J_Surita3 wrote: »
    wilsoncl6 wrote: »
    Shyness40 wrote: »
    trinty425 wrote: »
    I have a hard time asking people for help when I want it (and even when I need it). Then later feel angry/hurt/disappointed when no one helped me or offered to help me. (Example: I'm working on painting the trim and doors in a house we recently moved into....my husband, brother, and 2 children just walk around / over me and never help or offer to help.)

Ask for what you want, men can't take hints. Subtle hints don't work, strong hints don't work, obvious hints don't work. In fact, don't even ask, just TELL him what you want.

Yeah, but if her husband is like mine, you will tell him what you want and then get to hear him b**ch about doing it so sometimes it's better just to do it yourself unless you're looking to hear the whining.

Punch him in the throat B) lol

I like you're way of thinking. LOL

lol, no but in all honesty, even if they whine and complain, too bad. Get it done dude. I'll take care of you later. It's better then ME whining and complaining that I get no help when I haven't even asked for any. Of course I should NOT have to ask but whatever works. Oh and wear earplugs block his whineyass out. :p

LOL, you'd be like living with my Mother. What if he doesn't feel that what you want to get done needs to be done or done in the time frame that you think it should be?

It doesn't matter what he feels (in this circumstance of course). What matters is what I want done PERIOD. B)
    Tomk652015 wrote: »
    I have a hard time asking people for help when I want it (and even when I need it). Then later feel angry/hurt/disappointed when no one helped me or offered to help me. (Example: I'm working on painting the trim and doors in a house we recently moved into....my husband, brother, and 2 children just walk around / over me and never help or offer to help.)

Ask for what you want, men can't take hints. Subtle hints don't work, strong hints don't work, obvious hints don't work. In fact, don't even ask, just TELL him what you want.

Yeah, but if her husband is like mine, you will tell him what you want and then get to hear him b**ch about doing it so sometimes it's better just to do it yourself unless you're looking to hear the whining.

lol, no but in all honesty, even if they whine and complain, too bad. Get it done dude. I'll take care of you later. It's better then ME whining and complaining that I get no help when I haven't even asked for any. Of course I should NOT have to ask but whatever works. Oh and wear earplugs block his whineyass out. :p

LOL, you'd be like living with my Mother. What if he doesn't feel that what you want to get done needs to be done or done in the time frame that you think it should be?

hahahahaha....silly..your assuming your opinion matters....thats cute.

EXACTLY!

The way I think about it is...I don't want anyone to do anything for me that they don't want to do so if I have to ask and hear you fuss I'd rather just do it myself. That's just me though. I want someone to do something for me because they want to, not because they feel like they have to.

I feel this way to a certain degree but if there is something to be done in OUR house, where we BOTH live, IDGAF if you want to or not. You're not sitting and watching TV while I throw up drywall, cut grass or paint walls. That's NOT happening. But that's just me.
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options

It doesn't matter what he feels (in this circumstance of course). What matters is what I want done PERIOD. B)

EXACTLY!

The way I think about it is...I don't want anyone to do anything for me that they don't want to do so if I have to ask and hear you fuss I'd rather just do it myself. That's just me though. I want someone to do something for me because they want to, not because they feel like they have to.

I want to do something to you.. wait..i reread..you said "for" you. my bad ;)
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    lauranorr wrote: »
    My four year old son has been sick and miserable since saturday and I can't stand it anymore. He's sooooooo mean and crabby. He told me I have a fat tummy when i was working out. I confess I wanted to pick him up and toss him out the window for a second :wink:

LOL. Aww...hope he feels better soon.
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options

EXACTLY!

I feel this way to a certain degree but if there is something to be done in OUR house, where we BOTH live, IDGAF if you want to or not. You're not sitting and watching TV while I throw up drywall, cut grass or paint walls. That's NOT happening. But that's just me.

Not just you. No way, no how, aint gonna happen.

To me, it depends on who's idea it was to do what it is that's being done. If I decided one day to rebuild the engine in my car, I wouldn't expect you to come out and help or demand that you do instead of sitting on the couch watching Real Housewives of Beverly Hills reruns. Using the painting as an example, if the paint color was fine with no issues and you got the wild hair to change it, I might help or I might not but don't demand that I help with a project that you took upon yourself to take on because "you" felt like it needed to be done. Of course, that's outside of regular maintenance issues, cutting grass and the like, things that just have to be done.
  • Just_J_Now
    Options

EXACTLY!

To me, it depends on who's idea it was to do what it is that's being done. If I decided one day to rebuild the engine in my car, I wouldn't expect you to come out and help or demand that you do instead of sitting on the couch watching Real Housewives of Beverly Hills reruns. Using the painting as an example, if the paint color was fine with no issues and you got the wild hair to change it, I might help or I might not but don't demand that I help with a project that you took upon yourself to take on because "you" felt like it needed to be done. Of course, that's outside of regular maintenance issues, cutting grass and the like, things that just have to be done.

If I'd see you out there building an engine I'd offer to help in anyway I can. Even if it's just passing you a tool, EVEN if I didn't want to.

I think we hi-jacked this thread enough though. Sorry gang, carry on with your confessions.
  • wilsoncl6
    Options

EXACTLY!

If I'd see you out there building an engine I'd offer to help in anyway I can. Even if it's just passing you a tool, EVEN if I didn't want to.

I think we hi-jacked this thread enough though. Sorry gang, carry on with your confessions.

I agree, moving on.
  • T0M_K
    Options

EXACTLY!

I confess i like your thinking! and agree with it. and i'm a dude.
  • T0M_K
    Options

EXACTLY!

and i confess it could lead to garage sex.
  • wilsoncl6
    Options

EXACTLY!

and i confess it could lead to garage sex.

And I confess, I think you're just trying to get laid. I could be wrong though, but maybe not.
  • Just_J_Now
    Options

EXACTLY!

Thanks dude ;)
  • T0M_K
    Options

EXACTLY!

Thanks dude ;)

lol. np
  • wilsoncl6
    Options
    My four year old son has been sick and miserable since saturday and I can't stand it anymore. He's sooooooo mean and crabby. He told me I have a fat tummy when i was working out. I confess I wanted to pick him up and toss him out the window for a second :wink:

Thanks. But the rest of them came home from school so now I'm ready to throw myself out the window....ugggh. Is it tomorrow yet? Why can't wine be calorie free?

Vodka is a better, low carb option. LOL
  • JBcat123
    JBcat123 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I confess I'm not straight. no one knows but me and well now this site. :)
  • KpopGrad92
    KpopGrad92 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I confess I judge people's eating habits extra hard when they sit and complain about wanting or needing to lose weight. I judge extra harshly when they ask me what I am doing and then say it sounds too hard! Literally only took me an extra minute to make my yogurt parfait with weighing and measuring, then it did for them to just scoop it and say I guess this is a serving.
  • Just_J_Now
    Options

Thanks. But the rest of them came home from school so now I'm ready to throw myself out the window....ugggh. Is it tomorrow yet? Why can't wine be calorie free?

Totally this with diet soda if you don't drink it straight. ;)
  • wilsoncl6
    Options

Totally this with diet soda if you don't drink it straight. ;)

Or sugar free cranberry juice. Yum.
  • wilsoncl6
    Options
    I confess I have a love/hate relationship with Vodka. I show Vodka a lot of attention and affection and it doesn't even know I'm alive. So depressing.
  • Just_J_Now
    Options
    I confess I have a love/hate relationship with Vodka. I show Vodka a lot of attention and affection and it doesn't even know I'm alive. So depressing.

I confess I have a love/love relationship with alcohol. I show it a lot of attention and affection and it makes me feel very good. Helps me forget stuff and numbs some pain but I know that's not good and only temporary.