Water - how much do you drink?

Options
2»

Replies

• HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    I checked this with my dietician, and was told that it doesnt have to be plain water. Any drink, tea, juice, etc, counts...apart from 2. Coffee and Diet Coke...

Lucky i get through so much tea :)
  • PurpleCoookie
    Options
    About 8 - 10 cup...didn't like it at first but now my body goes into a frenzy if I don't meet my daily requirement.
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    8 glasses a day plus
  • coolsmartygirl
    coolsmartygirl Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I try for eight but to get to that, I drink a bottle that will bring me to nine, so that's my usual.
  • 2stepz
    2stepz Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Yup. I drink 1 ounce of water for every 2 pounds I weigh. Then I add a cup for every 10 minutes of vigorous exercise... I love water :)

Cool. I've also heard before that for ever 15 pounds, you are suppose to drink 1 cup of water. For instance, if someone weighed 120 pounds, they would need to drink 8 cups of water a day. I don't know how true this is, but it seems pretty accuate to me.

Theory 1: half body weight in ounces... 16 lbs weight : 1 cup water
    Theory 2: 1 cup per 15 lbs.... 15 lbs weight : 1 cup water

six of one, half dozen of the other...
  • ziggy55311
    ziggy55311 Posts: 20
    Options
    I drink upwards of 2 gallons a day and sometimes it is not enough. I do work outside in 100+ degree weather but I was still drinking about 1.5 gallons per day before summer hit.
  • RoanneRed
    RoanneRed Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    In colder weather I use herbal teas to try and keep warm without going totally overboard on caffeine.
  • DBabbit
    DBabbit Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    3 cups is my average unless I'm going to be out in the heat, then I add 3 more. I drink it plain, sometimes with ice.
  • TanyaRoe
    TanyaRoe Posts: 7
    Options
    I was told my my Dr. that to avoid hunger and dehydration to just aim for about 2-2liters of water daily.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    I drink around 6 glasses per day...but lately I am aiming at 8 glasses such as today :)
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    My goal is 150 oz. minimum. I go by the half your weight in ounces so for me that would be about 170 oz. Today I'm going to hit over 160 oz. My pee isn't clear unless I'm pretty close to 150 oz. I drink it plain and cold.
  • shoopies
    shoopies Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I drink about 75 ounces per day (3 bottles) when I am trying to lose weight. MiO is an awesome enhancer. Tastes so good, and you put in as much as you want for the taste. And it's portable. So that's my new thing. Fruit punch flavored MiO.
  • OnlyGodCan
    OnlyGodCan Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    at least 64 oz a day. That is 8 -8oz glasses
  • NewVonnie
    NewVonnie Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I DO NOT drink enough water...ughhh..It's always a struggle for me. Need to try harder.
  • kklindsey
    kklindsey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    none. really.
  • SuzMac1981
    SuzMac1981 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I drink between 12-16 cups per day.... I would not be able to drink half my weight - I weigh too much to do that and feel sick after 16 cups so that's my limit (that's a whole gallon anyways!). :drinker:

ETA: I drink it plain and cold... sometimes I add ice if it's hot out and lemon if I'm at a restaurant but that's it!
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    10-15 glasses a day. depends on how i feel.
  • onmywaytoskinny155
    onmywaytoskinny155 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Not Enough.
  • Emily4H
    Emily4H Posts: 170
    Options
    i drink 8-13 cups a day - I like MIO and CrystalLight - but just cold water is good too!