How old were you when you first shot a gun...

Options

Replies

• cathed42
    cathed42 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Never and what a ridiculous subject
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    under 10 I think, it was supervised with my father and uncle right there. I was taught a healthy respect for guns and knew not to fool around with them and NEVER point them at anyone.
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    20....it was an AR-15...yea I had a crazy boyfriend lol Looking to buy a Glock 19 soon.....my weapons certification (Glock, AR, and Shotgun) runs out in May..will it be harder to get a permit after that? Answers please if anyone knows

GIF--Nope-No-way-Nah-no-Kanye-West-GIF.gif

• undergloom
    undergloom Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    cathed42 wrote: »
    what a ridiculous subject

In fairness, you could post this in 99% of the threads in the Chit Chat forum and it'd be a legitimate comment.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I was a Marine before I ever picked up a Rifle or Handgun. 18 Years Old. 1972.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I'm 44 - and I've never shot a gun. I've never wanted to shoot a gun, either.
  • erialcelyob
    erialcelyob Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Never seen one outside of the airport security.
  • sabrinasmith7
    sabrinasmith7 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    8 years old, 12G. Lol my dad liked to have a collection of shotguns and rifles.
  • bdgfn
    bdgfn Posts: 7,719 Member
    Options
    Probably about 6 or 7, an air gun (BBs), a 22 at about 10 or 11, an M16 at 19.
  • sabrinasmith7
    sabrinasmith7 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    under 10 I think, it was supervised with my father and uncle right there. I was taught a healthy respect for guns and knew not to fool around with them and NEVER point them at anyone.

I second this, always good to have and good understanding that guns arent toys and shooting isnt a game.
  • tayter_tot7
    tayter_tot7 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    As far as begin harder I mean will I have to take any classes or anything, because I really don't want to lol
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    undergloom wrote: »
    At age 21, a friend of mine thought it'd be a good idea to take me to a range to try out his S&W Model 500 revolver. A .500 S&W in the hands of a new shooter. What a dick.

Lol,,,definitely not a nice guy.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    Never seen one outside of the airport security.

Cops in your town don't carry?
  • Cblsplcr
    Cblsplcr Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Around 6 with help from my dad, but got my first gun (410) at 8
  • michelleg85
    michelleg85 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm military and have served overseas. So, when I joined and many times since.
  • blueboxgeek
    blueboxgeek Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I live in the UK....I've never even seen a gun in real life :)
  • blueboxgeek
    blueboxgeek Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I live in the UK....I've never even seen a gun in real life :)

Oh actually that is a lie, as someone above mentioned....airport security in the UK have them and also we were in London a few weeks back and the police that guard Downing Street had them. But I've never been in a situation where I could actually hold one. Here in the UK we do have gun crime but I think most crimes are committed using knives or other weapons so guns are not easily accessible unless you move in those kinds of circles.

• nitroalley
    nitroalley Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    18 at Navy boot camp. That was a long time ago and never owned a firearm.
  • leamariehjh3184
    leamariehjh3184 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    22 @ 6