14 day Baetea detox, anyone tried?

Options

Replies

• Blessed2beT
    Blessed2beT Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    MommyL2015 wrote: »
    The best thing you can do is drink water. Tea is good, it's tasty and helps you stay hydrated, but laxative tea is not and does the opposite.

Good advice I'm at around 100 oz a day with water I love the stuff never been a soda drinker.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    are you getting enough fiber and healthy fats? if not that can cause you to not go to the bathroom properly causing some constipation.you dont need a lax tea for that just get more fiber and health fats and things should start moving along.
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Clean eating now means no salt. Geez
  • Blessed2beT
    Options
    Poop tea -hope you stocked up on toilet paper. Pooping does not equal weightloss however.

Not seeking weightloss from it I am seeking something to rid of the salt and stuff I'm not used to taking in plus my water retention. It says should help with cravings and energy. I don't do diet pulls or coffee I figured this is a good assist back on my journey. My weight loss will come from me eating healthy foods and working out. Both things I don't want to do when I'm feeling luggish and stuck after the last 2 weeks.
  • Blessed2beT
    Options
    Hello everyone today I started the baetea detox for weight loss I was wondering if any of you have tried it or a similar detox tea in conjunction with MFP???

I'm 5"5 just under 350 I've lost around 14 lbs in the last 4 weeks . MFP cals are 1900 and I do my best to stay closer to 1200 I also try so hard to eat clean 5 to 6 meals daily and walk a mile 3x a week. However the last 2 weeks although I logged calories I ate pretty bad food that I am sure is blocking me, which is why I decided to detox. Anyone tried anything like this?

Did I mention its my birthday Monday and everyone wants to ho to dinner plus I have a cruise in 3 weeks???
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    You will naturally get rid of salt and stuff. Laxatives will not get rid of anything you won't get rid of naturally. Laxatives won't make you regular. In fact, the more laxatives you use the more constipated you get because your body will rely on them. Using laxatives for 14 days straight will cause more issues than not.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I don't take pills.

Why is taking a laxative in tea form better than taking a laxative in pill form? It is still a laxative -just because they fancied it up it is now acceptable?

• MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday! And a cruise! How awesome. It can be hard to not eat too much in those circumstances, but if you allow yourself a little bit slower weight loss, it'll allow you to be able to eat more and not be so hungry that it causes you to overindulge.

I would absolutely stick to the 1900 calories MFP gives you or even more, if you slow your rate of loss down to .5 pound per week while you're on vacation, or (what I would do) just stay right around maintenance level calories.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Get some metamucil/benefiber or increase fiber and fat in the diet. Both can help with regularity. Fat isn't bad just like protein and carbs aren't bad. Prune juice is great for constipation. If the constipation is bad, ie rock hard feeling, miralax is great.

There's no need to cut out your favourite foods for weight loss. All that is needed is a calorie reduction. Did MFP give you 1900 for 2lb/week? It's okay to eat 1900. :)
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    MommyMeggo wrote: »
    Clean eating now means no salt. Geez

Count me out if that is the case. ;)

OP - please do a little be more research into what is actually involved in "eating clean". I can tell you, it doesn't mean eating very little, very tasteless food. There is a rainbow of healthy foods out there that you can enjoy and still eat healthy, and for goodness sakes, use some salt! LOL Also, you really need to eat more. 1,200 calories per day at your level of activity and height and weight is not nearly enough food. There's something to be said about the need to fuel weightloss and you aren't doing that on so few calories.

• emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    I plugged in your stats at the Scooby Workshop calculator and you could be eating a lot more than 1,200 a day. Even more than 1,900 - and STILL lose almost 2 pounds a week. I got that you could be eating about 2,500 a day and you would still lose weight.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

You absolutely don't have to do a cleanse or anything like that. Just eat less overall calories.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Maybe "things" haven't moved much lately because you aren't eating much.
  • DonaldBlinks
    DonaldBlinks Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    The FAQ section on this products webpage made me chuckle a few times. Apparently in order for it to work, you also need to eat well and exercise. Shocking.

Also they recommend using backup contraception while you drink the tea. Shady.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    Hello everyone today I started the baetea detox for weight loss I was wondering if any of you have tried it or a similar detox tea in conjunction with MFP???

I'm 5"5 just under 350 I've lost around 14 lbs in the last 4 weeks . MFP cals are 1900 and I do my best to stay closer to 1200 I also try so hard to eat clean 5 to 6 meals daily and walk a mile 3x a week. However the last 2 weeks although I logged calories I ate pretty bad food that I am sure is blocking me, which is why I decided to detox. Anyone tried anything like this?

Think of weight loss is a marathon not a sprint. Because losing weight is going to take awhile, settle in and do the things you can live with long term.

Eating less than 1900 calories is not necessary. Eating "clean" whatever your definition is not necessary. 5-6 meals a day is not necessary. If you like these things, then carry on. Detox teas give you very short term results (diuretics & laxatives) - but no fat loss.

"Bad" food is not blocking you. I make room for a treat every single day. I don't want a too strict diet to lead to falling off the wagon completely. I allow myself some breathing room. We don't need to be perfect to lose weight, we just need to improve.

Walking is great exercise - keep up the good work!

Thanks for the reply. Clean to me is I don't add salt to anything I eat fresh veggies , grilled chicken and fish I make awesome turkey meals I eat a lot but due to me not adding sugars, salts or fatty oils my calorie in take is low. But I eat all day and a lot. Instead of having a meal replacement bar at 200 cals I have some fish lettuce wraps and grapefruit instead. I also drink close to 100 oz of water daily. When doing this I feel great when going to the restroom but the last two weeks my fatty foods like pizza, hot chicken from KFC, chips, burgers those items had little impact on my normal bowel movements its like I didn't even have my morning release the same. That's why I wanted a good detox to help me rid of that stuff I feel is weighing me down. It will not be apart of my healthy habits because when I'm eating well I don't feel blocked.

People can and do lose weight when eating fast food. I don't eat fast food everyday, because I can get more nourishment from home made meals. But that does not mean I will spend a year, or two with zero pizza, zero burgers, or zero fried chicken. These are "sometimes" foods (for me) no longer daily foods.

A fast food meal here or there "will not block you up." Too low fiber will block you up, too low fat will block you up, too little movement will block you up, too little hydration will block you up. So many other reasons.

The point of my original post - everyone has a different definition of clean eating. If there are a hundred different definitions, then it's obviously not necessary for weight loss.

Extreme changes to ones diet (elimination diets) are very often temporary. Losing weight is just the first step in your journey. That's when permanent lifestyle changes will come into play. Will you be eating fish lettuce wraps and no added sugar for the rest of your life? Instead of extreme dietary changes, perhaps look at some changes you can keep for a lifetime.

Here are a couple newbie threads with lots of useful information:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1235566/so-youre-new-here/p1

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • ClosetBayesian
    ClosetBayesian Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Poop tea -hope you stocked up on toilet paper. Pooping does not equal weightloss however.

Not seeking weightloss from it I am seeking something to rid of the salt and stuff I'm not used to taking in plus my water retention. It says should help with cravings and energy. I don't do diet pulls or coffee I figured this is a good assist back on my journey. My weight loss will come from me eating healthy foods and working out. Both things I don't want to do when I'm feeling luggish and stuck after the last 2 weeks.

It's not. If you're bloated or retaining water from extra salt, the best thing you can do is drink more water (not laxative tea).
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options

If you want to mitigate sodium, eat foods high in magnesium and potassium.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options

Did I mention its my birthday Monday and everyone wants to ho to dinner plus I have a cruise in 3 weeks???

The birthday and the cruise don't make any difference - you've gotten great advice here. You should either take the advice or quit rationalizing all the reasons you "need" the laxative tea in order to fish for things you'd like to hear.

No one with any sense is going to tell you to drink the poop tea.
  • Blessed2beT
    Options

The birthday and the cruise don't make any difference - you've gotten great advice here. You should either take the advice or quit rationalizing all the reasons you "need" the laxative tea in order to fish for things you'd like to hear.

No one with any sense is going to tell you to drink the poop tea.

Oh wow I'm sorry not rationalizing. I was not seeking permission just seeking people who could relate and may have advice for while drinking. If you read my other comments you will see I am well aware of what it takes to live a healthy lifestyle. This will not be apart of my regular diet in fact I don't diet at all read more of my comments. But thanks for the reply
  • Blessed2beT
    Options

Think of weight loss is a marathon not a sprint. Because losing weight is going to take awhile, settle in and do the things you can live with long term.

Eating less than 1900 calories is not necessary. Eating "clean" whatever your definition is not necessary. 5-6 meals a day is not necessary. If you like these things, then carry on. Detox teas give you very short term results (diuretics & laxatives) - but no fat loss.

"Bad" food is not blocking you. I make room for a treat every single day. I don't want a too strict diet to lead to falling off the wagon completely. I allow myself some breathing room. We don't need to be perfect to lose weight, we just need to improve.

Walking is great exercise - keep up the good work!

Thanks for the reply. Clean to me is I don't add salt to anything I eat fresh veggies , grilled chicken and fish I make awesome turkey meals I eat a lot but due to me not adding sugars, salts or fatty oils my calorie in take is low. But I eat all day and a lot. Instead of having a meal replacement bar at 200 cals I have some fish lettuce wraps and grapefruit instead. I also drink close to 100 oz of water daily. When doing this I feel great when going to the restroom but the last two weeks my fatty foods like pizza, hot chicken from KFC, chips, burgers those items had little impact on my normal bowel movements its like I didn't even have my morning release the same. That's why I wanted a good detox to help me rid of that stuff I feel is weighing me down. It will not be apart of my healthy habits because when I'm eating well I don't feel blocked.

People can and do lose weight when eating fast food. I don't eat fast food everyday, because I can get more nourishment from home made meals. But that does not mean I will spend a year, or two with zero pizza, zero burgers, or zero fried chicken. These are "sometimes" foods (for me) no longer daily foods.

A fast food meal here or there "will not block you up." Too low fiber will block you up, too low fat will block you up, too little movement will block you up, too little hydration will block you up. So many other reasons.

The point of my original post - everyone has a different definition of clean eating. If there are a hundred different definitions, then it's obviously not necessary for weight loss.

Extreme changes to ones diet (elimination diets) are very often temporary. Losing weight is just the first step in your journey. That's when permanent lifestyle changes will come into play. Will you be eating fish lettuce wraps and no added sugar for the rest of your life? Instead of extreme dietary changes, perhaps look at some changes you can keep for a lifetime.

Here are a couple newbie threads with lots of useful information:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1235566/so-youre-new-here/p1

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

I eat everything I just choose to eat food the majority of the time that gives me good nutrition that's it. When I eat the examples I gave I physically feel better, inside and out. I have energy, I move faster I think better so why wouldn't I pass up the big Mac instead of having it once every couple months.
  • Blessed2beT
    Options
    The FAQ section on this products webpage made me chuckle a few times. Apparently in order for it to work, you also need to eat well and exercise. Shocking.

Also they recommend using backup contraception while you drink the tea. Shady.

Contraception hahahahah like for sex???? Hahahaha wow.