You Know You're Losing Weight When.....

Options

Replies

• Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    When I have to keep standing up because the chair is too hard.
    When my bony ankles bruise me in my sleep
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    . . . . . you're on a long car journey and you have to stop to rest your bottom . . . . . which now has sooooo much less padding!!!! :D:D
  • SparkyTinman
    SparkyTinman Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Not too far into my journey, but my bra is no longer a weapon! I can wear it now without feeling like it is a medieval torture truss.
  • Tyler2020Mike
    Tyler2020Mike Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    When I'm no longer tugging on my shirt to hide my fat. I used to wear jackets when it was spring, just to hide, and now I walk out the door with just a shirt.
  • Tyler2020Mike
    Tyler2020Mike Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    When your doctor wants to post your picture for being a star patient. She printed a graph of where I was when I started (prior to MFP) and I am down a total of 80lbs now.

Have lost 4 pant sizes. I can jump without hurting myself! I can walk for a long, long time without getting winded. And best of all, my daughters said "mom, you have an hourglass figure!"

Sounds like a blessing indeed. I recall the same -- I used to be winded just walking down the stairs, let alone going from one room to the other, but now, I can walk for hours and want more.
  • ramos10_2
    ramos10_2 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    when your friends ask you why you wear the same pants all the time (only ones that fit! donated the ones that were too large) and jeans are rather pricey
  • hamstertango
    hamstertango Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    It's not just getting smaller clothes (which is fabulous!)...before every top I ever owned HAD to be long enough to cover my hips and backside, now the clothes are smaller and show off my hips and backside on purpose!
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    When my underwear started falling down lol. I was out shopping, and wearing a dress. I actually had to hold on to them over my clothes.
  • svkalra
    svkalra Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    when its okay to be seen without a shirt on
  • plectrum29
    plectrum29 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    mamadon wrote: »
    When my underwear started falling down lol. I was out shopping, and wearing a dress. I actually had to hold on to them over my clothes.

I laughed when I read this as my jeans fell to my ankles in the veggie aisle a couple weeks ago. I wasn't ready for it and thankfully no one was around but I must have looked ridiculous.
  • Lizzypb88
    Lizzypb88 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    When you go to an amusement park with your little kids and think *can I take my child on, will I fit?!"* and being borderline too big for some rides!
    .... I hope!!
    Down 50 pounds, so this summer I am going to have no fear of not fitting on rides!
  • cJOYv6881
    cJOYv6881 Posts: 72 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    The positive:

When you can feel your ribs for the first time in your life (feeling my spine for the first time is my next goal)
    When you start pulling out your summer clothing after a long winter and realize most of it is too big this year
    Being able to shop in non-plus size stores for the first time ever (and realizing how much cheaper the clothing is!)
    You step on the scale and realize you now weigh less than you ever have since you were a child!

The negative:

Realizing your chest is slowly climbing it's way down to your stomach.
    Falling out of your current jeans but not quite fitting into the next size down yet (so close!)
  • tra8cey47
    tra8cey47 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    When you don't have to worry about booth size when you go to a restaurant. I can fit in all the booths now!
  • 1cand0it2
    1cand0it2 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    When you find a jar of hot fudge in the refrigerator and it's 4 months past the "best by" date!
  • PlaceboFX
    PlaceboFX Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    When you finally fit into those adorable one-size-fits-most tights or leggings!
  • sarahkanzalone
    sarahkanzalone Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    When you don't have to do a series of lunges and squats to stretch out your jeans after they come out of the dryer
  • Fittingitforever
    Fittingitforever Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    When you don't have to do a series of lunges and squats to stretch out your jeans after they come out of the dryer

Yes!!! So good!
  • chrissymfred
    chrissymfred Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    When you put on a shirt that used to be too tight around the arms and now it s loose, with 1.5 - 2 inches hanging off.
  • chrissymfred
    chrissymfred Posts: 47 Member
    Options

Lol, love this!

• mmmx392076
    mmmx392076 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My wedding does not fit anymore, it's so loose that it's been slipping off. When my underwear are so big that the fall down in my pants. When I have people at work calling me skinny. I have only lost 18lbs but I'm loving every bit of it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!