coconut oil

Options
Anyone using coconut oil for weight loss?

Replies

• 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    It's an oil, like any other oil. It doesn't cause weight loss.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    In my roasted vegetables but not for weight loss.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    It has calories like olive oil...so if I have room for it, sure. I often don't have the space for 120 calories/tablespoon of oil.
  • Livgetfit
    Livgetfit Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I put it in my hair but not for weight loss...
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    No. I'm using "eating less than I burn" for weight loss. But that doesn't sound as sexy.
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    No. I'm using "eating less than I burn" for weight loss. But that doesn't sound as sexy.

And you can't rub it in your hair.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »

I know. So many disadvantages to CI<CO. :wink:
  • angelamichelle_xo
    angelamichelle_xo Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I RUB IT ON MY ASSSSS. and everywhere else lol.
    that's it. too high in calories for me to ingest it.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Not for weight loss.
  • VictoryGarden
    VictoryGarden Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Makes great popcorn. Helps with the eczema, but it is no more of a help for weight loss than any other oil.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Coconut oil does not cause weight loss.
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    Options
    It sure tastes good though. I mix it with peanut butter and eat it when I want a big ol' calorie bomb.
  • arditarose
    Options
    It sure tastes good though. I mix it with peanut butter and eat it when I want a big ol' calorie bomb.

Did you have to post that just now? I was just getting my appetite to settle down
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    It works nice in empanada dough and pie crust, doesn't cause e weight loss and is a sin to put in coffee.
  • DaddieCat
    edited March 2016
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

Did you have to post that just now? I was just getting my appetite to settle down

Sorry, not sorry. ;) I'm about 1000 calories short right now and almost met protein goal so I'm pretty sure I know what I'm doing... Netflix and chill with two delicious jars, a bowl, and a spoon.

Edited because it needed an emoji.
  • arditarose
    Options

Sorry, not sorry. ;) I'm about 1000 calories short right now and almost met protein goal so I'm pretty sure I know what I'm doing... Netflix and chill with two delicious jars, a bowl, and a spoon.

Ugh god. I stopped logging once I hit 100 calories over. I want your calories.
  • DaddieCat
    Options

I'd donate but I was severely under calories yesterday due to poor planning. Also, having no idea where you are I can only assume it would never make it to you in an edible state.

(Also, sorry for derailing the thread!)
  • arditarose
    Options

I'd donate but I was severely under calories yesterday due to poor planning. Also, having no idea where you are I can only assume it would never make it to you in an edible state.

(Also, sorry for derailing the thread!)

It's okay. I think I'm just gonna perma-dirty bulk lol.

My fault for derailing.

Back to coconut oil.
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I would love to use it as a moisturizer. I'll be moisturized all the way to my goal weight!
  • anyasij
    anyasij Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »

I know. So many disadvantages to CI<CO. :wink:

I've seen CICO a lot on this site, what does it mean?