• mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Shep is 4 months old today!

cgknnz8pte04.jpeg

<3

Mary from Minnesota
    Awesome pic Mary! You both look so fit and healthy!
    Chris in MA

• MissPen2014
    MissPen2014 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Morning All! thanks for the encouragement! I'm trying to get the hang of posting...ya'll be patient with me!

Mary - Shep is adorable!!! I love those ears and bright eyes!

Michele - Yes - I figure out the calories per serving when I'm making something new if the nutritional values aren't included with the recipe.

Heather in UK - speaking of recipes - the veg and guinea fowl curry sounds yummy!

DJ - that is one beautiful sunrise.

I've had a really hectic week at work , but I think today may be quite. REALLY looking forward to the weekend!!

Miss Pen in (soggy) AR
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    B)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,622 Member
    Options
    morning peeps -

fancy- cute poocher pic of you and the boy!!! HAPPYYYYY BDAYYYYYYYYY from my kids to yours!

Kirby was off today and he ran a 5k under a 10 minute mile!!! 9.40 to be exact! that is huge from where he began (1st attempt couldn't do on a treadmill, 18min mi). that was on a treadmill not holding on! for the 2nd day in a row, I forgot my monkey feet (don't wear tennis shoes) so I did more shoulder stretching exercises. I could have run barefoot on the treadmill but I didn't want someone ratting me out.

saw the new place yesterday, it's got a lot of remodeling to do yet. boss told me but not clear as to where exactly my bike will be. if it's not under cover someone, not exposed to the elements, I'm going to rent a bike locker at the sumner station. we'll see how it pans out.

days are getting longer. this morning when I got done w/the gym, got outside and it was nice crisp and clear. I looked outside and told Kirby, it would be a nice day to ride to work, then I looked at him and said, "nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh".

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,146 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Becca: I didn't know it was that bad out at the coast. I'm glad you came through it ok. I'm sorry that your neighbor lost his home. I hope it was insured. (((hugs)))

Mary: What a great picture of you and Shep. :smiley:

Joan19: Thanks for the input on fosamax. I'm going to ask my doctor for the once a week version next time and see how I like it. Waiting half an hour for my morning coffee once a week would be a huge improvement over waiting every day! :smiley:

CSSJ09: Your magazine idea is one I'll save for the future. I bought DGD a Disney Princess Cookbook and some cooking tools. It had great reviews on Amazon. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she'll love it and have quality time with her mom and other grandma learning to cook. :flowerforyou:

Gloria: It is great that your kids are in band. Music is so good for kids, and everyone else. :heart:

Yoga today! I've had conflicts all week until now and I'm looking forward to the class. I missed my riding lesson last week so that we could spend the weekend with DS and DDIL, so I'm really looking forward to it tomorrow.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

March Resolutions :
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back strength.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.

30881843.png
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Got the answer on the job. Came in second.

NSV-- instead of eating my feelings, I ran a couple miles instead.

Shower time, see if I can't find my big girl panties, and pull those on, and on to the next thing.

Lisa in West Texas

I bet you couldn't find your big girl panties because all you have are skinny girl panties! ;)
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,368 Member
    Options
    Did an hour of Les Mills Body Step DVD today. The plan for tomorrow is to do an Intense Fitness with 25 rest time DVD. We shall see what that is. I suspect that for me 25 rest time is going to be too long.

katla - a long while ago I took the fosamax once weekly. Let's see if I remember..... I seem to recall that I couldn't eat anything for something like an hour after taking it and I had to be upright (I couldn't go back to bed). I don't recall having to drink a certain amount of water. I didn't have any problem with it. It just didn't seem to be as effective on me as the doctor wanted it to be, but in that respect everyone is individual. Right now I take the one every 6 months shot (Prolia). Our insurance covers it in full. The advantage to this is that, well, for one thing you don't have to drink the water, have nothing to eat, and stay upright, but then the medication gets right into your bloodstream and doesn't have to go thru the digestive system first. I like the idea of a subscription to a magazine. This way she'll get something from you every month.

Lisa - good for you not eating after hearing the news of your job. I'm proud of you for going running instead.

becca - you always make my mouth water. How horrible for your neighbor

Mary - Shep is getting so big. You look awesome

Michele in NC
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Good morning! It's a beautiful day here in Kansas. Spring has really sprung!

This morning I got a call from my son asking if I would please hire someone to clean his apartment. Hallelujah! I've been offering for two years. I've been insisting for the last three months. NOW he finally agreed to it. So, I posted a request on Facebook and got about 50 responses. Sorted through them, checked facebook pages and discarded the party girls. Discarded a few that had bad reputations (dishonest or don't show up). And settled on one that had good references.

Tomorrow hubby and I are going to Kansas City to attend a support group for the family members of Alpha1 disease victims, and we are taking the kids along to get them out from under foot while the cleaning lady is there. She is supposed to come at 11:00. I hope it works out well and we can get her to come back weekly. I'm feeling good about this.

But I'm feeling bad about something else. I called to make an appointment to get my hair cut. Called the salon and asked for an appointment with Hadley, who I like ( I finally found a stylist that I like). They told me, "sorry, but Hadley won't be back for 6 months to a year because she had a stroke!" This girl is 22 years old! How awful!

I went to Walmart to buy cleaning supplies for the big event tomorrow, and driving back to the studio I passed a young man walking the most beautiful dog I have ever laid eyes on! I pulled around the corner and got out of the van and asked if I could pet him. I just couldn't help it! This was an Australian Shepard, and gold, white and brown streaks in the most beautiful long haired coat. I think the guy said it was a honey merle coat or something like that. He was so lush and soft! And his eyes were like golden marbles. I fell deeply in love! And he was very sweet too. He acted like he knew me and wondered where I had been. Very much an exuberant puppy. The poor owner must have been through this before, being accosted by strange women on the street. He was very nice about the whole thing.

Well, I'm off to try out a new stylist. Have a great day!

Sylvia
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Thanks for the nice comments about me and Shep. He really is getting huge. I think he's going to be bigger than expected!

Stronglifts Workout

Squats- 1x5x95/105/115, 5x5x125
    Sumo Squats- 5x5x110
    OHP- 1x5x45/50/55/60, 5x5x55
    DL- 1x5x140

10,000 Kettlebell Swing Challenge

GobletSquats- 1x7x25
    Russian Kettlebell Swing- 17x15x25 = 255

Day 11 Challenge Total 4,285

Now to take the puppy out for a walk!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,294 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Sylvia - I cannot tell you how delighted I am that he has agreed to a cleaner! :flowerforyou: (((((HUGS)))))

My DS#2 has got the house he was after in Hove. :drinker: There is many a slip twixt cup and lip, but I am delighted. It is perfect for them, not the least for the proximity to the station.
    I misspent a morning looking at places nearby within our (reduced) budget. I have v little chance of persuading DH, but a girl can dream.
    I did spend some of the afternoon on my memoir to make up for it.

DH spent the afternoon sorting out the new waterbutts which arrived at lunchtime. That is a 12 hour delivery period! :noway:
    He had ordered one of them too large for the diverter (as I told him :o ) , but he redrilled a hole lower down. Genius! :D
    I phoned a gardening company to get our patio power washed, along with the mouldy table and a wisteria reattached to the new drainpipe. That requires a looooong ladder. :o:o:o
    We also phoned our painter friend about the rendering, which was damaged by the leaky guttering. He answered the phone, but was in Costa Rica! Back on Monday. I will have them over for a meal. So it's all systems go! Love it.

I also emailed the cruise company about how easy it would be to meet up with Penny at Longyearbyen. All good. They recommended a taxi, but were quite happy with me going "off piste". They also were happy with me including a bottle of Pernod in my luggage. Some companies conviscate booze.

This evening I wanted to celebrate DS 's new house so we opened the very special bottle of wine he bought me for a Christmas present. (I asked him for it) It is a wine from the Jura area of France (in the East) and is aged for 6 years in an oak barrel so it oxidises. Expensive. I absolutely love it! It tastes a bit like a fino sherry, only more complex. We had it with a typical dish from the region - pork medallions with creme fraiche and whole grain mustard. Yum. I double podded 109 broad (fava) beans. It was orgasmic and we toasted the future of my son's family. :D

Love to all. Heather UK
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Strength training today: My daughter told my "you don't have to do it" because I had told her I had been procrastinating this morning. I said oh yes, I do have to do it. I do it for me and the only one who cares if I do it or not is me, so I have to do it. She said I'm glad you look at it that way :)

Triceps Extension 3x10x10
    Lunge 3x10x5
    Abdominal Crunches 3x10x10
    Dumbbell Row, Two-Arm, Bent-Over 3x10x10
    Standing Biceps Curl, Dumbell 3x10x10
    Leg Curls 3x10x8
    Side Leg Raises 3x10x8
    Leg Extension 3x10x8
    Overhead Press, Barbell 3x10x10
    Front Squats, Dumbells 3x10x20
    Front Raises, Straight Arm 3x10x10

Its very sunny and nice out this morning but it's supposed to start raining late this afternoon and rain thru tomorrow morning.

Janetr OKC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Sylvia: I'm so glad your son accepted the offer of the cleaning service. Yay!!! I hope the Alpha 1 Support group turns out to be beneficial for you and the kids. I'm so sorry that your hairstylist had a stroke. I hope she'll be back to 100%. Sometimes petting a cute dog is the best part of a day. :flowerforyou:.

Heather: Congratulations to your son and DDIL for getting the home they want! It sounds like things are going splendidly well. :bigsmile:

I had a good yoga session today. One of my fellow classmates is a MFP woman. I suggested that she look for our group. I wonder whether we'll see her here. We're getting ready to go to a meat sale at the local market. We've had good and bad luck at those sales in the past and we'll try to be careful with our selections.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Sylvia ~ So glad your son is accepting your help to get his apartment cleaned. Know it will make everyone happier to be there.

Heather ~ Sounds like everything is going great for you and your family. So glad you son got the house he wanted.

Very slow day around here today. My son put a new mail box up for me. Then I went to Costco to buy coffee and to the bank. Tried to clean my Maytag oven but the results were poor. It has a cleaning cycle where you dump some water in the bottom and let it go. The glass door is a total greasy mess so I think I will have to try spray on oven cleaner.

Carol
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Janetr - great workout! Great reply to your DD!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,755 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Spent four hours cleaning up part of the downtown park that I take care of. Cut off peony, aster, Russian sage, and sedum stems, and raked up all the leaves and debris. I also pulled up as much of the quack grass as I could (it spreads by underground runners). Stuffed everything in to 9 yard waste bags and a huge pile of sticks. I have about the same amount of work to do on the other section, and there is some pruning and moving of plants that needs done still. Now I can hardly move I am in so much pain! Spine and hips and knees and hands.