  • mtowne002
    mtowne002 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Sylvia, I so comismerate with your despair and anger about the cruelty of people! That just has me steaming! Poor poor baby!
    I've been having a rough coup,e of days. It began yesterday with a wonderful walk with my DSIL Becky and I walking around a beautiful water fowl filled pond at DW park in Brockton. Not a nice city at all..about the worst but w a little prudence...Becky has her firearms liscence and carries a gun, mace and a knife...we still go and enjoy the remaining good parts. The really amazing thing about the walk is normally if I can even make it..it's only a little over two miles but hilly..I am having a huge issue w my asthma and not only sound like a duck call the whole time but my legs are so tired I fear them collapsing on the final downhill. Yesterday I could have skipped the whole thing with not a wheeze to be found! It was EXHILERATING! We just couldn't get over it!
    Then I went to work which went well also but very very busy. Combined I totaled 14000 steps the most I've made yet..and boy did I feel it! Almost fell asleep,downstairs snuggling the bloodhound! Finally crashed around 1:30 am for real in my bed only to be joined an hour later by my drunk daughter..she usually smokes pot which I hate also...but she kindly threw up all over my bed and floor nonstop. After about four hours of puking I resentfully took her to the hospital....I am resentful because this is not our first nor second time doing this. AND I was due in to work at noon for a long shift from which we desperately needed the money. Once they got her on an IV w anti nausea meds. Oh did I mention she soiled herself in the waiting room and it got all over everything? I crawled home trying to get two hours sleep so maybe I could work. But I just couldn't.
    I probably sound and am being a tad mean about it all but it is so frustrating being the only one to work not being able to make the bills and have her somehow afford alcohol so she can demolish my days earnings. I talked to the dr but she isn't bad enough to commit. Ugg!
    She's such a sweet kid, and I first hand understand that addiction is a disease but I am so stressed out about this! I was too exhausted to excersize all day.
    Still logging every bite every cough drop was way under calories yesterday so over today won't kill me. Made it to the library to check out their dad collection tonight.
    Sorry for the rant. I just need a good pity party cry I think.
    Love you all
    Mindy
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,618 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day
    ride hm 2 gym- 12.36min, 14.1amph, 148mhr, 2.9mi = 115c
    spin- 43min, 86ar, 110aw, 11-14g, 135ahr, 156mhr, 18.1mi = 406c
    ride gym 2 dome- 7.59min, 10.8amph, 145mhr 1.4mi = 101c
    ride dome 2 hm- 18.43min, 8.5amph, 150mhr, 2.6mi = 182c
    Total cal 804
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,643 Member
    Options
    Hi gals,

Alison – great job!

Heather – So glad for your DS – I know it is a bit of a worry off of you too!
    Beautiful picture

Pip - I have heard of that - hope this works!!!!

Sylvia – how horrid!!! Thank you for stopping to help

Janetr – I want that sign!!!!

Mindy - ((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))) can I be bold and suggest Al Anon, it really helps for family dealing with an alcoholic.

Kim from N. California
  • pipcd34
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Godmomkim- pt is it helping Kirby right now. He's got what they call a frozen shoulder. They're going to put him under to see if manipulating the shoulder will work. If not, he will use a laser to cut the score tissue off and then he'll be in a sling for two days or so. After that aggressive therapy five days a week

My hairdresser's husband (also a hairdresser) had a frozen shoulder and went to a myopractor. It was almost miraculous how quickly he improved and he was fully recovered in almost no time, no surgery required. If it were me, I would try this before going under the knife, but then, I don't do well with anesthesia.

Kristan

He's actually not going under the knife. They are going to put him under and the doc will see if he can manipulate his shoulder and if he sees he might damage the shoulder, they are gonna poke a couple of holes in him and remove the scar tissue with a lazor
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Sylvia: Bless you for trying to find the injured kitty.

Mindy: You have the patience of a saint. I echo Kim's suggestion about Al Anon. It saved me.

I'm heading to bed early. Want to meditate before sleep. DH will take me to airport at 6 AM tomorrow, and then it will be an intense few days running a conference. Can't wait till this week is over.

Stay well friends. We can do this.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills
  • kimses2
    kimses2 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hi -- my husband and I went to a Sushi making class tonight. Very fun! He was better at it than I was even though he can't even boil water. I have so many ideas now on what to put in a sushi roll.

Did P90x3 MMX for 30 minutes today.
    Other than that, it was a low key day.

Thinking of that poor cat Sylvia. I will give my little furry friends extra hugs tonight.

Kimses in MA
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Mindy, feel so sorry for you. Yes, she is taking advantage of you. My brother and his wife only had one child. He was a minister at the time and he was spoiled by numerous church members in whatever church they were at. Plus My SIL is a little petite thing and Matt started out a big kid and just kept on growing. So even if she had the need to put him over her knees and give him a spanking, she physically could not do it. And my brother would take care of it when he got home but a punishment needs to be done at the time of the offense. He grew up knowing that his parents or grandparents would always give in to him. My brother would call me and say they had given in and given him a cell phone with strict instructions that Matt had to pay the monthly bills. Well we all knew how that would work out and I am sure my brother and SIL knew also. So this teenager eventually started pot, and eventually worked himself up to heroin and was really addicted. He pimped himself out, sold, stole, anything he could to get his fix. My brother and SIL finally wised up and kicked him out of the house. He eventually got caught one to many times and was then considered a felon. God was on our side and the judge assigned him to an inpatient rehab center instead of prison. But if he violated any of the rules of the center he knew he had to finish his time in prison. Well by the grace of God, this amazing kid did the task, he actually excelled in it, became a mentor to many men. He has been out over a year now, is a motivational speaker, has not only a clean life style without drugs but works at Planet Fitness and has totally changed himself inside and out. He is a fantastic guy now. But his parents had to make that first step in kicking him out. It was the hardest thing they have had to do. In his homeless state and as sick as he was, they even had to pick out his funeral clothes because they had no idea if he would live. They had to treat him like a criminal when he came to visit them during the day. Empty all pockets, hats, socks and shoes. Pretty much a strip down. Could only go in one bedroom which was stripped down of anything he could steal or use as a weapon. When night time came they provided him with a pillow and blanket to live in his car with, that is until he had no car. But he still had the pillow and blanket which are two of his prized possessions right now. So keep the faith. She can turn around. I have another nephew that did it completely on his own. Well he admitted himself to an inpatient center. He has now been clean since 1999 and was able to present Matt with his one year sober chip. Meant the world to both of my nephews and all of us. Alan took the chip around to each of the families at Christmas time and had us pray over it, think good thoughts over it, whatever we wanted to do. And then he presented it to Matt. Quite a moving experience.

I was going to go to bed! Nite nite, Joyce, Indiana
  • tryingtolive1
    tryingtolive1 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Good night ladies. Love all the activity in the group. So happy to see all the great things that are happening for some of you and the successful weight loss.

SYLVIA can't imagine how you feel after seeing that poor cat. People can be so cruel to animals and their fellow human beings.

MINDY sorry that you are going through this. My father refused to go get help for years. There was nothing we could do the system was no help at all. You are in my thoughts.

Sorry I have not been posting but trying to focus on my eating since I am a non eater with emotional stress. Trying to push myself to eat but the nausea can be overwhelming. Feels like I have a stomache bug when I go through this.

Good night to all of you. Hugs for any of you who needs one tonight.

Anne from Wisconsin
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »

Janetr – I want that sign!!!!

Kim from N. California

It was in a Collections Etc. Catalog (online too) for $14.99. Thot of you when I saw it. :)

Janetr okc
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Poerava14 wrote: »
    Sylvia: Bless you for trying to find the injured kitty.

Mindy: You have the patience of a saint. I echo Kim's suggestion about Al Anon. It saved me.

I'm heading to bed early. Want to meditate before sleep. DH will take me to airport at 6 AM tomorrow, and then it will be an intense few days running a conference. Can't wait till this week is over.

Stay well friends. We can do this.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills

Good thoughts that the conference goes smoothly. I'm sure it will

Janetr okc

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,368 Member
    Options
    Sylvia - wasn't it sad about Carson in DA? How can anyone in their right mind do something like that to a cat?

pip - you're another person with a big heart. Kirby loves you so much, but it's OK to remember and continue to love Lenny. I'm sure Kirby doesn't mind one bit. Tell him good luck on the surgery. I'm sure it can't come fast enough

Hey, can I join the 5'2" club even tho I'm only 5'1"

Well, one month down of this "no driving", only 5 more to go. I have to say, Vince has been fantastic. Today he took me to the extremepump class. I'm afraid, tho, that his having to drive me everywhere and then wait for me is going to put weight on him. See, he isn't into exercise at all, so what did he do while I was at the extremepump class? Went to McD's. He took me to play mahjongg and what did he do after ceramics and before he picked me up at 9? Went to Udderly Delicious (ice cream)

Lisa - congrats on the interview. One question, how is there no relocation if the job is in Raleigh? Will you be doing the job from home?

Marcelyn - my sinuses are acting up. Happens all the time around this time of year when the weather changes. Then I can be assured that it'll happen again in October

angelamary - where is your husband going? What kind of work does he do?

Heather - congrats to your son. Great picture

Becca - how wonderful about your sister!

Tomorrow we have a Newcomer board meeting. Actually, it was originally scheduled for late Feb but they didn't have a quarum so it's scheduled for tomorrow. Then Wed. is the Newcomer general meeting. We're having this board meeting so that the budget can be adopted before the general meeting. Then in the evening I have Rummikub which will be at my neighbor's house so I can walk there.

Michele in NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,961 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    :)
  • pipcd34
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Welcome home barbiecat nite peeps
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,961 Member
    Options
    1823142haz1jke38p.gif Home, sweet, home We are so happy to be here again with our whole family. We woke up at 3 AM and were on the road by 5 and home by noon. Jake is an awesome driver and took us safely through heavy rain followed by snow over Snoqualmie Pass. First we picked up the dogs and I took each of them for a long walk, then I picked up Bernie. With determination, I was able to get to 11,000 steps and complete the challenge I set for myself to walk at least 10,000 steps a day during this trip that had so much sitting down time.

:) Here is one of the pictures I took of Spokane Falls when I took a walk over the weekend.
    8wipwdwwkd4d.jpg

<3 Barbie from NW Washington---home, at last, from also beautiful Eastern Washington