HALP! Heavy Lifting Made Me SUPAH Bulky!!!

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I wish we could see your face in the before photo. Would be more convincing! I'm just sayin' !!

Who are you asking?
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    idioticblu wrote: »
    hjf4cj61gzqv.png

Yay for heavy lifting!

Nice! I just finished that challenge, too!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    I just finished timeline photos for the #250Kchallenge at bodybuilding.com. Props to all the women on here! I love lifting heavy, but it is still a little mortifying to put up bikini pix.
    97h3qtoxfu39.jpg
    7f77bj9pyhme.jpg
    201hl2vhbkz6.jpg
  • jennalennafur
    jennalennafur Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I just finished timeline photos for the #250Kchallenge at bodybuilding.com. Props to all the women on here! I love lifting heavy, but it is still a little mortifying to put up bikini pix.
    97h3qtoxfu39.jpg
    7f77bj9pyhme.jpg
    201hl2vhbkz6.jpg

You look wonderful? If you don't mind me asking, do you eat on a deficit? Or are you maintaining/eating more to bulk up?
  • Chele_Belle_
    Chele_Belle_ Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    hjf4cj61gzqv.png

Yay for heavy lifting!

One word...Amazing!

• amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    97h3qtoxfu39.jpg
    7f77bj9pyhme.jpg
    201hl2vhbkz6.jpg

You look wonderful? If you don't mind me asking, do you eat on a deficit? Or are you maintaining/eating more to bulk up?

You have made amazing progress! I would like to know the answer to this question as well.
    hjf4cj61gzqv.png

Yay for heavy lifting!

One word...Amazing!

Agree!

I'm about half-way done clearing out my playroom to make room for my rack & bench. This bump has inspired me to get on it again this afternoon.
  • quiksylver296
    edited April 2016
    Options
    97h3qtoxfu39.jpg
    7f77bj9pyhme.jpg
    201hl2vhbkz6.jpg

Deficit. I shoot for 1930 calories per day. Maintenance for me is about 2200.
  • idioticblu
    idioticblu Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    @Reinventing_Me , this is 12 weeks. I participated in the 250kchallenge on bodybuilding.com and did weight lifting 3days a week and 30 minute cardio twice a week
  • jessicarobinson00
    jessicarobinson00 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I had to dig deep to find my favorite posting!!! Would love to see some updated photos of you SUPAH bulky ladies for inspiration!
  • emshields1
    emshields1 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I have a question. I have been lifting for about 3 months and have seen great results. I am 5'11" and 155.9....just broke the 156 plateau this week so proud. I am in deficit eating around 1400 a day. I am a runner also so I get about 15 miles a week and weight lift 5 days a week. I don't follow any structured plan beyond what I have developed. I am about 7 pounds down but my jeans don't fit anymore. Now for the question, I am having trouble keeping my macros in line especially fat. It seems when I really try to meet or exceed my protein goal, I get in fat trouble. I eat a lot of nuts, eggs, chicken, tuna and some butter. What do you that are lifting heavy think about fat and do you worry about it? And if you do how do you keep under the goals....btw don't like protein shakes much....
  • MichelleLea122
    MichelleLea122 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    emshields1 wrote: »
    I have a question. I have been lifting for about 3 months and have seen great results. I am 5'11" and 155.9....just broke the 156 plateau this week so proud. I am in deficit eating around 1400 a day. I am a runner also so I get about 15 miles a week and weight lift 5 days a week. I don't follow any structured plan beyond what I have developed. I am about 7 pounds down but my jeans don't fit anymore. Now for the question, I am having trouble keeping my macros in line especially fat. It seems when I really try to meet or exceed my protein goal, I get in fat trouble. I eat a lot of nuts, eggs, chicken, tuna and some butter. What do you that are lifting heavy think about fat and do you worry about it? And if you do how do you keep under the goals....btw don't like protein shakes much....

1400 calories sounds like a pretty low calorie goal for someone who's 5'11 and running 15 miles a week with strength training. As for high protein low fat food sources, my go to is nonfat plain greek yogurt.
  • niniundlapin
    niniundlapin Posts: 327 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

I have that problem too. My preference of food used to be carb-based, especially lots of vegetable and fruit. Now I have more dairy products (pepper jack and also plain nonfat Greek yogurt), meat, and nuts because of the need of increasing my protein intake. The good side for having more fat is it t kind of takes over my need (or carving) of having carb-based snacks, but yes I'm worry about its negative effect to my existing health issue (suspecting it's hormone-sensitive and too much fat just doesn't sound right). I'm not sure if having more Greek yogurt is safer, but the fact that it has higher amount of protein & less fat/sugar (if it's plain) makes it a good alternative to red meat. I also have soy milk once a while as an alternative to 2% milk just to "buffer" the fat intake from other protein sources. I'd like to have more fish; unfortunately I don't live near the coast line & fish tends to be too expensive as a regular protein source...

By the way, I do think it's kind of hard to make adjustment to macro when the total budget is only 1400/day (I'm on about the same amount of daily calorie plan). I've tried making my protein go higher but that's like either lots of artificial ingredients (high protein ice cream bar) or lots of fat that comes with the natural protein source. I guess you can probably tell if your food choice is fine or not by your results..?! At least that's what I do at this point... I'd probably go more frequent for routine blood test just to make sure my increased fat intake does no harm. :neutral:
  • Heirgreat
    Heirgreat Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Pasteurized Egg white- tuna ( canned wild caught) plant based protein powder you'll
    Meet iprotein -no problem ( use almond milk low fat and low cal but high calsium)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options

How many grams of fat are you getting per day?
  • emshields1
    emshields1 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

Between 70 and 90 grams. Always over by mfp standards.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

Between 70 and 90 grams. Always over by mfp standards.

70 grams isn't bad. I don't know how you're doing that with 1400 calories though. Your meals must not be very high volume. I'm constantly trying to get above 50g.
  • G__Force
    G__Force Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    You have done an amazing job. keep pumping iron its working for you!!
  • lwhayes820
    lwhayes820 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    bunnerfly wrote: »
    I've been lifting heavy for about 4 months. I don't think I look bulky. B)

The left side is me today. The right side (gym pic) is my first day of lifting. 12/28/15.

45w7g539dccb.jpeg

7pz3knt9nrbx.jpeg

Your progress is outstanding! What program are you using? What are your macros? How many calories?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!