HALP! Heavy Lifting Made Me SUPAH Bulky!!!

Options

Replies

• no_day_but_2day
    no_day_but_2day Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Accidentally deleted my whole post!!

Lost my baby weight (from my 3rd child) in December. Hit the gym in January after I recovered from severe pneumonia. I weighed 125 when I started at the gym and 136 now. I lifted heavy, and ate 2300-3000 calories a day. Just tryin' to get buff :wink: I do not think I look like a dude!
    ONE YEAR! Last year vs last week
    5SQciQc.png
    Now:
    OIL9D1X.jpg
    QrfsaDP.jpg
    sb5BpcI.jpg
    f1oBIT0.jpg

You are my goal!!!!! I want your booty!! lol
  • mom2babyk31
    mom2babyk31 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    becbo22 wrote: »
    Lifting heavy also made me massive :D

2f0f1vs.jpg

Down 62 pounds incorporating both lifting and cardio.

Bandages are from gallbladder surgery.

You look great.
    How long since your surgery and how much weight have you lost?
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Love this thread...
  • becbo22
    becbo22 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    becbo22 wrote: »
    Lifting heavy also made me massive :D

2f0f1vs.jpg

Down 62 pounds incorporating both lifting and cardio.

Bandages are from gallbladder surgery.

You look great.
    How long since your surgery and how much weight have you lost?

My surgery was in August 2013 and I have lost 62 pounds.
  • Dead_Darling
    Dead_Darling Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Hey all! Love this thread! I have been lifting since August 2015, but haven't seen any results :/ I'll be going to the hospital on the 21st of this month to see if I have PCOS, as I haven't lost any weight, and my periods are super irregular. I was wondering if lifting while having PCOS made things easier or difficult for you guys?
  • SunflowerSandra
    SunflowerSandra Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    @ prettyleelee You look AWESOME! Proof for how weight doesn't tell the whole story :)
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    @prettyleelee fantastic results!
  • prettyleelee
    prettyleelee Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!!! I am actually really loving strength training and I thought I would dread every step of it.
  • Ilovelucythebeagle
    Ilovelucythebeagle Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am so inspired by this thread! Congrats to all!
  • Hallie82
    Hallie82 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm almost done with my first goal (a half marathon next month) and now that I've found THIS thread I'm super excited to move on to the next and try out lifting! Thanks for sharing
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Very well done, @madube84
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Getting "bulkier" every day!!!

Oct 23, 2015
    yuv04nn1qwx5.jpg

Mar 22, 2016
    cu7tyxfqzkb5.jpg
  • shelleysykeskeene
    shelleysykeskeene Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I am so happy I found this! Please tell me you ladies are still on MFP! I am trying to do lifting at home, I am doing the 'Stronglifts 5x5" method

Please ladies can you post workout plans and meal plans to go with it? PM me if you dont mind - I am doing all of this at home and I am so damn clueless. All I have are dumbells and a barbell (the kind you add weighted disks to) Any advice would be amazing please! I have 17kgs to lose, but really care more about looking amazing (as you girls do) than the number on the scale :(
  • jessiefrancine
    jessiefrancine Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I am so happy I found this! Please tell me you ladies are still on MFP! I am trying to do lifting at home, I am doing the 'Stronglifts 5x5" method

Please ladies can you post workout plans and meal plans to go with it? PM me if you dont mind - I am doing all of this at home and I am so damn clueless. All I have are dumbells and a barbell (the kind you add weighted disks to) Any advice would be amazing please! I have 17kgs to lose, but really care more about looking amazing (as you girls do) than the number on the scale :(

If you are doing Stronglifts 5x5, then that is your workout plan. And the only meal plan you need is eating at a deficit (the number that MFP gives you). As long as it fits in your calorie allowance, you can eat whatever you want. Just make sure you are lifting consistently and tracking your food accurately to get results. There is an MFP group for ladies doing Stronglifts, and it's a great source of information and support. You can join that here.
  • quiksylver296
    Options

If you are doing Stronglifts 5x5, then that is your workout plan. And the only meal plan you need is eating at a deficit (the number that MFP gives you). As long as it fits in your calorie allowance, you can eat whatever you want. Just make sure you are lifting consistently and tracking your food accurately to get results. There is an MFP group for ladies doing Stronglifts, and it's a great source of information and support. You can join that here.

Agree with all of this.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    ljk0615 wrote: »
    Lifting heavy made me supah bulky!! Left is November 2014 at 181 pounds and right is 151 pounds a month ago after lifting heavy for about 7-8 months. jduy4oh8z0wa.jpeg

I think we have the same lifting shoes! LOL
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!