Share your Go-to food or technique when you want to eat the whole kitchen...:)

Options
Interested to see others "Go-to save me" foods or just techniques for getting past still wanting a little something.
Some days are harder than others..

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Dill pickles. The flavour punch really satisfies my need for something to kick me in the tastebuds, they're super low calories and once you've eaten one (or two, or three...) you don't really want anything sweet.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    Warm liquid of some kind. Hot chocolate usually.
  • Buildingit3157
    Buildingit3157 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    MommyL2015 wrote: »
    Warm liquid of some kind. Hot chocolate usually.

Oh I can see that working..
  • Buildingit3157
    Options
    Dill pickles. The flavour punch really satisfies my need for something to kick me in the tastebuds, they're super low calories and once you've eaten one (or two, or three...) you don't really want anything sweet.

I'll remember this thank you!
  • endlessfall16
    endlessfall16 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    During the first week I kept a box of cashews. *Before* I got really hungry I preemptively ate a handful, drank warm tea. I also like boil eggs, avocado, sticky rice.

I no longer have that eat the whole kitchen craving after the first week.
  • Buildingit3157
    Options
    During the first week I kept a box of cashews. *Before* I got really hungry I preemptively ate a handful, drank warm tea. I also like boil eggs, avocado, sticky rice.

I no longer have that eat the whole kitchen craving after the first week.

Oh I've been on my journey for a year or so.. not my first cruise haha.. I've lost 14 lbs...10 before mfp, just wondering WHAT you people do...as a female there are times when the struggle is real even after you've nourished your bod. Thanks for ideas!!:)
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I'll pop open a diet soda.
  • nlkklrocks
    nlkklrocks Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Seltzer with lots of lime or lemon, a few really good olives (the intense flavor seems to help), I've also started having a variety of herbal teas at night to replace a glass of wine. I also have a piece of super (super) dark chocolate with less than a gram of sugar per piece at night if things get crazy. Sometimes taking a nice hot bath helps distract me too :)
  • MrsSylvie
    MrsSylvie Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    food: a couple squares of gorp energy squares that have m&m like chocolate pieces in them usually works for me.
    if not, than 'i' vape a nicotine free strawberry milkshake ejuice that i made just for those times (not recommended if not a vaper or smoker).

my husband's technique is to chews on cinnamon toothpicks, he definitely has stop snacking so much since he started doing that to keep his mind off of food.
  • Mandi98U
    Mandi98U Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I either eat something high in protein or really low in calories so I can have a lot of it (like celery) or if I don't have the calories to eat something right then, I usually busy myself and do some gross house chores that will ruin my appetite like scrubbing the shower or cleaning the fridge or microwave. I sometimes pre log that bunch of junk I want to eat when I feel like that and then seeing the numbers just ruins it for me so I don't eat it.
  • walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Warm chicken broth and 2-3 oz. of rotisserie chicken (white meat) or 2 oz. buffalo chicken lunch meat, 1/2 c. 2% Greek yogurt.
  • Buildingit3157
    Options
    Seltzer with lots of lime or lemon, a few really good olives (the intense flavor seems to help), I've also started having a variety of herbal teas at night to replace a glass of wine. I also have a piece of super (super) dark chocolate with less than a gram of sugar per piece at night if things get crazy. Sometimes taking a nice hot bath helps distract me too :)

Thanks for your help info!:)
  • Buildingit3157
    Options
    food: a couple squares of gorp energy squares that have m&m like chocolate pieces in them usually works for me.
    if not, than 'i' vape a nicotine free strawberry milkshake ejuice that i made just for those times (not recommended if not a vaper or smoker).

my husband's technique is to chews on cinnamon toothpicks, he definitely has stop snacking so much since he started doing that to keep his mind off of food.

Thanks for the ideas!
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    i always have cooked and raw veggies prepared and ready to eat in my fridge that i can grab and stuff myself on
  • AmigaMaria001
    AmigaMaria001 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I keep sugarless gum around for just such occasions.
    When that doesn't work - I make a great big salad with balsamic vinegar and a drizzle of olive oil. I eat it slowly so I'm actually eating for about 30 minutes. Just keeping myself eating for those 30 minutes helps to curb the appetite for sweets and chips. (Which I love both dearly)
    I also bush my teeth immediately after eating and believe it or not, that helps.
    When all else fails, I make a cup of hot coffee with 1% milk and a drop of vanilla - then I sip it slowly.
  • raindawg
    raindawg Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I've been doing this long enough to recognize when the temptation devil is about to win and I'm going to do something stupid. In those cases I grab a low fat yogurt 170 calories, or a mini bagel 100 calories. Those seem to hold me over long enough to come back to my senses.
  • Michaelg235
    Michaelg235 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I have a dehydrator so I usually just have banana chips If not that gum or Carrots
  • Buildingit3157
    Options
    raindawg wrote: »
    I've been doing this long enough to recognize when the temptation devil is about to win and I'm going to do something stupid. In those cases I grab a low fat yogurt 170 calories, or a mini bagel 100 calories. Those seem to hold me over long enough to come back to my senses.

Great choices! I might start making chocolate almond milk chia seed pudding again...I remember it being delicious and full of protein...tastes like pudding! I have to trick myself
  • maplesyrup10
    maplesyrup10 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I like to eat a few slices of turkey lunch meat (I dip it in Buffalo sauce, my fav). And if I trust myself, I grab a handful of what I'm craving and walk away. Eat it SLOWLY! Then move on.
  • Buildingit3157
    Options
    I have a dehydrator so I usually just have banana chips If not that gum or Carrots

Oh a dehydrator..I'd love to make some jerky! Are those expensive?